Re: Northeast Generals Wins Over/Under

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
They play 60 games and won 4 last year. Not a misprint. Thats a 6 percent winning percentage. What do you think they set the bar at? 10 wins make it a successful season?
A successful season is whether the players develop. The "naaahhhlll" is abut preparing kids for the next level, not winning or losing.

Not true. Junior hockey at that level is most definitely about winning and losing. At the very least you have to be competitive. They rostered some 50-60 players last year. So much for developing them.
First year, bringing Tier II hockey to a region where that wasn't established. You have to give them a pass for two years, minimum.

And I totally disagree that the yardstick for Tier II Junior hockey is wins and losses. It is not professional. It's developmental.

Which of the 59 players, 40 of which were cut did they develop? A pass? 6% winning percentage? You honestly have to try to be that bad. NCAA isn't professional either. Should we judge their teams by wins & losses?
Did they cut them, or did they quit? Which is fact and which is fiction?

NCAA is what these kids aspire to. It isn't an apt comparison.

Starting to realize my kid will be in high demand based on having the right priorities.

Thanks for the negativity, guys. It's inspired positivity. My kid will wave as he passes yours on the depth charts.

NE Generals guys said they cut them. Either way? They definitely didn't develop them. Is your son actually going to play for them? Right priorities? Like winning 4 games? They aren't mites anymore. Winning is ok.
He did? Really? Can you point me to where he said that they cut 40 kids? 20? 10?

Because I think it's that you don't know how to read.

Prove me wrong.

As for my kid, if he wants to play in the Naaaahhhhllll and also wants to finish up school, its a possibility on at least a par with, if not better than, some of the other local options.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
They play 60 games and won 4 last year. Not a misprint. Thats a 6 percent winning percentage. What do you think they set the bar at? 10 wins make it a successful season?
A successful season is whether the players develop. The "naaahhhlll" is abut preparing kids for the next level, not winning or losing.

Not true. Junior hockey at that level is most definitely about winning and losing. At the very least you have to be competitive. They rostered some 50-60 players last year. So much for developing them.
First year, bringing Tier II hockey to a region where that wasn't established. You have to give them a pass for two years, minimum.

And I totally disagree that the yardstick for Tier II Junior hockey is wins and losses. It is not professional. It's developmental.

Which of the 59 players, 40 of which were cut did they develop? A pass? 6% winning percentage? You honestly have to try to be that bad. NCAA isn't professional either. Should we judge their teams by wins & losses?

Starting to realize my kid will be in high demand based on having the right priorities.

Thanks for the negativity, guys. It's inspired positivity. My kid will wave as he passes yours on the depth charts.

NE Generals guys said they cut them. Either way? They definitely didn't develop them. Is your son actually going to play for them? Right priorities? Like winning 4 games? They aren't mites anymore. Winning is ok.
He did? Really? Can you point me to where he said that they cut 40 kids? 20? 10?

Prove me wrong.

As for my kid, if he wants to play in the Naaaahhhhllll and also wants to finish up school, its a possibility on at least a par with, if not better than, some of the other local options.

The NAHL isn't so Jr doesn't have to play at his high school. Lets take your theory that they quit. You want your son involved in an organization that 40 kids quit and it was free? They rostered 59 players last year so they were either cut or quit. Either way, how did they "develop " these young men? As you say its not about winning, right? That should be NE Generals motto.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Prove me wrong.

The NAHL isn't so Jr doesn't have to play at his high school. Lets take your theory that they quit. You want your son involved in an organization that 40 kids quit and it was free? They rostered 59 players last year so they were either cut or quit. Either way, how did they "develop " these young men? As you say its not about winning, right? That should be NE Generals motto.
I didn't say the NAHL was so he didn't have to play at his HS. I said so he can finish at his HS.

Tier I or II is a distinct possibility in another year, but he also goes to a strong academic prep. If a local option develops that allows him to finish HS, versus playing for Corpus Christie and finishing online or at the local high school, that's a big plus. It keeps both roads open.

I think this is the part that people putting down the Generals and the NCDC don't understand. More is better. Options are good. If Tier II gets watered down - and it should take a while for that to happen, if it does - play Tier I. If he isn't good enough, then what difference does it make? The road is ending soon.

