View Entire Thread
Re: CCHL or NCDC

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Aanon
The talent level will be no different in the NCDC than it was this past season as Premier. yes, they've lured away a few U16/U18 players whose parents are naive, but as the season moves along next year, they will realize that their son's should be playing at a higher level. NCDC is a pig with different lipstick.

I think we all need to give it a few years before deciding what label to put on it!
No, no, no, we can label it now!!! No reason to wait. In fact we can use the SAME tired cliche repeatedly. Or, in his next post, his backup - a fresh coat of paint.

No dog in this fight at all. How is it the same if it goes from $10k a year to Free? Was pretty decent and now I expect it will be better! How much better? How soon will it be better?

Why the hate? Why not give it time?

Because they are screwing kids that have a chance with the "free" tag. CCHL costs a few grand. If given the choice, go play there than for "free" in front of your dad, mom, and siblings occasionally. Public school hockey is "free", is the talent better than Prep? Not a chance. This is a gimick which is why USA Hockey chose to not be affiliated.

You make it sound like playing in the USPHL is a road to nowhere? How do you figure that? I bet 75% of the players in Premiere play at least Div 3 hockey or at least had the option to and chose club and a few play D1. Now as a free league can we agree that the talent will be better?

CCHL is better than USPHL, but not that much better.

Lets give this league a chance. A player could do far worse than this league

I agree but they are trying to claim they are better than CCHL or any other Tier 2. No chance. Thats the point. Just because its free now its better? To be honest I bet some of the better EHL teams would beat middle of the pack USPHL teams.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Aanon
The talent level will be no different in the NCDC than it was this past season as Premier. yes, they've lured away a few U16/U18 players whose parents are naive, but as the season moves along next year, they will realize that their son's should be playing at a higher level. NCDC is a pig with different lipstick.

I think we all need to give it a few years before deciding what label to put on it!
No, no, no, we can label it now!!! No reason to wait. In fact we can use the SAME tired cliche repeatedly. Or, in his next post, his backup - a fresh coat of paint.

No dog in this fight at all. How is it the same if it goes from $10k a year to Free? Was pretty decent and now I expect it will be better! How much better? How soon will it be better?

Because they are screwing kids that have a chance with the "free" tag. CCHL costs a few grand. If given the choice, go play there than for "free" in front of your dad, mom, and siblings occasionally. Public school hockey is "free", is the talent better than Prep? Not a chance. This is a gimick which is why USA Hockey chose to not be affiliated.

You make it sound like playing in the USPHL is a road to nowhere? How do you figure that? I bet 75% of the players in Premiere play at least Div 3 hockey or at least had the option to and chose club and a few play D1. Now as a free league can we agree that the talent will be better?

I agree but they are trying to claim they are better than CCHL or any other Tier 2. No chance. Thats the point. Just because its free now its better? To be honest I bet some of the better EHL teams would beat middle of the pack USPHL teams.

I don't think the league has made any sort of bold statements that I am aware of. I am sure the marketing machine is in full force, as it should be.

USPHL is quite a bit better, top half up than the EHL. I am sure the top EHL would fare well against the USPHL, middle down. I do think this free league is going to change things a bit. I guess we will have to wait and see.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Aanon

I don't think the league has made any sort of bold statements that I am aware of. I am sure the marketing machine is in full force, as it should be.

USPHL is quite a bit better, top half up than the EHL. I am sure the top EHL would fare well against the USPHL, middle down. I do think this free league is going to change things a bit. I guess we will have to wait and see.

True. What would be cool is since it is tier 3 to have the top teams play each other like Major Junior does in Canada for the Championship.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Aanon

True. What would be cool is since it is tier 3 to have the top teams play each other like Major Junior does in Canada for the Championship.

If it's Free than it ain't Three.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Aanon

What a league or team charges has nothing to do with its tiering. USA Hockey denied its Tier II status.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Aanon

What a league or team charges has nothing to do with its tiering. USA Hockey denied its Tier II status.

