email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Discovered at PrePrep Showcase

anon
I laugh about the clamoring for prep hockey. Go for the school, not the hockey.

A defensemen on my son's public D-I team would dominate in Bantam & Midget tournaments against prep players and few even noticed. Conversely another kid on the team h.s. team who was god awful, surprised they even let him play and he moved onto prep and was on the first pairing defensively. On average it might be better but each player has their own limitations. Prep isn't all that.

So apparently, Prep is all that.

anon
I laugh about the clamoring for prep hockey. Go for the school, not the hockey.

A defensemen on my son's public D-I team would dominate in Bantam & Midget tournaments against prep players and few even noticed. Conversely another kid on the team h.s. team who was god awful, surprised they even let him play and he moved onto prep and was on the first pairing defensively. On average it might be better but each player has their own limitations. Prep isn't all that.

Not a single D1 commit in all of MIAA hockey this past season. Most higher-end Prep teams had at least one, many had several.

I'm not a Mensa Association guy but my guess is it's because the top MIAA kids either do a P.G. year at a prep or move on to a junior team. And the minute they commit the discussion from the college coaches is moving along...for all of them.