email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mighty MC falls to Delbarton

anon
So they will still be tier 3 and just because it will be free for all of the provincial families that are afraid to travel outside of New England people think it will then compete with the USHL?

Please

Tier 2, Tier 3 doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of hockey, the cost and the proximity of the league to the 90% of the division 1-3 schools where the kids from the east will end up attending. I am certain there will be bumps and changes on the fly but a few years down the road will be viable

For those on the South Shore who know Hinghams team well, how would they do against BA's u16 & I 18 teams?

Compare

I think Hingham would lose to both U-16 and U-18 BA teams. In fact I don't think it would even be close. The full season teams are made up of kids who know the game and specialize in hockey, are plus skaters and can move the puck effectively.

The coaches of the few kids taken for Hockey East schools will still send them out to the Midwest. USPHL will have a few D-I kids (Kings, Hitmen...) but it will still be a D-3 college league for the foreseeable future.

anon
So they will still be tier 3 and just because it will be free for all of the provincial families that are afraid to travel outside of New England people think it will then compete with the USHL?

Please
Ummm, why would you think that anyone other than you would expect a Tier 2 team to be competitive against a Tier 1 league?

The USPHL needs to be competitive against the NAHL, which is Tier 2 and tuition free. The Northeast Generals moved here last year, will play out of Attleboro. THAT'S who the USPHL wants to compete against.

USA Hockey better be careful, this decision has disaster written all over it. I personally expect the AAU to make inroads into NE youth hockey through the USPHL, into the EHF.

And, if you had a kid that is at that level, you'd understand how attractive tuition free hockey without billeting is, as an alternative to the NAHL. Not the USHL.

Anon
anon

Please
Ummm, why would you think that anyone other than you would expect a Tier 2 team to be competitive against a Tier 1 league?

The USPHL needs to be competitive against the NAHL, which is Tier 2 and tuition free. The Northeast Generals moved here last year, will play out of Attleboro. THAT'S who the USPHL wants to compete against.

USA Hockey better be careful, this decision has disaster written all over it. I personally expect the AAU to make inroads into NE youth hockey through the USPHL, into the EHF.

And, if you had a kid that is at that level, you'd understand how attractive tuition free hockey without billeting is, as an alternative to the NAHL. Not the USHL.

That's what I'm thinking. AAU is trying to get back into hockey. So here is a perfect opportunity. I can see that somewhere between now and the beginning of next season you see an announcement that they are partnering this new league with AAU and then not longer after they move the rest of the USPHL out of USA Hockey and to AAU.