Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: No D1 commits played MIAA hockey this year

anon
HappyGilmore
Anon
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2017/3/20/14986744/massachusetts-high-school-hockey-2016-17-top-prospects-pasquale-brown-cafarelli-connolly-benson-miaa

article was written by half wit who couldn't scout a good looking female at the Victoria Secret fashion show. He should be writing articles on municipal golf courses.

He wants to be taken seriously as a "scout" and says a kid has "silky hands"???

Is there and commits or not?

And he fails to even mention the Walpole goalie.

A couple years ago there was a high school defensemen on my kid's team that a lot of junior teams were coveting, many of the good local teams, a couple in the USHL, some interest from Canada and I asked the 'scout' about him and he had no clue who he was. He saw him at a game and sent me an email saying 'he's a pretty good skater' but he had no interest because it seemed like he needed more press before he was a senior.

Kid is off playing college hockey and I guarantee this guy still has no idea who the kid is.

He loves little prep school forwards and that's about it.

anon

A couple years ago there was a high school defensemen on my kid's team that a lot of junior teams were coveting, many of the good local teams, a couple in the USHL, some interest from Canada and I asked the 'scout' about him and he had no clue who he was. He saw him at a game and sent me an email saying 'he's a pretty good skater' but he had no interest because it seemed like he needed more press before he was a senior.

Kid is off playing college hockey and I guarantee this guy still has no idea who the kid is.

He seems to parrot what others say and jump on the bandwagon. Much more of a journalist than a scout.

Anon
anon

He seems to parrot what others say and jump on the bandwagon. Much more of a journalist than a scout.

All that aside are there any college commits in the entire MIAA? If not, that will tell you the state of high school hockey in MA.

Anon
Anon
anon

All that aside are there any college commits in the entire MIAA? If not, that will tell you the state of high school hockey in MA.

Agreed. Watered down. Some future prospects ( younger players) who have not made the jump yet. Plenty of players who will have a chance to play beyond high school. Very different landscape from even five years ago.

Anon
Anon
anon

The better question is whether there are any future college players currently in the MIAA. I suspect the answer is yes, but we have no way of knowing. So how about we just let the kids play and see where they end up.

Anon
Anon
anon

and how many active players in the NHL are from Mass?
either public or prep? 24!
that's tell you the state of all hockey in MA

anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Thats not bad actually. Basically a whole team. How many played at Public school. I would say 0.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Not bad?
It sucks
that is every player from every year

Thats not bad actually. Basically a whole team. How many played at Public school. I would say 0.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Not bad?
It sucks
that is every player from every year

You are clueless. 24 from one state is **** good. NHL is the worlds best.

anon
Anon
Anon
anon

The Rangers Devils game had six or seven players from Mass ( 8-9 from New England) not to mention a few more from the northeast.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

The Rangers Devils game had six or seven players from Mass ( 8-9 from New England) not to mention a few more from the northeast.

How many are that other "pro" category? You know, the non pro's who are pro's?

BCH had 3 kids leave this year alone, 1 D1 and 2 possibles. Pretty sure 1 went to Thayer and 2 went to Dexter.

Do you think the other kids on the team see this and think, 'what's the use, we lose our good players...we will never bring home a title....' and they bail to a local prep as well? A snowball effect of kids bailing.

Dexter? What's the draw other than a coach with connections to Harvard? I don't think he is out shaking the trees for all of his players like you would expect.