High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Walpole goalie -

Anon
anon
To the Walpole hater and the Walpole doubters, was that the Walpole H.S. goalie at the Bruins Development Camp? Sure the B's were short some goalies but that's a pretty good invite. Hate on haters.

He is going to Winchendon this fall and should do very well

He'll see lots of rubber. The entire team left for junior.

Family ties. Get over yourself already.

anon
Family ties. Get over yourself already.

Don't know the kid and not from there. Just wish him well.

Be well everyone.

anon
To the Walpole hater and the Walpole doubters, was that the Walpole H.S. goalie at the Bruins Development Camp? Sure the B's were short some goalies but that's a pretty good invite. Hate on haters.

Actually, I don't think anyone hated on the goalie. All the posts I read said the goalie was the only reason they were there. Watching the games, I'd have to agree. Kid is talented. Walpole team as a whole, though, I've been told were arrogant on the ice this season. And if you look back, what's their record against actual good teams over the past 2 seasons?

Call my a hater if it makes you feel better but this is just another example of the political animal the hockey world is. This is a former Bruins legends nephew. Taking nothing away from the kid who I am sure had a great year and is good at his sport- a D2 Mass HS goalie being invited to a pro prospects camp is a joke and just takes a spot from a legit prospect that has perhaps been grinding for 5 years playing Canadian juniors, living with billets and eating tuna out of a can. This stuff starts in Mites where we call it friends and family and it never stops. You can see it in this years u17 ntdp selections, the Canadiens junior drafts and this example in the NHL.

There are kids that lose rosters spots every year to lesser talents for camps, drafts , scholarships and team selections from Mite town to Ehf u14, through midgets , juniors , college and pro due to connections/politics/ family ties, etc

For those Mite/Squirt parents just starting this long journey into the fray, it doesn't change as they get older.

Nepotism - A hockey tradition unlike any other!

I heard The Little Super Star who has been skipping by on his daddy's coat tails from sinking his public school's team, onto prep and then off to the USHL before landing a spot on the BC team was 'invited' to the St. Louis Blues development camp. Eeeesh. At least there were no teams stupid enough to burn a draft pick for him but at what point does it have to stop? Kid, you aren't very good, you are a defensive liability like you read about, you should have been made a forward 10 years ago and you're absolutely too small to be playing anything past Bantams. But thanks dad!

anon
Nepotism - A hockey tradition unlike any other!

I heard The Little Super Star who has been skipping by on his daddy's coat tails from sinking his public school's team, onto prep and then off to the USHL before landing a spot on the BC team was 'invited' to the St. Louis Blues development camp. Eeeesh. At least there were no teams stupid enough to burn a draft pick for him but at what point does it have to stop? Kid, you aren't very good, you are a defensive liability like you read about, you should have been made a forward 10 years ago and you're absolutely too small to be playing anything past Bantams. But thanks dad!

I believe this was a Walpole thread Walter. Go start a new thread.

first, Walpole is D1, not D2. Second, you are correct about the arrogance. Third, JC is very, very good. Will do a year of PG, top Juniors and get on the radar to play for a good college. Good for him.

Anon
first, Walpole is D1, not D2. Second, you are correct about the arrogance. Third, JC is very, very good. Will do a year of PG, top Juniors and get on the radar to play for a good college. Good for him.

I believe poster probably looked at their schedule and determined they are D2.
I also heard they were arrogant. Easy to be when beating up on weak teams.
JC will fare very well.