Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: USPHL getting killed for this article

Anon
anon
Anon

Thats fine to show they played their at some level. Its articles like this highlighting a guy that played 14 games between teams. Its misleading at best.

That is not what it said. If you look at his playing history, you will see he played 14 games in the fall while still in High School. The following season he played a full season of u18 while at Selects. Accurate and forthcoming.

I think the article provides MORE details than necessary then being misleading! Probably because all of the flack they get.

I am not saying they do not pump their own tires but that seems to be the way everything is done these days.

No dog in this fight but outside of Elite 8 Prep and the better academic schools, no better hockey around.

Still Tier 3. No matter how you slice it. It your kid has a shot send him to Tier 1 or 2. Tell him he will be ok wihout his Mommy. Its life.
Ah, so that's why you are grabbing onto this. What's your next post, lipstick on a pig, or fresh coat of paint?

There is nothing misleading about the article. It is fact-based. It never claims the kids were drafted right out of the league.

But, you wouldn't know that because you don't allow for the fact that there's lots you don't know. Like that Selects Academy's U18 team plays in the USPHL. So, he played essentially the same number of games in the USPHL and USHL. And, certainly, his play in the USPHL helped him to get to the USHL, which allowed him to be drafted.

Which is how Junior hockey is supposed to work.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Thats fine to show they played their at some level. Its articles like this highlighting a guy that played 14 games between teams. Its misleading at best.

That is not what it said. If you look at his playing history, you will see he played 14 games in the fall while still in High School. The following season he played a full season of u18 while at Selects. Accurate and forthcoming.

I think the article provides MORE details than necessary then being misleading! Probably because all of the flack they get.

I am not saying they do not pump their own tires but that seems to be the way everything is done these days.

No dog in this fight but outside of Elite 8 Prep and the better academic schools, no better hockey around.

Still Tier 3. No matter how you slice it. It your kid has a shot send him to Tier 1 or 2. Tell him he will be ok wihout his Mommy. Its life.
Ah, so that's why you are grabbing onto this. What's your next post, lipstick on a pig, or fresh coat of paint?

There is nothing misleading about the article. It is fact-based. It never claims the kids were drafted right out of the league.

But, you wouldn't know that because you don't allow for the fact that there's lots you don't know. Like that Selects Academy's U18 team plays in the USPHL. So, he played essentially the same number of games in the USPHL and USHL. And, certainly, his play in the USPHL helped him to get to the USHL, which allowed him to be drafted.

No argument U18 is decent. Thats not Junior Hockey.

NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon

No argument U18 is decent. That's not Junior Hockey.
You know, you really need to get out more. U18 Full Season teams absolutely are part of the area USPHL teams' junior programs. The programs are not going to keep a strong 18 year old on the U18 full season team. They are going to move him up to the level where they think he can help them the most. It isn't like the full season teams are the top rung of their youth programs.

Anon
NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon

You know, you really need to get out more. U18 Full Season teams absolutely are part of the area USPHL teams' junior programs. The programs are not going to keep a strong 18 year old on the U18 full season team. They are going to move him up to the level where they think he can help them the most. It isn't like the full season teams are the top rung of their youth programs.

Wait, so now U18 is Juniors? Whats next, NCDC is tier 2? Haha.
Of course its "part" of their Junior program. Some sucker has to pay for
these Tier 3 to play "free".

Confused
Anon
NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon

You're confused? Which is it - is U18 "decent," or a fund raiser? Is it part of Juniors or "not Junior Hockey?"

Anon
Confused
Anon
NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon

You're confused? Which is it - is U18 "decent," or a fund raiser? Is it part of Juniors or "not Junior Hockey?"

Oh I am not confused. I am confused by your statements. U18 is NOT junior hockey. Its U18. They have had some decent players in the past. Now, we will see how many want to fund a Tier 3 team that even USA hockey didn't want to be affiliated with.

Anon
NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon

This hits on something I've been wondering. Sure, 19 and 20 year olds playing Elite/Empire need to read the writing on the wall - it's over, time to go off to college. But, where do the better 17 and 18 year olds play - U18 full season or Elite/Empire?

I would think Elite/Empire slots in between U18 and the new Premier. I mean conceivably those same 17/18 year olds will be on Premier and NCDC rosters, if they're good enough, or moved up as the season progresses.

anon
Anon
NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon

This hits on something I've been wondering. Sure, 19 and 20 year olds playing Elite/Empire need to read the writing on the wall - it's over, time to go off to college. But, where do the better 17 and 18 year olds play - U18 full season or Elite/Empire?

I would think Elite/Empire slots in between U18 and the new Premier. I mean conceivably those same 17/18 year olds will be on Premier and NCDC rosters, if they're good enough, or moved up as the season progresses.

Anyone will tell you U18 is 100 times better than Empire/Elite/AAA or whatever they are calling it this month.

Anon
anon
Anon
NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon

Anyone will tell you U18 is 100 times better than Empire/Elite/AAA or whatever they are calling it this month.
Thanks. Anybody else that doesn't have a 5" hardon for the USPHL have a POV?

anon
Anon
NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon

Haha. Noone moves up from Empire but they tell you it can happen! For s game or 2. I could play Empire at 48 years of age.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Exactly! Finally!!!!

anon
PG
anon
Anon
anon
Killed by who?
I thought the USPHL went pretty far to explain the connection to each athlete. Jeff Cox called the USPHL liars in a tweet, but I think that's because Jeff Cox can't read. It doesn't say they didn't get drafted right out of the league. Not sure I understand how that matters if the league was one of the stepping stones that led to their being drafted.

