Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Arlington

anon
Ghost of Burns
Anon
im sorry
What does this have to do with arlington hockey?

I know it will probably take you awhile and you will have to skip a lot of big words but read the thread. It is a discussion board ya know. Not just a place to come vent because your bender kid is a chip off the ole block.

Spoken like a true wanna be. Never made a team did ya?
A couple of points that you clearly don't understand
There are things called "topics". This one happens to be about Arlington.
That mean we discuss "Arlington"
If you want to speak about something else you call start a new topic.
Secondly I did read the thread and I didn't see any "big words"
I understand that any word with more than one syllable is probable big to you
Finally you should only speak to subjects that you know something about.
Like maybe what its like to be 49 year man living in his mothers basement.

Arlington is 2017 Kraft "Benderville"

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
And when they finished at rivers did they play for the Bruins?
or did you wake up from your dream before they turned pro?

Neither went Pro. Pretty sure these seniors at Arlington are seeing their last ice unlike my boys. They ought to thank this guy for the memories.

I have not seen them play yet but sure those Sr's will have a chance to pg or play jrs. From there, I am sure div 3 is very possible. Likely will be teammates with a few former prep school players. No matter the route you take! [/quot

Not a chance

Have to agree. Not much hockey after Public school Div 1. Its watered down and SLOW

Two of these five played public. Things are definitely watered down these days but this is not the end of hockey for many of these kids if they are willing to put in the work!!

Jim Clark‏ @In_The_Slot 10h10 hours ago
More
Brendan Collier (NU), Derek Petti (MC), Chris LeBlanc (MC), Liam Coughlin (V), Brian Pinho (PC) goals tonight ... all played MIAA as seniors

One played Public and D2 at that. Kid blossomed after high school in the summer.

So is Arlington one of the few schools there is no sport participation fee?

Anon

Wrong, cost $750 to play hockey at Arlington High. There is a fee for other sports as well but not as much

Ponder parent
Anon

Wrong, cost $750 to play hockey at Arlington High. There is a fee for other sports as well but not as much

And let's not forget the $1000 per year for coach messuri's middle school team. Can't play varsity unless you play 3 years of middle school hockey first and hhe keeps that money for himself

Anon
Ponder parent
Anon

And let's not forget the $1000 per year for coach messuri's middle school team. Can't play varsity unless you play 3 years of middle school hockey first and hhe keeps that money for himself

There was no 7th or 8th Grade middle school teams this year in Arlington. There was a 6 th Grade team but it had nothing to do with the Messuri's.

BTW #93 had his 1 and only goal of the year vs Belmont when he scored the 8th and meaningless goal and celebrated like a 10 year old.

Anon
Ponder parent
Anon

There was no 7th or 8th Grade middle school teams this year in Arlington. There was a 6 th Grade team but it had nothing to do with the Messuri's.

ponder parent
Anon
Ponder parent
Anon

Who ran the program?

Seems to be working so what a great program. If you complain about money in hockey, you've picked the wrong sport.

anon
Seems to be working so what a great program. If you complain about money in hockey, you've picked the wrong sport.

Well said. The poster complains about a coach that has taken a public school program to the Super 8 and plays his own son and about $. How long has this guy been involved with hockey. A) If someone lied to you that hockey was cheap you should have given your boy a basketball. B) if you dont think a coach wil play his son you are out of your mind. C) have some balls and send your aon to a new school or team if he is so good. D) stop putting down a freshman high school student. E) from what i see the only one who should be complaining is the goalie. Looks like those "seniors" that are carrying the team were outshot by 2-1.

Anon
Looks like those "seniors" that are carrying the team were outshot by 2-1.

Hingham's defense takes tons of shots from the blue line on the break that are essentially just playing catch with the goalie. The shot stats are wildly misleading.

Anon
Anon

Hingham's defense takes tons of shots from the blue line on the break that are essentially just playing catch with the goalie. The shot stats are wildly misleading.

Ummmm isn't that what you want to do to create chances and tips or rebounds? What exactly is Arlingtons strategy? Take fewer shots on net?

Anon
Anon
Anon

Ummmm isn't that what you want to do to create chances and tips or rebounds? What exactly is Arlingtons strategy? Take fewer shots on net?

