Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Walpole

I'm not a Walpole fan at all. I think the coach is a total monkey. Saying that congrats to the boys. Goalie save their hide every single game. Mobile has one line that belongs and no depth after that. Fact. They hung on as long as they could but in the end it's on the coach for not for affording them the opportunity to play real competition during the year. This ultimately bit them in the end. They were not experienced against good teams and the speed and size was an eye-opener for them. Not fair to ask boys to get up for competition above them three or four games in a row when not used to playing that caliber. What I'm saying is the experience throughout the regular season would've helped them. It certainly would not of hurt their ranking it would've helped. Coach is a tool and should be fired for being someone who runs from competition in the regular season. Congrats again to the boys.

This makes absolutely no sense when you take the marshfield/Malden catholic series into consideration. Marshfield was run off the ice in both games but they played tough competition all season. Walpole took BC High to the limit without playing anyone

Anon
This makes absolutely no sense when you take the marshfield/Malden catholic series into consideration. Marshfield was run off the ice in both games but they played tough competition all season. Walpole took BC High to the limit without playing anyone

It does. The only player on Walpole on the same level was the goalie. Walpole played like they were holding on all series.

Yup. Rumor has it he's going to top junior program next year as the starting goalie.

Anon
Yup. Rumor has it he's going to top junior program next year as the starting goalie.

What do mean top? Like local Jr Bruins? Islanders? Will be a big jump! I am sure after he adjusts he will do fine. These spots are not easy to get as he will be competing with many goalies who have been playing at a much higher level.

Anon
Anon

What do mean top? Like local Jr Bruins? Islanders? Will be a big jump! I am sure after he adjusts he will do fine. These spots are not easy to get as he will be competing with many goalies who have been playing at a much higher level.

Much higher level? It's Tier III, checkbook please!

Aanon
Anon
Anon

Much higher level? It's Tier III, checkbook please!

So the IHC Premiere team started out with three goalies; 1 committed d1, another d3 and the third one was All New England the prior year at Loomis Chaffee, and he did not last. Jr Bruins have two former stand out prep goalies. One commited as a prefered walk on at Notre Dame and the other commited to Brown with another year of jr eligibility left. SS Kings have a former Avon old farms goalie who spent part of the season in the USHL and is a D1 commit. Sure the Walpole kid will do well but not really sure how much of a guarantee he will have at a Tier 3 club, nevermind a top league.