And neither does it matter what USA hockey says. Tier 1 Free, Tier 2 mostly Free, Tier 3 Not so much! It is about the product on the ice. USPHL Premiere HAS been good hockey. Good, as in future D3 and a handful of borderline D1 players. Now that it is free, any objective minded person would agree it will only get better!

Haters keep on Hating!

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Aanon

And neither does it matter what USA hockey says. Tier 1 Free, Tier 2 mostly Free, Tier 3 Not so much! It is about the product on the ice. USPHL Premiere HAS been good hockey. Good, as in future D3 and a handful of borderline D1 players. Now that it is free, any objective minded person would agree it will only get better!

Haters keep on Hating!

You are right. I always looked for the best bargain for my son. By your analogy, town hockey is better because it is cheaper. Just because its free doesn't mean it will attract any more talent. I will pay a whopping 2200 and send my kid to the CCHL any day where the competition is that much better.

Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

You are right. I always looked for the best bargain for my son. By your analogy, town hockey is better because it is cheaper. Just because its free doesn't mean it will attract any more talent. I will pay a whopping 2200 and send my kid to the CCHL any day where the competition is that much better.
Then do it and be happy. Best of luck to your kid on his journey. NCDC isn't for you. We get it. Time to move on.

I, and almost every parent I talk with, are happy that another options is opening up. I persoanlly love my kid, love having him around, and he will be gone soon enough. I also would like him to finish school where he is. If NCDC fulfills it's potential, it could be a good alternative for us for 2018/19. If not, he won't play there. Simple as that. Absolutely zero downside.

Except in the minds of a couple of people here that seem to be able to find fault with Christmas.

Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

Then do it and be happy. Best of luck to your kid on his journey. NCDC isn't for you. We get it. Time to move on.

I, and almost every parent I talk with, are happy that another options is opening up. I persoanlly love my kid, love having him around, and he will be gone soon enough. I also would like him to finish school where he is. If NCDC fulfills it's potential, it could be a good alternative for us for 2018/19. If not, he won't play there. Simple as that. Absolutely zero downside.

Except in the minds of a couple of people here that seem to be able to find fault with Christmas.

If your kid is a Tier III player, then it's the right choice for him

Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

Agreed! The other guy obviously has a bone to pick!! He is trying to say, THAT WE are making it about the money, which in fact we are not! We are saying USPHL has been decent and people have been willing to pay for decent. Now that it is free IT WILL attract some better players , which in turn will make the overall quality of hockey better.

Because he has a bone to pick, he is muddying the waters. His kid probably was cut from the JR Bruins 2nd team and now is sour

anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

Agreed! The other guy obviously has a bone to pick!! He is trying to say, THAT WE are making it about the money, which in fact we are not! We are saying USPHL has been decent and people have been willing to pay for decent. Now that it is free IT WILL attract some better players , which in turn will make the overall quality of hockey better.

Because he has a bone to pick, he is muddying the waters. His kid probably was cut from the JR Bruins 2nd team and now is sour

Not a chance. You say its not about $ but the next sentence say now that its free will attract better talent? No, you will attract talent that was cut from true Tier 2 hockey or kids that like having Mommy do their laundry.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

Not a chance. You say its not about $ but the next sentence say now that its free will attract better talent? No, you will attract talent that was cut from true Tier 2 hockey or kids that like having Mommy do their laundry.

God, you must be joy to be around! You think the imports who come in would rather live in the middle of nowhere to play in the NAHL or CCHL? Or perhaps they would rather be in New England surrounded by 75% of the prospective colleges and maybe a little culture to boot. Maybe the kid who is planning on going NESCAC or ECAC would rather stay local and visit schools , take a few classes, see his girlfriend or whatever. Why wouldn't free help take a high level Tier 3 league and attract more talent?

You sir are a moron! Go send moron jr to the CCHL, then he can go to Fitchburg State. Scrub!

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

God, you must be joy to be around! You think the imports who come in would rather live in the middle of nowhere to play in the NAHL or CCHL? Or perhaps they would rather be in New England surrounded by 75% of the prospective colleges and maybe a little culture to boot. Maybe the kid who is planning on going NESCAC or ECAC would rather stay local and visit schools , take a few classes, see his girlfriend or whatever. Why wouldn't free help take a high level Tier 3 league and attract more talent?