Ummm, not when the rest of your team is behind the blue line. Fewer shots and more real scoring chances is much preferable to what is essentially just a dump that pumps up goalie's stats.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Ummm, not when the rest of your team is behind the blue line.

Then Arlington is outcoaching Hingham and Hinghams defenseman are carrying the puck all the way through the neutral zone while Arlingtons seniors allow this and take a defensive zone faceoff? Im confused. Either way Arlingtons seniors are being outplayed.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Then Arlington is outcoaching Hingham and Hinghams defenseman are carrying the puck all the way through the neutral zone while Arlingtons seniors allow this and take a defensive zone faceoff? Im confused. Either way Arlingtons seniors are being outplayed.

And they're winning so what's your point? Have you watched Hingham? Their D carry far too much, skate to blue line and fire puck at net before any of their forwards can get to net for rebounds or deflections. If that's Arlington's "strategy", its brilliant. Half of the Arlington goalie's "saves" are just catching the fastballs that Hingham's D fires at him. So point is, that looking at shot "stats" is misleading. When most of your shots are just long tosses into the goalie's glove, don't whine about how you're losing to a team that has half as many shots.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

And they're winning so what's your point? Have you watched Hingham? Their D carry far too much, skate to blue line and fire puck at net before any of their forwards can get to net for rebounds or deflections. If that's Arlington's "strategy", its brilliant. Half of the Arlington goalie's "saves" are just catching the fastballs that Hingham's D fires at him. So point is, that looking at shot "stats" is misleading. When most of your shots are just long tosses into the goalie's glove, don't whine about how you're losing to a team that has half as many shots.

No dog in the fight here. My point was Arlington must be out coaching the Hingham team but if a D man doesn't have an outlet carrying the puck to the blue line and firing high on net to get an Offensive zone faceoff is sound hockey especially at high school level.

Giving up possession for a 50/50 chance to win face-off? Mass high school hockey at its best.

Anon
Giving up possession for a 50/50 chance to win face-off? Mass high school hockey at its best.

This shows this guy never played hockey. The goal is an offensive zone faceoff. Draw it to the point and go to net.

Not when you have the puck under control. Of course if dont have the skill to keep it, by all means dump it on net.

I guess if you stumbled across this thread and were none the wiser, you'd think Arlington was 0-20 this year.

Anon
anon

Well said. The poster complains about a coach that has taken a public school program to the Super 8 and plays his own son and about $. How long has this guy been involved with hockey. A) If someone lied to you that hockey was cheap you should have given your boy a basketball. B) if you dont think a coach wil play his son you are out of your mind. C) have some balls and send your aon to a new school or team if he is so good. D) stop putting down a freshman high school student. E) from what i see the only one who should be complaining is the goalie. Looks like those "seniors" that are carrying the team were outshot by 2-1.

I'm sorry but what I read was a high school hockey coach was charging middle school players $1000 a head to play
That is a violation of the miaa rules
I don't care if he wins it all
That is outrageous

I'm not sure which game you were watching but Arlington's first two goals were garbage goals off of loose pucks in the slot and their third was a screened goalie from the point. It's not like there was some great game strategy executed.

Garbage goals off of scrambles in front of the net only points to the fact that the Hingham defensemen do not control the space in front of their goalie. And in watching them play sunday I can't imagine Hingham is under any illusions that this current defensive corp is as dominant defensively as they had a couple years ago. They appear smaller and less interested in the dirty work in front of the net.

Anon
anon

Which one of Coach Messuri's brother are you?
You clearly are related. He can do no wrong in your eyes
And you state that your nephew is one of the best players in the state
Only an uncle would say something so ridiculous

I saw a promo foto of three players on Twitter. Stop with that. Just post a photo of the goalie.

Winchester1
Anon
anon

Crazy thing is I truly dont even know the guy and think public school hockey is terrible except for a Freshman or Sophomore who may want Ice time. Somehow I have a feeling your son fills water bottles for Arlington.

Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Crazy thing is I truly dont even know the guy and think public school hockey is terrible except for a Freshman or Sophomore who may want Ice time. Somehow I have a feeling your son fills water bottles for Arlington.

