email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Walpole Goes undefeated!!!!!!

anon
Undefeated in D-I Mass high school hockey? You are either beyond belief and stacked with D-I talent or you have successfully dodged any meaningful competition. Which is it?

I have not seen them play and on the outside looking in. If you look at the tams they have played in the top 20 and then look at how those teams have done against the best teams you will see why so many are hesitant to give them credit. Good news for all, the Tournament is right around the corner and will be telling.

Bay State Dad
How many of you Walpole bashers have seen them play? Figured as much.

I have on quite a few occasions. They have 1 & 1/2 lines of F, 1 set of D and a decent goalie, just like last season, but slightly lower level. How did that work out for them?

They've played nobody. Reality sets in next week.

I would be surprised if they and Marshfield both make the Super 8. Four publics??

What is more impressive Walpole going undefeated or Marshfield only losing a few? Marshfield schedule was much more difficult.

Either way, i expect they will be in a play in game. Interesting to see how it works out.

Walpole makes it into round 2 of S8 selection.
9 other teams crossing their fingers that Walpole makes play-in, because whomever Walpole plays is essentially guaranteed a spot in S8...........

Anon
Walpole makes it into round 2 of S8 selection.
9 other teams crossing their fingers that Walpole makes play-in, because whomever Walpole plays is essentially guaranteed a spot in S8...........

What's funny is someone said Walpole is 3 lines deep, 2 sets of D and best goaltender in state.
They are really 1 1/2 lines deep, 1 set of D and a goalie that gives up rebounds.
Big difference when you end up playing good teams instead of a puff schedule.

Walpole is in!
Now waiting for seeding to see who gets the free pass to S8.........
I may even have to purchase subscription to MyHockeyLive to watch them get destroyed,

Cm gets the free pass!

Will you admit your were wrong if the rebels beat CM?

I will!

'If they beat CM' ???? Right now they pretty much have to beat CM or else they and the dopes over at the MIAA are all crazy

Walpole has 4 really good F's and 3 really good D, outstanding goalie. Drop off in talent is drastic. Zero depth. They hang in first round, maybe survive if goalie and studs have the stamina. Fast start is needed for them. If they go down early they will be like the Russians in 1980, won't know how to handle it. Forget about 2nd round. They won't be exposed, they will be embarrassed. Speed, physicality and skill level will kill them.

Second round? Isn't the play-in game one game? CM just needs to keep the shifts short, bring all four lines and move the puck and it's "hello to the D-1 State Public School Championship" were Walpole belongs.

Anon
Walpole has 4 really good F's and 3 really good D, outstanding goalie. Drop off in talent is drastic. Zero depth. They hang in first round, maybe survive if goalie and studs have the stamina. Fast start is needed for them. If they go down early they will be like the Russians in 1980, won't know how to handle it. Forget about 2nd round. They won't be exposed, they will be embarrassed. Speed, physicality and skill level will kill them.

Outstanding goalie against bad D1 teams. Kid gives up too many rebounds. Good team will chew him up.

Walpole lost to the last good team they played.