You sir are a moron! Go send moron jr to the CCHL, then he can go to Fitchburg State. Scrub!

Learn punctuation, or don't they teach that at NESCAC schools. The difference between Tier 3 and Tier 2 is size and speed. Somehow, I have a feeling your son is taking advantage of playing for free in front of his girlfriend and noone else. Mine will be chasing the numerous puck bunnies in Canada. Yours can play Tier 3 then go to D3 college and that same girlfriend will divorce his ass and go with a D1 player.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

God, you must be joy to be around! You think the imports who come in would rather live in the middle of nowhere to play in the NAHL or CCHL? Or perhaps they would rather be in New England surrounded by 75% of the prospective colleges and maybe a little culture to boot. Maybe the kid who is planning on going NESCAC or ECAC would rather stay local and visit schools , take a few classes, see his girlfriend or whatever. Why wouldn't free help take a high level Tier 3 league and attract more talent

Learn punctuation, or don't they teach that at NESCAC schools. The difference between Tier 3 and Tier 2 is size and speed. Somehow, I have a feeling your son is taking advantage of playing for free in front of his girlfriend and noone else. Mine will be chasing the numerous puck bunnies in Canada. Yours can play Tier 3 then go to D3 college and that same girlfriend will divorce his ass and go with a D1 player.

After having gone back and forth with you a few times, I think I gotta agree with you! Your son should leave home to go play hockey. Not sure if the CCHL is far enough though. Perhaps he can secure a spot in the BCHL or Korea!!

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

God, you must be joy to be around! You think the imports who come in would rather live in the middle of nowhere to play in the NAHL or CCHL? Or perhaps they would rather be in New England surrounded by 75% of the prospective colleges and maybe a little culture to boot. Maybe the kid who is planning on going NESCAC or ECAC would rather stay local and visit schools , take a few classes, see his girlfriend or whatever. Why wouldn't free help take a high level Tier 3 league and attract more talent

After having gone back and forth with you a few times, I think I gotta agree with you! Your son should leave home to go play hockey. Not sure if the CCHL is far enough though. Perhaps he can secure a spot in the BCHL or Korea!!

Korea may sell more tickets than NCDC

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

NCDC doesn't need to sell tickets! They have you and bender Jr to subsidize with your tuition payments! Probably why you are so sour.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

NCDC doesn't need to sell tickets! They have you and bender Jr to subsidize with your tuition payments! Probably why you are so sour.

Follow along NESCAC. My son plays in the CCHL. He was asked to play NCDC or whatever name it is called this week. I didn't want him playing Tier 3 and can afford $2200 USD. They sell tickets to 1-3000 people per game and still charge because its not screwing people.

Anon
Follow along NESCAC. My son plays in the CCHL. He was asked to play NCDC or whatever name it is called this week. I didn't want him playing Tier 3 and can afford $2200 USD. They sell tickets to 1-3000 people per game and still charge because its not screwing people.
Hmm, tense shift there. Well, OK, now that we know your son ALREADY plays there, it becomes clearer that you need to knock every other league to justify your decision to have your kid drop out of school and live with someone else's family to play Junior A hockey.

Hope it works out for him! And, for the record, my kid's a year or so younger than yours, but I don't know that I would accept an offer to join the NCDC for 2017/18 versus other options, either. We just have different ideas of where it's headed.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

Is that a Fact? You must sit on the CCHL Board of Governors. They charge you $2,200 because they can and they sell tickets because they can. It is not about screwing people. It is about business. The likelihood is that there are players on Jr's team paying less than $2,200. Now, do you feel like you were screwed?

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

Is that a Fact? You must sit on the CCHL Board of Governors. They charge you $2,200 because they can and they sell tickets because they can. It is not about screwing people. It is about business. The likelihood is that there are players on Jr's team paying less than $2,200. Now, do you feel like you were screwed?

