High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Austin Prep

HIGH SCHOOL BOYS HOCKEY: Austin Prep coach Louis Finocchiaro steps down
Dan Ventura Thursday, May 11, 2017

Austin Prep boys hockey coach Louis Finocchiaro stepped down after 14 seasons at the school. A 2016 member of the Mass. State Hockey Coaches Association Hall of Fame, Finocchiaro guided the Cougars to a 17-4-3 record this past season, including a perfect 10-0 record in Catholic Central League.
“I have thought long and hard about this,” Finocchiaro told his players today during a special meeting at the school. “But it’s the right time. It’s very hard for me personally – I love coaching and I love hockey – it was a very difficult decision.”
“On behalf of the entire Austin Prep community, I would like to thank (Finocchiaro) for his many years of service to our school,” said athletic director Jonathan Pollard. “The impact he has had on our hockey program and the generations of student-athletes he has coached is simply immeasurable.”
In his time at Austin Prep, Finocchiaro amassed an overall record of 203-75-50 and his teams qualified for the Super Eight on eight occasions, including two finals appearances.
Prior to Austin Prep, Finocchiaro coached at Saugus, where he led the Sachems to the Div. 2 state title in 1999. His overall record is 265-94-60.

Long term goal was to take care of Jr. He's graduating now. Mission accomplished. Don't be surprised if he's coaching Jr's Prep/Junior team next season. Getting 30 assists on 24 games doesn't happen on its own you know.

Anon
Long term goal was to take care of Jr. He's graduating now. Mission accomplished. Don't be surprised if he's coaching Jr's Prep/Junior team next season. Getting 30 assists on 24 games doesn't happen on its own you know.

Heard he's walking on at UNH...

I hope you're talking about the club team. He would have a tough time there too. UNH's club team is pretty **** good!

D-1 to hockey east directly doesn't really happen no matter how dad fudges the score sheet.

cougar
Anon

Heard he's walking on at UNH...

He plays another sport?

! ! ! Great post ! ! !

The admin should have fired him years ago when the little grandfather was throwing the cash around. LF didn't do a thing to discourage it and in fact encouraged it by letting the grandson play 1st line when he was a soph. The school knew what was going on and did nothing about it. With all the talent he's had over the years he should have at least won one state title. This season was an embarrassment. Lost S8 play-in game and then 2nd round of D1 (which St Mary's won). The ass't coach has been running that team for years. Underachiever. Good bye.

anon
The admin should have fired him years ago when the little grandfather was throwing the cash around. LF didn't do a thing to discourage it and in fact encouraged it by letting the grandson play 1st line when he was a soph. The school knew what was going on and did nothing about it. With all the talent he's had over the years he should have at least won one state title. This season was an embarrassment. Lost S8 play-in game and then 2nd round of D1 (which St Mary's won). The ass't coach has been running that team for years. Underachiever. Good bye.

Sorry your kid didn't play

You think my kid didn't play?? Sorry to disappoint but he played a lot. It was just kind of nauseating to see that level of pay-for-play going on at AP for a few years there. He was obviously trying to take a page out of the MC playbook with much less success.