So you know nothing about him or the team or the situation
Now there's an opinion that we should all care about

Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

I know he wins, hockey is an expensive sport, and picking on a freshman as an adult because he ia playing over your son is wrong on so many levels. Thats what people are ******** about on here. Am I wrong?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

I know he wins, hockey is an expensive sport, and picking on a freshman as an adult because he ia playing over your son is wrong on so many levels. Thats what people are ******** about on here. Am I wrong?

Of course your wrong. Your always wrong, but you've heard that your whole life haven't you.
You never played any sports because you weren't good enough. You live in your parents basement as an adult.
Your are unemployed. You never married,and are unable to have children. Thank God.
And your the only person on this message board defending this coach.
Please keep your uninformed opinions between you and your 26 cats

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Of course your wrong. Your always wrong, but you've heard that your whole life haven't you.
You never played any sports because you weren't good enough. You live in your parents basement as an adult.
Your are unemployed. You never married,and are unable to have children. Thank God.

Wow! Why so angry? You think its right for you anonymous adults to pile on a 15 year old kid? Really, how would you like it if it was your kid, donkey?

No dog in this fight but I am amazed that your group comes onto bash a coach and a kid that is playing in the Super 8 ( as a Public). Bad, bad form! Even if it is all legitimate; still some weak *ss sh**

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Wow! Why so angry? You think its right for you anonymous adults to pile on a 15 year old kid? Really, how would you like it if it was your kid, donkey?

No dog in this fight but I am amazed that your group comes onto bash a coach and a kid that is playing in the Super 8 ( as a Public). Bad, bad form! Even if it is all legitimate; still some weak *ss sh**

I agree and who cares what you have for a job? Typical Winchester clown who wants his son to play Prep but he sucks so complain about the coach that has to deal with little to no talent public school players and somehow made them win. But their son said the coach yelled at them.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

I agree and who cares what you have for a job? Typical Winchester clown who wants his son to play Prep but he sucks so complain about the coach that has to deal with little to no talent public school players and somehow made them win. But their son said the coach yelled at them.

Geez! Throw a period or two in there would ya? I mean, I like what you are saying but reading that gave me a popsicle headache guy

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Geez! Throw a period or two in there would ya? I mean, I like what you are saying but reading that gave me a popsicle

headache guy

Haha using talk to text. Maybe the guy with the good job works for Nuance and can fix this.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Meow!!
Time to change the kitty litter

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Wow! Why so angry? You think its right for you anonymous adults to pile on a 15 year old kid? Really, how would you

nlike it if it was your kid, donkey?

Meow!!

Or its time to pile on your wife! Again!!

anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Wow! Why so angry? You think its right for you anonymous adults to pile on a 15 year old kid? Really, how would you

Meow!!

Hit a little to close to home there slugger? Ha Ha Ha

anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Meow!!

Nah, not so much. I just read the thread and think you are a tool. Anybody who thinks it is cool to anonymously bag on 15 year old kids is a coward. Coward.

anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Meow!!

Nah, not so much. I just read the thread and think you are a tool. Anybody who thinks it is cool to anonymously bag on 15 year old kids is a coward. Coward.

Coward? this coming from someone who signs his name as Anon?
Man up ***** and put your really name down
or continue to be the closet shut in you are

anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Meow!!

Who would be more embarrassed to reveal their name? The grown man that picks on a 15 year old because his dad was a pro hockey player or the guy who called you out?

Anon
anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Meow!!

Who would be more embarrassed to reveal their name? The grown man that picks on a 15 year old because his dad was a pro hockey player or the guy who called you out?

Punked out just as I thought you would
Go back to your baking sweetheart

anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Meow!!

Bashing on 15 year old athletes because you have a bone to pick with his dad is bottom feeding cowardly s**t.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Meow!!

Bashing on 15 year old athletes because you have a bone to pick with his dad is bottom feeding cowardly s**t.

I never said anything about his son. I wouldn't do that. But I can see why you are so sensitive to this issue
After how horrible your son looked against Kimball in his limited playing time

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Meow!!

I never said anything about his son. I wouldn't do that. But I can see why you are so sensitive to this issue

Wrong guy. Guy

Before I really didn't care who won these games but how I dislike everything about this team, it's parents and it's critics.

I hope you all lose.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Winchester1
Anon
anon

Meow!!

Wrong guy. Guy

No he had the right guy. Your busted