So the talent in the NCDC is sooo good now they can't charge them anything? I see a lot of D3 commits and USHL, NAHL, CCHL cuts.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

So the talent in the NCDC is sooo good now they can't charge them anything? I see a lot of D3 commits and USHL, NAHL, CCHL cuts.

Not saying it is better than Tier 2. Not saying it is better than CCHL. Saying that has been the best next option when it was $10k a year and NOW it likely will only get better. You treat it like the majority of the Premiere kids will never play college hockey. We are saying, it is a good option and LIKELY to get better.

Do keep in mind that the Mid Season/ Early Season Cuts also look for the next best league. As I am sure you are aware there is a domino effect. USHL - NAHL/BCHL - CCHL- NCDC- EHL. Now, if Jr is playing well but they sign a cut, that could be less playing time, healthy scratches, etc. Next thing you know, Home Cooked Meals

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

Not saying it is better than Tier 2. Not saying it is better than CCHL. Saying that has been the best next option when it was $10k a year and NOW it likely will only get better. You treat it like the majority of the Premiere kids will never play college hockey. We are saying, it is a good option and LIKELY to get better.

Do keep in mind that the Mid Season/ Early Season Cuts also look for the next best league. As I am sure you are aware there is a domino effect. USHL - NAHL/BCHL - CCHL- NCDC- EHL. Now, if Jr is playing well but they sign a cut, that could be less playing time, healthy scratches, etc. Next thing you know, Home Cooked Meals

In order to get better you must attract talent away from other leagues. You just said its not better than Tier 2 so the only league it is better than is EHL as it was before. So basically same league just new name and "free" because they ate screwing others. Its like the Obamacare or hockey.

Said it is good at $10k and will attract better talent at Free! Jeez are you that dim or just baiting!

anon
Said it is good at $10k and will attract better talent at Free! Jeez are you that dim or just baiting!

So you are saying people will choose it over true Tier 2 hockey because its free or are you saying it will pull from EHL talent? Your argument makes no sense.

Anon
anon

So you are saying people will choose it over true Tier 2 hockey because its free or are you saying it will pull from EHL talent? Your argument makes no sense.
Of course it makes sense. Why can't it draw from both? Higher end EHL (which took a hit, BTW, when a bunch of orgs left) and from other Tier 2 because it's local?

Unlike Mr. CCHL (not sure if that's you) I'm not having my kid drop out of HS and go live in the outskirts of Ottawa. He still has 1-2 years of Juniors after HS, if the local product is close, that's good enough at 17/18.

Anon
Anon
anon

Of course it makes sense. Why can't it draw from both? Higher end EHL (which took a hit, BTW, when a bunch of orgs left) and from other Tier 2 because it's local?

Unlike Mr. CCHL (not sure if that's you) I'm not having my kid drop out of HS and go live in the outskirts of Ottawa. He still has 1-2 years of Juniors after HS, if the local product is close, that's good enough at 17/18.

This will be no better than EHL was the last few years. Its not Tier 1 or Tier 2. Its just free. They are trying to say that local college coaches will come see games. Maybe D3 but not D1. Mr. CCHL is right. USA hockey would have sanctioned it if it thought it was worth anything. No reason not to grow USA Hockey except that they couldn't be associated with the business model.

anon
Anon
Anon
anon

This will be no better than EHL was the last few years. Its not Tier 1 or Tier 2. Its just free. They are trying to say that local college coaches will come see games. Maybe D3 but not D1. Mr. CCHL is right. USA hockey would have sanctioned it if it thought it was worth anything. No reason not to grow USA Hockey except that they couldn't be associated with the business model.
Now you're just being contrarian. Premier has been consistently and significantly above EHL.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Now you're just being contrarian. Premier has been consistently and significantly above EHL.

That's like being the tallest midget in the room

Aanon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Well, since your kid is in the pros, you won't mind sharing his name so we can look him up on HockeyDB.

It's a journey, son, with lots of stops.

Anon
Aanon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Well, since your kid is in the pros, you won't mind sharing his name so we can look him up on HockeyDB.

It's a journey, son, with lots of stops.

