Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Harbormen Hockey

You must go to the games, you have eyes, you tell me. There have been a couple way better since and others before I do know that.

Anon
You must go to the games, you have eyes, you tell me. There have been a couple way better since and others before I do know that.

There have been a few good, stay at home, grinder, throw it off the boards defensemen. None with the speed or skills of the BC kid. He may not have had the best hockey sense as a 15 year old but TM couldn't keep his talent off the ice.

His 'talent' gave TM his worst season as a head coach. Go look at the W/L record, can't argue with the facts. And the big Dman they had a couple years ago could skate circles around the little guy. Imagine that, over 6 feet and a better skater.

anon
His 'talent' gave TM his worst season as a head coach. Go look at the W/L record, can't argue with the facts. And the big Dman they had a couple years ago could skate circles around the little guy. Imagine that, over 6 feet and a better skater.

Thanks Dad. And what beer league are they playing in now?

This is the same guy who has been griping for several years at LM while at Hingham, Dexter, and now BC. he has an ax to grind because his kid was sitting while LM was playing. get over it

Or is this is the same guy who has been griping for several years at LM while at Hingham, Dexter, and now BC. he has an ax to grind because his kid was out there busting his butt while LM was getting trucked, taking stupid penalties, turning the puck over while the coaches gave the kid free reign on the ice while the team had a losing season?

anon

Or is this is the same guy who has been griping for several years at LM while at Hingham, Dexter, and now BC. he has an ax to grind because his kid was out there busting his butt while LM was getting trucked, taking stupid penalties, turning the puck over while the coaches gave the kid free reign on the ice while the team had a losing season?

Sounds like it's the same guy. Time to get over it.

anon
anon
Anon
Best program aroundesigned for this reason. Bread student athletes, not just hockey players.

For all the gloaters about the greatness of Hingham's hockey program just keep in mind that the high scorer on last year's Super 8 team graduated and scored all of 4 points this season as a PG on a very weak prep team.

For all the naysayers about Hingham's hockey program just keep in mind that perhaps their worst defensemen in the past decade is skating a semi-regular shift three years later for Boston College.

Chew on that a while.

Nail on the head. I like it when a guy posts trying to say how bad high school hockey is vs. prep and he gets the truth right up his tail pipe. Too hilarious, but the guy wasn't wrong.

Anon
anon
anon
Anon
Best program aroundesigned for this reason. Bread student athletes, not just hockey players.

For all the gloaters about the greatness of Hingham's hockey program just keep in mind that the high scorer on last year's Super 8 team graduated and scored all of 4 points this season as a PG on a very weak prep team.

For all the naysayers about Hingham's hockey program just keep in mind that perhaps their worst defensemen in the past decade is skating a semi-regular shift three years later for Boston College.

Chew on that a while.

Nail on the head. I like it when a guy posts trying to say how bad high school hockey is vs. prep and he gets the truth right up his tail pipe. Too hilarious, but the guy wasn't wrong.

yeah, and that kid is playing college hockey, and the rest of the group from Hingham will be lucky to play club, chew on that for a while Dad's

Every year they have 4-5 kids that can play D-3 at least who chose to move on to better schools, college education and a career rather than play-out their dream (or their dad's dream) of playing college hockey. So what if a kid or two chose to keep going? Who cares if a kid makes a team because his dad makes it happen? There seems to be very little envy among the kids or parents in town for those who chose to keep playing. Similarly I think there is little envy of the kids who chose to keep playing towards the kids who have moved on in life and they all know who could have kept playing. Just get over it.

anon
Every year they have 4-5 kids that can play D-3 at least who chose to move on to better schools, college education and a career rather than play-out their dream (or their dad's dream) of playing college hockey. So what if a kid or two chose to keep going? Who cares if a kid makes a team because his dad makes it happen? There seems to be very little envy among the kids or parents in town for those who chose to keep playing. Similarly I think there is little envy of the kids who chose to keep playing towards the kids who have moved on in life and they all know who could have kept playing. Just get over it.

That's right, I forgot, the folks from Hingham are to good to have dreams like this, their lives are beautiful.

anon
Every year they have 4-5 kids that can play D-3 at least .....

Dream on. Hingham kids would kill to play hockey in college. Most of them don't because they can't. The reason they're "not envious" is because they KNOW the kids who do play in college are BETTER than they are. And that applies to LM in particular. Their dads may think otherwise, but ask any Hingham player from the last 4 or 5 years and they know how good he really is.

Thanks mom.

The TRUTH is when the marginal player (yes the worst defensemen in the past decade to get a regular shift - numbers don't lie), disruptive locker room kid, primadonna decided to leave the program every kid on that team said 'wow, I really think we are going to be pretty good next year because he is leaving.' No more freelancing all over the ice, no more multiple stupid penalties per period, no more 3 minute shifts, no more hammering off angle shots that fly out of the zone, no more high glass from the point or all the other squirt hockey plays and guess what? THEY WERE BETTER - again, numbers don't lie. Going from a stumbling dysfunctional sub-500 team to winning the state D-I title all through removing one favored, sub-par, selfish player.

Sorry mom, someone had to say it.

anon
Thanks mom.

The TRUTH is when the marginal player (yes the worst defensemen in the past decade to get a regular shift - numbers don't lie), disruptive locker room kid, primadonna decided to leave the program every kid on that team said 'wow, I really think we are going to be pretty good next year because he is leaving.' No more freelancing all over the ice, no more multiple stupid penalties per period, no more 3 minute shifts, no more hammering off angle shots that fly out of the zone, no more high glass from the point or all the other squirt hockey plays and guess what? THEY WERE BETTER - again, numbers don't lie. Going from a stumbling dysfunctional sub-500 team to winning the state D-I title all through removing one favored, sub-par, selfish player.

I'd say the crappy upper-classmen had more to do with Hingham being sub-.500 that year than LM did. Kid basically played by himself that whole season bc there was no one else on the team that could do anything. The difference between the two seasons was much more attributable to MD taking over the offense and MP taking over the goaltending than it was to LM leaving.

Love it, you guys sure eat your young. Yeah I stop out a few times a year to see games and the kid wasn't very good. He had (and still has) potential and the first question I would have is why the kid hasn't been moved to forward - skates well enough to play center but needs to distribute the puck more. The position would fit his game and his size better but hey, I'm sure the people in Chestnut Hill have given it thought. While there I talked to others that were there to look at players and we all had the same conclusion that the high risk plays are not rewarded for defensemen. Year over year that you are speaking about the defense improved considerably with maybe one of the top pairings in high school hockey, the forwards got a year older and the goaltending improved considerably. Hey, the jury is still out.

anon
Thanks mom.

how is club hockey working out for your kid?