Agreed! Why shouldn't a league take some credit for being part of a players development? Anybody with half a clue understands that the USPHL is a nice league and a stepping stone for future D1 players. If it becomes more than that, great!

Not sure why Cox takes an issue with that?

After reading your post, the only question I have is are you Brett or Mike?

Neither. I just don't get why people rip this league so much and say it's junk. I agree it's lame to show Club as a commitment! So what just ignore it. I do.

If a kid plays for the Hitmen, Jr Bruins or another USPHL u16/u18 team and then move on to the USHL or NAHL then why should the team and league not promote that?

If a 19 year old kid commits to a D1 or a D3 team while playing in the Premiere League, why should they not promote that even if he is already moved on to a better league.

This league has an assortment of underage players who are not ready for the Mid West leagues, players who are not quite good enough for the Mid West leagues and players who were early / mid season cuts and come back east to play. It is still very good hockey!! Yes, it is mostly future D3 players but D3 College hockey is very good

It is not as good as Tier1 and most likely never will be. It is not quite as good as the NAHL but with it now being free and located in the Northeast, likely to become even stronger than it has been and POSSIBLY a viable option to the NAHL et al.

Why is this bad? Again, I am tired of seeing Club Commitments. Puhlease!! However the hockey level is decent and likely to get better. Just don't understand the Hate??

I have to laugh.

First the guy points out - "Yes, it is mostly future D3 players but D3 College hockey is very good"

And then followed by "Again, I am tired of seeing Club Commitments. Puhlease!!"

Either you don't know or you don't get it. Many Club teams could take apart many D-3 teams and that is a simple fact.

Next, look at many of a Club teams roster and you will see many kids that come to club hockey out of some respected junior programs and respected junior leagues including the USHL.

Just because many very good hockey players prefer to shift their focus to academics rather than sport, get burned out at playing at a high level or simply don't want to commit to the grind of varsity college hockey it does not make them lesser of a player.

With all of that said, I too think it's silly to post club hockey commits but let's not get caught up in this idea that the average D-3 player is anything special or the hockey is on average "very good."

Anon
anon
PG
anon
Anon
anon
Killed by who?
I thought the USPHL went pretty far to explain the connection to each athlete. Jeff Cox called the USPHL liars in a tweet, but I think that's because Jeff Cox can't read. It doesn't say they didn't get drafted right out of the league. Not sure I understand how that matters if the league was one of the stepping stones that led to their being drafted.

Agreed! Why shouldn't a league take some credit for being part of a players development? Anybody with half a clue understands that the USPHL is a nice league and a stepping stone for future D1 players. If it becomes more than that, great!

Not sure why Cox takes an issue with that?

After reading your post, the only question I have is are you Brett or Mike?

Neither. I just don't get why people rip this league so much and say it's junk. I agree it's lame to show Club as a commitment! So what just ignore it. I do.

If a kid plays for the Hitmen, Jr Bruins or another USPHL u16/u18 team and then move on to the USHL or NAHL then why should the team and league not promote that?

If a 19 year old kid commits to a D1 or a D3 team while playing in the Premiere League, why should they not promote that even if he is already moved on to a better league.

This league has an assortment of underage players who are not ready for the Mid West leagues, players who are not quite good enough for the Mid West leagues and players who were early / mid season cuts and come back east to play. It is still very good hockey!! Yes, it is mostly future D3 players but D3 College hockey is very good

It is not as good as Tier1 and most likely never will be. It is not quite as good as the NAHL but with it now being free and located in the Northeast, likely to become even stronger than it has been and POSSIBLY a viable option to the NAHL et al.

Why is this bad? Again, I am tired of seeing Club Commitments. Puhlease!! However the hockey level is decent and likely to get better. Just don't understand the Hate??

I have to laugh.

First the guy points out - "Yes, it is mostly future D3 players but D3 College hockey is very good"

Either you don't know or you don't get it. Many Club teams could take apart many D-3 teams and that is a simple fact.

Next, look at many of a Club teams roster and you will see many kids that come to club hockey out of some respected junior programs and respected junior leagues including the USHL.

Just because many very good hockey players prefer to shift their focus to academics rather than sport, get burned out at playing at a high level or simply don't want to commit to the grind of varsity college hockey it does not make them lesser of a player.

With all of that said, I too think it's silly to post club hockey commits but let's not get caught up in this idea that the average D-3 player is anything special or the hockey is on average "very good."

Which Club team does your son play for?

I have to laugh.

With all of that said, I too think it's silly to post club hockey commits but let's not get caught up in this idea that the average D-3 player is anything special or the hockey is on average "very good."[/quote]

College Hockey is unlike any other sport in that there are only 60 teams (1,300 players) at the D1 level with many from abroad. If you are not quite good enough you really can only land in D3 or Club. Some of the better club teams are very good!! With that being said, The gulf between the bottom half of D1 and Top half of D3 are not nearly as great as you might think.

UMaine loses to U18 National team which then loses the next day to UNE ( handily) . Granted it was at the end of the trip and not sure if the circumstances, but still.