Wow, how much does this clown have invested in this new NCDC? Tallest midget cracked me up.

Anon
Wow, how much does this clown have invested in this new NCDC? Tallest midget cracked me up.
Zero. I know it's hard to keep track, especially for a mental midget (I assume it was just using the word "midget" that cracked you up) but MOST parents I know hope the NCDC does well so that it represents another viable option.

I'm still waiting to hear a plausible explanation for why anyone would hope the NCDC DOESN'T do well....

Anon
Anon
Zero. I know it's hard to keep track, especially for a mental midget (I assume it was just using the word "midget" that cracked you up) but MOST parents I know hope the NCDC does well so that it represents another viable option.

I'm still waiting to hear a plausible explanation for why anyone would hope the NCDC DOESN'T do well....

Its built on fuzzy math. True Tier 2 support themslelvea with sponsorship and gate. They can't do either because noone is interested because of talent it will attract. Do you disagree?

Anon
Anon
Anon

Its built on fuzzy math. True Tier 2 support themslelvea with sponsorship and gate. They can't do either because noone is interested because of talent it will attract. Do you disagree?
That's why you THINK it won't do well, what I asked is why anyone would HOPE it doesn't do well. Two different things entirely.

Do you disagree?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

That's why you THINK it won't do well, what I asked is why anyone would HOPE it doesn't do well. Two different things entirely.

Do you disagree?

I dont care if a Tier 3 league does well. At least the EHL doesn't try to be something its not.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Do you disagree?

I dont care if a Tier 3 league does well. At least the EHL doesn't try to be something its not.

Tier 1 & 2 make money because it has gate not because of the product but because of where they are located. Outside of Cow Topping not much to do.

I think it is comical how some people want them to fail. How miserable can one be that they wish a local JR league to fail?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Do you disagree?

Tier 1 & 2 make money because it has gate not because of the product but because of where they are located. Outside of Cow Topping not much to do.

I think it is comical how some people want them to fail. How miserable can one be that they wish a local JR league to fail?

You are right. Noone goes to hockey games in the northeast. They are all at football games unlike in cow country. The talent has zero to do with it. USHL is terrible hockey and now that NCDC is free they are departing in droves to play for 10 people. 8 of which are family members.

NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Do you disagree?

You are right. Noone goes to hockey games in the northeast. They are all at football games unlike in cow country. The talent has zero to do with it. USHL is terrible hockey and now that NCDC is free they are departing in droves to play for 10 people. 8 of which are family members.
Wow, now the USHL "sux" too? And people in the NE go to football games more than they do in Nebraska.

All a part of the educational benefits of the Dboards!

Anon
NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Do you disagree?

Wow, now the USHL "sux" too? And people in the NE go to football games more than they do in Nebraska.

All a part of the educational benefits of the Dboards!

Sarcasm Genius

If you want to play REAL Tier II hockey in the Northeast, you have five options: Aston Rebels, New Jersey TItans, Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton Knights, and Northeast Generals. All are better hockey and all are free.

NAHL, CCHL, and WSHL are all Tier II for a reason: a better quality of play. I think the only people defending the NCDC on here work for the league.

PG
If you want to play REAL Tier II hockey in the Northeast, you have five options: Aston Rebels, New Jersey TItans, Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton Knights, and Northeast Generals. All are better hockey and all are free.

NAHL, CCHL, and WSHL are all Tier II for a reason: a better quality of play. I think the only people defending the NCDC on here work for the league.
More evidence of the quality of thinking here. 1+1+1+1=5. And the 4-53-3 NE Generals represents good hockey.

RG just called me, he wanted me to thank all the league detractors for demonstrating the plane they're capable of thinking on. Seems it's created a groundswell of sign ups for NCDC tryouts as they're afraid of leaving school and ending up like y'all.

Anon
PG

More evidence of the quality of thinking here. 1+1+1+1=5. And the 4-53-3 NE Generals represents good hockey.

RG just called me, he wanted me to thank all the league detractors for demonstrating the plane they're capable of thinking on. Seems it's created a groundswell of sign ups for NCDC tryouts as they're afraid of leaving school and ending up like y'all.

