Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Phillips Andover

From what I have heard coach is fantastic. Former PA and Yale goalie. Seems to have the respect of everyone.

HUGE endowment. No superstars and unsure about who the are bringing in. Past year they were in the Large school playoffs.

Anon
How does the team look this year and next? Is the coach any good? What about school?

Great school. Coach relies heavily on upper-class recruits. If you're one of them you'll do fine.

Anon
How does the team look this year and next? Is the coach any good? What about school?

You're interested in Andover but you don't know the quality or reputation of the school?

Andover has been second fiddle to Exeter over the last several years in hockey. As well as in endowment too.

Aanon
Andover has been second fiddle to Exeter over the last several years in hockey. As well as in endowment too.

Hockey, yes. Endowment, Please let's not split hairs!

Academically and overall, PA is in a much better place than PEA. That is the consensus

Anon
Aanon

Academically and overall, PA is in a much better place than PEA. That is the consensus

PEA is a much harder school than PA. PA much less stress.

Anon
Anon
Aanon

PEA is a much harder school than PA. PA much less stress.

Not sure but I will take your word on it. Is PA more selective?

the endowement at Exeter is over $1 Billion dollars, I believe that Andover is around $600-700 million. Trust me Andover isn't more selective than Exeter, there are many documented cases where athletes couldn't get into Exeter, or didn't receive much aide compared to Andover where those same athletes were accepted into Andover, or other cases where they received more aid than Exeter. Andover is slipping.