Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: USHL Draft -

Post above was well put. My kid wasn't drafted and will try his luck in the new NCDC league. The kids picked were mostly deserving, a few favors late, everyone knows the drill. My kids biggest complaint was that he entertained constant texts from the local kid "ushl scout" who he only responded to because he felt like he had to. I probably paid for a couple tournaments like a dope too because of his emails making sure the USHL team was mentioned at least 5 times. USHL teams should really do something about "scouts" piggy backing their brand to squeeze every penny possible.

Getting drafted is a blessing in disguise. Most 16-17 year old kids are not even close to ready to go out there but when they are they were undrafted and can choose the best situation for themselves.

I know a local kid that was pretty pi$$ed he wasn't drafted, but got invited to 6 main camps within a day of the draft and a D1 offer within a week. They miss all the time - especially with kids around here that they just don't get to see that much.

anon
Getting drafted is a blessing in disguise. Most 16-17 year old kids are not even close to ready to go out there but when they are they were undrafted and can choose the best situation for themselves.

I know a local kid that was pretty pi$$ed he wasn't drafted, but got invited to 6 main camps within a day of the draft and a D1 offer within a week. They miss all the time - especially with kids around here that they just don't get to see that much.

I meant NOT getting drafted is a blessing in disguise. Should have read it before sending.