Wait, wasn't NE Generals "free"? Look at all the talent they attracted. NCDC has tried everything and will always be Tier 3 that produces D3 players.

This whole discussion is hilarious. Wow, a few kids get D-3 deals playing in USPHL or CCHL. Who cares? All that does is get them into school--in case you're not aware of it, D-3 schools give no athletic money. So you get the honor of paying for whichever D-3 school deigns to select your little Johnny hockey player. And outside of NESCAC, most D-3 schools suck academically. [I guess that's okay with a lot of you since your kid's skipped so many days of school to play in so many meaningless tournaments that he probably doesn't have the grades or scores to get into a good school anyhow.] So send your kid to whichever of these leagues suits YOUR purpose. Its not gonna get him recruited by BU.

Anon
This whole discussion is hilarious. Wow, a few kids get D-3 deals playing in USPHL or CCHL. Who cares? All that does is get them into school--in case you're not aware of it, D-3 schools give no athletic money. So you get the honor of paying for whichever D-3 school deigns to select your little Johnny hockey player. And outside of NESCAC, most D-3 schools suck academically. [I guess that's okay with a lot of you since your kid's skipped so many days of school to play in so many meaningless tournaments that he probably doesn't have the grades or scores to get into a good school anyhow.] So send your kid to whichever of these leagues suits YOUR purpose. Its not gonna get him recruited by BU.

Have you ever seen U Lowells roster? Many CCHL recruits. Your argument makes no sense. BU is not a strong academic school.

DumA$s
Anon

Have you ever seen U Lowells roster? Many CCHL recruits. Your argument makes no sense. BU is not a strong academic school.

UMass-Lowell had 1 (!!!) player from the CCHL last season! BU is much stronger academically than just about every D-3 hockey program outside of NESCAC. Here's the list of D-3 programs in case you're interested to see which schools your kid is competing for--unless he's a complete idiot he could probably get into most of them without hockey! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_III_ice_hockey_programs

Anon
DumA$s
Anon

UMass-Lowell had 1 (!!!) player from the CCHL last season! BU is much stronger academically than just about every D-3 hockey program outside of NESCAC. Here's the list of D-3 programs in case you're interested to see which schools your kid is competing for--unless he's a complete idiot he could probably get into most of them without hockey! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_III_ice_hockey_programs

One this season dumb a$s. Many over the years. BU is one of the worst D1 schools and every NESCAC school is superior. Not to mention 5 or so other schools on that list. I would say BU is the worst academically out of all Hockey East schools. I have news for you if Jr plays in NCDC he is looking at D3.

Sux to BU
Anon
DumA$s
Anon

One this season dumb a$s. Many over the years. BU is one of the worst D1 schools and every NESCAC school is superior. Not to mention 5 or so other schools on that list. I would say BU is the worst academically out of all Hockey East schools. I have news for you if Jr plays in NCDC he is looking at D3.

In ALL of Hockey East there were 2 (!!!) players from the CCHL last year. There were many more than that from USPHL--now NCDC--there's clearly some value to staying near where the scouts are scouting. Oh, and you are delusional regarding BU's academic status--if you have some secret information that justifies your assertion I'm sure US News and World Report would love to hear it. Must be a Merrimack "grad"...

Anon
Sux to BU
Anon
DumA$s
Anon

In ALL of Hockey East there were 2 (!!!) players from the CCHL last year. There were many more than that from USPHL--now NCDC--there's clearly some value to staying near where the scouts are scouting. Oh, and you are delusional regarding BU's academic status--if you have some secret information that justifies your assertion I'm sure US News and World Report would love to hear it. Must be a Merrimack "grad"...

Merrimack being the only exception but it is a beautiful campus.

Oh yeah, you'd rather your kid go to Maine or PC than BU? Right. BC, BU and Northeastern top academically ranked schools in Hockey East.

Anon
Oh yeah, you'd rather your kid go to Maine or PC than BU? Right. BC, BU and Northeastern top academically ranked schools in Hockey East.

