Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Only 6 teams left 'on the bus'

Have the coach step-up and schedule some good independent teams or even a couple scrimmages.

Fat chance. Guy is a tool. No actual coaching taking place. Would rather walk through the regular season playing D2 schools to say he had a winning record and keep his job. Fat little troll.

anon
Anonymous
Don't sleep on walpole

Please. The same thing happened last season.
Decent team, easy schedule, overconfident, lost in round 2.

I though you guys were just kidding about this, but OI just looked at Walpole's schedule and you are right. They are not playing one team that can be considered a high-quality opponent. Is it like this for them every year? I seems like they are the victim of a very poor league. Is ths why they were not successful last season? I see they lost in playoffs, but only by a 1-0 score to the team that won the state title, so that isn't bad?

Anon
anon
Anonymous
Don't sleep on walpole

I though you guys were just kidding about this, but OI just looked at Walpole's schedule and you are right. They are not playing one team that can be considered a high-quality opponent. Is it like this for them every year? I seems like they are the victim of a very poor league. Is ths why they were not successful last season? I see they lost in playoffs, but only by a 1-0 score to the team that won the state title, so that isn't bad?

Tough tilt versus Dedham this afternoon.

Anon
anon
Anonymous
Don't sleep on walpole

Beat Dedham 12-1. What are these kids really getting out of this season?

Anon
Anon
anon
Anonymous
Don't sleep on walpole

Will be celebrated for going 20-0, yet will lose play-in game, and drop to #1 seed in D1 tourney, then bounced out of Tourney in 2nd round, when they finally play a good team. The Bay State Conference really needs to think about restructuring the schedule to play each other once, and have teams schedule the remainder of their schedule individually, so they challenge themselves as they see fit. These Walpole kids are getting nothing out of this season. I feel bad for the senior.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anonymous
Don't sleep on walpole

Will be celebrated for going 20-0, yet will lose play-in game, and drop to #1 seed in D1 tourney, then bounced out of Tourney in 2nd round, when they finally play a good team. The Bay State Conference really needs to think about restructuring the schedule to play each other once, and have teams schedule the remainder of their schedule individually, so they challenge themselves as they see fit. These Walpole kids are getting nothing out of this season. I feel bad for the senior.

Coach better start sandbagging or else they'll get moved up to PeeWee from Squirts.

They can go 20-0 and no one will nominate them for Super 8. . .

Also I love these schools that play cupcake schedules and these super star players (who would be third liners at best at a competitive team) and they put up these point totals that are celebrated....

Anon
They can go 20-0 and no one will nominate them for Super 8. . .

Also I love these schools that play cupcake schedules and these super star players (who would be third liners at best at a competitive team) and they put up these point totals that are celebrated....

Agreed. But they will go 20-0, and they'll get a play-in.
They'll lose play-in and drop to #1 seed in D1S.
They'll make it to 2nd or 3rd round and face a decent team, and lose.
Good core of kids, but nowhere near what their record and GAA show.

Can't blame them for their league schedule but they do need to schedule some real teams for non league play.

Who you can blame is the AD/Coach. HS hockey should be about playing to your potential. He hides, does it every year. Not helpful at all for the kids. All about him trying to justify why he didn't give up the coaching job like he promised when he took the AD role.

The really sad part, outside of them playing JV teams, is they only have 8 good players. Always numbers behind the numbers. Strong talent for top 3 D, then, literally, nothing. Strong talent for top 4 forwards, then, nothing. A couple up and comers, but zero depth front and back. Great goalie. Probably best around. No the same record without the kids who came back from club.

This retarded midget only plays top 2 lines, even in blowouts against these JV teams they are playing. The kids on the 3rd and 4th lines all should have been cut as seniors, so leaves him nothing next year.

Go talk t Walpole parents in the organization. Top player parents think it's a joke. 3rd and 4th line parents are ****** because they don't play. No one in on their JV and Freshman team not happy because coach doesn't care about those teams. They will have nothing next year because of this. Top underclassmen players from Varsity to Freshman leaving for club next year. Might come back as Seniors, but this guy has no clue how to build anything.

Other posters are dead on with predictions. Good team that will lose once they face any good teams.

Could have scheduled Hinhgam, X, CM and others. Chose Marblehead, Oliver Ames, AB, BR and KP. Total jerk robbing the kids of playing real competition this year. No different from the jerky off pee wee club daddy looking for wins vs. a good test for his own ego.

Anon
Great goalie. Probably best around.

Very good goalie. Have not seen him this year. Hopefully he worked on his rebound control. Playoff games from last year, he left a lot of pucks out front. Seemed to be his only weakness. I would have certainly taken him on my team.

First crack showing for Walpole.
A tie against a below-average D1 team.

Anon
First crack showing for Walpole.
A tie against a below-average D1 team.

How many shots-against are they averaging each game?
I'd be surprised if Walpoles keeper is seeing more than 10.