Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: AP Needs a Change

Maybe the fact that all of the superstars leave for greener pastures. Converting forwards to D in high school is not an easy task. This team overachieved all year.

New boss
anon
There's been a whole lot of shenanigans at AP going back to the little guy era. Everyone looks the other way. I agree. Time to clean house.

New to AP...what kind of shenanigans?

A whole bunch of pay to play. The little guy paid for everything when his grandson was there (sweatsuits, gloves, bags, ice, hats, lunches/dinners, banquets, professional video, DJs) you name it, he paid. And grandson played first line and all his buddy's got a ton of minutes when they weren't ready. When the little guy passed, most left as Jrs/Srs to play Prep/Jrs when they had a legit shot at a S8 title. That should tell you something.

There was a fair amount of abuse too. I saw him SCREAM at an ass't coach during a game one time for a too many men penalty. Other stories too. Now that his kid is gone, no reason for him to stay. Move on. He should have been terminated years ago.

You had a player on the team a couple years ago right? I remember you! You would always post when the kid was on JV how they were going to be so dominate once your kid made varsity. Where is he playing now?

My kid played 3 years of varsity and he got plenty of ice. I saw a whole lot of BS with that team. Too bad really. If coached properly, AP could have won 1 or 2 state titles over the past 7-8 years.

I watched ap a lot this year and no question they had all the talent. But LF doesn't know what to do and he is blind. He cut kids down i could see. Always screaming and yelling like a maniac. Multiple times his son made very low hockey IQ decisions and it costed them big time. But he still plays the whole game because he is Gretzky. Hearing a lot of underclassmen are leaving again

That type of crap has been going on at AP for years. My son played at AP years ago. I remember the asst coaches kid made the team as a freshman 8th d-man. There were 3-4 kids that were better that got cut to make room for him. Then when the little grandpa came in and started throwing the $$'s around, his grandson and all his buddys played WAY more than they should have as underclassmen. Some of those kids still left AP as Jrs/Srs. Just goes to show what the favorites thought of LF too. Even with all the $$ the little guy spent on that team, I always wondered how much LF got personally? Must have been at least 5 figures. Little guy was loaded. Sad thing is the AP admin knew what was going on and looked the other way. No wonder AP has such bad karma.

Plain and simple LF needs to go

Just heard over the weekend about AP's Prep "transfer." Give the facts, not sure how the kid got the opportunity to play in a "a Catholic, coeducational, independent school in the Augustinian tradition that strives to prepare its students for success in higher education and in their adult lives, for leadership in a diverse democracy, and for lives of service to others in the spirit of Jesus Christ."

Maybe the Headmaster should be playing closer attention to what the AD and coach are doing?

anon
Just heard over the weekend about AP's Prep "transfer." Give the facts, not sure how the kid got the opportunity to play in a "a Catholic, coeducational, independent school in the Augustinian tradition that strives to prepare its students for success in higher education and in their adult lives, for leadership in a diverse democracy, and for lives of service to others in the spirit of Jesus Christ."

Maybe the Headmaster should be playing closer attention to what the AD and coach are doing?

Which transfer ? Initials ? School?

anon
anon

Which transfer ? Initials ? School?
How many kids on the team transferred from Prep schools this year?

Lawrence Academy kid?

anon
Lawrence Academy kid?

Got it. Also had a Winch Kid too!

Yeah they were the reason why they were somewhat relevant because in pre-season AP was wicked low. Not sure what happened with the Lawrence kid.

anon
Yeah they were the reason why they were somewhat relevant because in pre-season AP was wicked low. Not sure what happened with the Lawrence kid.

Led AP in scoring. Right?

Yeah I believe so

anon
anon

If you have a kid at AP and you don't know why he was "available" you owe it to your child to find out.

anon
anon
anon

If you have a kid at AP and you don't know why he was "available" you owe it to your child to find out.

Sounds Messed Up!!

anon
anon
anon

Sorry for the dumb question... Why can't a kid transfer again?

Winch kid did in the summer. LA kid came half way through the year.

anon
Winch kid did in the summer. LA kid came half way through the year.

Again..dumb question, but why can't a kid transfer?

The game has passed the coach by. He has also learned from a Club coach how to berate as many players as possible, which is too bad.

anon
anon
anon

cliff notes please