Providence College over BU academically any day.

PC not even considered a national university. PC admit rate 55%. BU 25%. PC SAT 1230. BU 1380. I guess being much easier to get in makes it a better school??

Oh, and 9 players on BC, BU and NE this year from USPHL. 0 from CCHL. Its not even a contest.

Anon
PC not even nationally ranked. 9 players on BC, BY and BE this year from USHL. 0 from CCHL. Its not even a contest.

Who was the last Hockey East team to win National Championship?

Thats besides the point of this discussion cuz your kid ain't getting to PC for hockey from CCHL or USPHL. Stay on point. Guy was extolling the academic virtues of PC over BU. Nice regional university with low admission standards versus national university with high admission standards. .

Anon
Thats besides the point of this discussion cuz your kid ain't getting to PC for hockey from CCHL or USPHL. Stay on point. Guy was extolling the academic virtues of PC over BU. Nice regional university with low admission standards versus national university with high admission standards. .

Extolling? Saved the big words when you are buttering up your bosses balls.

Extolling
Anon

Providence has 3 from USPHL on current roster.

Extolling dumbas$
Extolling
Anon

Providence has 3 from USPHL on current roster.

False, 2 players, once was a goalie who never saw the ice, the other was a forward who played in the old EJHL and was a 4th liner.

Extolling
Anon

It says a lot that you consider "extolling" to be a "big word". I guess PC was your reach school..

Sux to BU
Anon
DumA$s
Anon

Your comment got me thinking so I looked it up. If playing NCDC/USPHL Premier is a ticket to D3, did the 11 D1 commits on the NJ Hitmen miss the memo? What about the 12 or so on the Islanders? I'm not partial to any league, they all have their benefits and drawbacks. But you're just talking foolish and it discredits your argument.

ANON

Your comment got me thinking so I looked it up. If playing NCDC/USPHL Premier is a ticket to D3, did the 11 D1 commits on the NJ Hitmen miss the memo? What about the 12 or so on the Islanders? I'm not partial to any league, they all have their benefits and drawbacks. But you're just talking foolish and it discredits your argument.

Well, since there's virtually no CCHL players in Hockey East, I'd say you just answered the original question--free USPHL (NCDC) is clearly better than paid CCHL.

Anon
ANON

Well, since there's virtually no CCHL players in Hockey East, I'd say you just answered the original question--free USPHL (NCDC) is clearly better than paid CCHL.

Tier 3 hockey simply is not better than Tier 2. Most of the USPHL commits are U18 and that is good hockey. Besides the Masters teams USPHL is not good at all. Why do you think they change the name every 2 years? Why wouldn't USA hockey want to be affiliated with such a superior product.

Anon
Anon
ANON

Tier 3 hockey simply is not better than Tier 2. Most of the USPHL commits are U18 and that is good hockey. Besides the Masters teams USPHL is not good at all. Why do you think they change the name every 2 years? Why wouldn't USA hockey want to be affiliated with such a superior product.

The IHC Premiere and NJ HItmen are not good?

anon
Anon
Anon
ANON

The IHC Premiere and NJ HItmen are not good?

Masters started the Hitmen genius. Thanks for making my point.

Please don't tell me you just lumped the WSHL in with the NAHL and CCHL. That's laughable. Is that based on all the D1 and D3 commits the WSHL has each year?

ANON
Please don't tell me you just lumped the WSHL in with the NAHL and CCHL. That's laughable. Is that based on all the D1 and D3 commits the WSHL has each year?

The WSHL is a leading provider to club hockey

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Do you disagree?

Wtf does that mean? You are pathetic dude. Hey play in the EHL, which is good, for $10k or playin the USPHL which in recent years, is considered better, for free? Why would the free league now not attract at least a few better players than before and get slightly better if not significantly better? you are an Angry Elf

anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Haters keep on Hating!

The JR Bruins don't cut anyone. They just sent you to Elite, Empire, AAA or whatever they call that crap hockey. As long as you can write a check you get a Jr Bs jersey.

Same pig, different lipstick! Love the image.