Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: USHL Futures Camps

anon
Aanon
Anon
Not to any appreciable degree. USHL teams are at all the games in the top Midwest leagues. You might see a couple at the Flood Marr, but that's about it.

Again, your wrong, each USHL team has a New England scout, and they draft a lot of kids from this region
I gave up when the guy posted about his '04 getting e-mails. People are just making shti up. Feels like I'm back on the Kiddie Board.

You're the one who should just give it up. Received 3 separate emails from the Waterloo Blackhawks for their Futures camp 3/8, 4/22, and 5/19 each one more urgent than the previous describing how spots were filling up. Unrelated, also an invite to the NAHL Austin Bruins futures camp. Like I said, my son is not anywhere near this level yet he's receiving invites. The only one who doesn't understand is you, and that's ok because you're still holding onto that dream for your kid and that's what you're supposed to do. Just don't tell people these things are anything else other than money raising situations.

anon
Aanon
Anon
Not to any appreciable degree. USHL teams are at all the games in the top Midwest leagues. You might see a couple at the Flood Marr, but that's about it.

Again, your wrong, each USHL team has a New England scout, and they draft a lot of kids from this region
I gave up when the guy posted about his '04 getting e-mails. People are just making shti up. Feels like I'm back on the Kiddie Board.

Wait, you think you got this anonymous invite because someone thinks your kid can play??? We are all getting them, even my 04 who is decent but not ticketed to college hockey. Blue Chip probably sold my email to some USHL scout to get him to say that he will attend a Top 40 or something.

Everyone is getting this spam.

Got one from the STEEL 3 weeks ago.

Got this one from the Austin Bruins: "Want to be playing in the North American Hockey League? The Austin Bruins want to offer you an EXCLUSIVE invitation to attend our 2017 Futures Camp for prospective players and goalies born between 2002 and 2004."
Learn More
Our Invitation to You

Got this one a month ago:

Hello again future prospect of the USHL and parents,

This is our last email to remind you of our 2017 Futures Camp and Goalie Camp this upcoming summer at Young Arena in Waterloo, Iowa. The deadline to register for our camps is June 1st but they will fill up before then. If you are planning to attend, get your registrations in as quickly as possible.

UPDATES:
July 27-30 | 2002 Birth Year - 90% FULL
Only a handful of player spots remain. If you are a Forward, please sign up and take advantage of this opportunity! Defense and Goalie spots are full but we will accept waiting list requests.

August 3-6 | 2003/2004 Birth Year - 95% FULL
Only 3 forward spots remain and a handful of goalie openings. Defense spots are full but we will accept waiting list requests.

August 13-16 | Goalie Camp Only - only 1 spot remains out of 63! Register now and save the final spot before it's closed out. *If birth age appropriate, participants can register for the 2003/04 camp as a Goalie.

Register now based on your birth year using the links below.

anon

Got this one from the Austin Bruins: "Want to be playing in the North American Hockey League? The Austin Bruins want to offer you an EXCLUSIVE invitation to attend our 2017 Futures Camp for prospective players and goalies born between 2002 and 2004."
Learn More
Our Invitation to You

This is our last email to remind you of our 2017 Futures Camp and Goalie Camp this upcoming summer at Young Arena in Waterloo, Iowa. The deadline to register for our camps is June 1st but they will fill up before then. If you are planning to attend, get your registrations in as quickly as possible.

UPDATES:
Only a handful of player spots remain. If you are a Forward, please sign up and take advantage of this opportunity! Defense and Goalie spots are full but we will accept waiting list requests.

Only 3 forward spots remain and a handful of goalie openings. Defense spots are full but we will accept waiting list requests.

August 13-16 | Goalie Camp Only - only 1 spot remains out of 63! Register now and save the final spot before it's closed out. *If birth age appropriate, participants can register for the 2003/04 camp as a Goalie.

MY kid keeps getting one from Topeka Roadrunners (NAHL), and he played USHL and now Hockey East, yes spam

Aanon
anon

Learn More
Our Invitation to You

UPDATES:

MY kid keeps getting one from Topeka Roadrunners (NAHL), and he played USHL and now Hockey East, yes spam

We have gotten that same Topeka one about 15 times and they have even called son's cell phone 3 times. Annoying to say the least.

Kid in our town played D-I high school hockey two years ago and was probably the best defensemen in high school hockey locally. He skated where one of the USHL scouts works on occasion and went to their combines. Kid finished high school and went out to the midwest over the summer and attended a hockey camp put on by a couple USHL coaches. Both coaches wanted the kid as an 18 year old and said to his dad, "where has this kid been?" Funny he was skating right under a scout's nose for 2-3 years and the teams never heard of the kid. But you can fall into it if you're good and have some size.

anon
Kid in our town played D-I high school hockey two years ago and was probably the best defensemen in high school hockey locally. He skated where one of the USHL scouts works on occasion and went to their combines. Kid finished high school and went out to the midwest over the summer and attended a hockey camp put on by a couple USHL coaches. Both coaches wanted the kid as an 18 year old and said to his dad, "where has this kid been?" Funny he was skating right under a scout's nose for 2-3 years and the teams never heard of the kid. But you can fall into it if you're good and have some size.

I know this kid and I think he passed on all of it to go to college. I think someday he might regret it!

Here you go. Safe travels http://www.ushl.com/page/show/1209138-team-tryouts