The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
No. That guy followed on year - 'List Guy' this is for high school and so far this list has been better than My Hockey Live, HNIB and by far better than the Boston Globe. Not sure if the Gobe even follows high school sports anymore.
If it's not a highly liberal town the global nominate for top 20
Here's Jim Clark's top ten -
DIVISION 1 SUPER EIGHT
1. POPE FRANCIS (6-0-0; preseason 4) – Even without a Division 1 commit on the roster, the Cardinals remain one of the elite programs in the state.
2. BC HIGH (5-0-1; preseason 5) – The Eagles get a big test this weekend at Malden Catholic before heading off to Fenway.
3. MALDEN CATHOLIC (1-1-2; preseason 1) – Weird that the Lancers won the Christie Serino Christmas Classic without actually winning a game.
4. AUSTIN PREP (4-0-1; preseason 7) – The Cougars were less than a minute from a win at MC and a perfect start.
5. ST. JOHN’S PREP (1-2-2; preseason 2) – We’ll waive our “no ranked teams under .500” rule because the Eagles’ loss to Delbarton was considered an MIAA Endowment Game.
6. ARLINGTON (4-1-0; preseason 6) – The Spy Ponders have been rolling since a season-opening road loss to Pope Francis.
The wild cards: 7. Catholic Memorial (5-1-0; preseason NR); 8. Arlington Catholic (4-1-0; preseason NR); 9. St. Mary’s (4-2-0; preseason 3); 10. Hingham (4-1-2; preseason 10).
Read that and someone please tell me why there aren't different divisions for private schools and a public schools?
Wake up MIAA the deck is stacked.
Arlington hasn't faced any completion since Pope Francis
Watched my nephew's game against Arlington (we lost) and was shocked at how many Arlington parents are disgusted by politics of the program this year. Appears that the coach took his entire private team that pays him each year and put them all on varsity.
Seniors parents are not happy that the coach is looking to build 4 years down the road at the expense of the current seniors
Something to watch
Taking a page out of the old Catholic School playbook is he? Most public schools aren't onto this concept of having your kids play together year around on a select team and then pull into the high school season looking like a real team.
Of course the Catholics also coach (often the assistant coaches) younger select teams to keep the recruiting pipeline open which the publics have no chance of playing this game as they are stuck with the kids that live in their district.
But hey, who needs apples to apples when it comes to high school hockey?
Sounds like play for pay to me
Yeah but it's sold under 'let's develop chemistry between the players.....'
I'm surprised more coaches don't do what the Arlington coach does. Kids skate together year round on his "private" team. Coach M make lots of money charging them $3000 each to play. Parents are happy spending the money to get their kids playing time on the high school varsity team. Everyone is happy
Exactly the catholic school method of holding them together, earning some bucks and getting rink time to look for the next 12-13 year old.
But doesn't the MIAA have rules against this type of pay scheme?
Doesn't seem fair to those players who chose not to pay the coach for roster spots
Heard arlington is changing its name from the spyponders to the penguins