Would I have my kid play on the Generals, or in the NCDC, INSTEAD of another, established Tier II team, this year? Nope. But selfishly, I WANT to see them success, because it could benefit my kid. And other local kids and families, each with their own reasons to want to stay local.

If it doesn't succeed in the short term, nothing lost. But wanting them to fail is, well, irrational.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Prove me wrong.

I didn't say the NAHL was so he didn't have to play at his HS. I said so he can finish at his HS.

Tier I or II is a distinct possibility in another year, but he also goes to a strong academic prep. If a local option develops that allows him to finish HS, versus playing for Corpus Christie and finishing online or at the local high school, that's a big plus. It keeps both roads open.

I think this is the part that people putting down the Generals and the NCDC don't understand. More is better. Options are good. If Tier II gets watered down - and it should take a while for that to happen, if it does - play Tier I. If he isn't good enough, then what difference does it make? The road is ending soon.

Would I have my kid play on the Generals, or in the NCDC, INSTEAD of another, established Tier II team, this year? Nope. But selfishly, I WANT to see them success, because it could benefit my kid. And other local kids and families, each with their own reasons to want to stay local.

If it doesn't succeed in the short term, nothing lost. But wanting them to fail is, well, irrational.

Does he have a commitment? If not he's not going to the USHL. Keep him in Prep School where he won't have to prove himself. Do us all a favor. Don't water down true Junior hockey with these prep school clowns with no college commitments.

Anon
Anon
Anon

Does he have a commitment? If not he's not going to the USHL. Keep him in Prep School where he won't have to prove himself. Do us all a favor. Don't water down true Junior hockey with these prep school clowns with no college commitments.
Aaaaahhhh, now we are getting somewhere. So you're a Prep hater, too? Couldn't get him in, even as an athlete?

And, if you think every player in the USHL has announced a commitment, you are just flat wrong. The whole commitment process is seriously broken. Whatever it used to mean, it doesn't now. It's an opportunity for kids to brag in social media and for parents to brag about their kids. Think I'll start selling bumper stickers, like the old "My child is an honor student."

If there isn't a 4 for 4 attached to it, it doesn't mean a thing. So, no, my kid hasn't committed yet. We, and many of the parents I know, are waiting.

This is the same two guys in every thread, right?

anon
This is the same two guys in every thread, right?
It's more than two, but yes, a lot of the same people repeating the same points.

TL will improve the team but it's still early for them. Give them a few years and then come back.

anon
TL will improve the team but it's still early for them. Give them a few years and then come back.

They will be in NCDC within 2. They are worse than bad. Anyone could improve them. 4 wins out of 60 games. Can you think of a poorer performance in Junior Hockey? It may be an all time worst.

Anon
anon

They will be in NCDC within 2. They are worse than bad. Anyone could improve them. 4 wins out of 60 games. Can you think of a poorer performance in Junior Hockey? It may be an all time worst.
You are such a freakin' loser. It isn't hard to find examples of bad years in sports. in about 15 seconds I found an article about the 3-60-3 1995/96 London Knights. Gee, are they still around? Were they an expansion franchise?

Get off their backs. Don't want your kid there? Understandable. Why bad mouth them, over and over?

Grow. Up.

Anon
Anon
anon

You are such a freakin' loser. It isn't hard to find examples of bad years in sports. in about 15 seconds I found an article about the 3-60-3 1995/96 London Knights. Gee, are they still around? Were they an expansion franchise?

Get off their backs. Don't want your kid there? Understandable. Why bad mouth them, over and over?

Grow. Up.

I am a loser. Haha. No the Generals are literally losers. To the tune of worst all time Junior team. Prove me wrong. You can't.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Thanks
Grow. Up.

I am a loser. Haha. No the Generals are literally losers. To the tune of worst all time Junior team. Prove me wrong. You can't.
I just did. Can't help you learn to read, sorry.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Thanks
Grow. Up.

Something to be proud of. Tied for worst winning percentage ever in Junior Hockey. You and your son belong with the rest of the losers and the NE Generals.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Thanks
Grow. Up.

Something to be proud of. Tied for worst winning percentage ever in Junior Hockey. You and your son belong with the rest of the losers and the NE Generals.
The Surrey Knights went 0-41-3 in 2016-17, following a 4-38-2 season.

After ending last season with a 47-game winless streak [to finish 1-49-2], Arizona Hawks owner Greg Schursky knows his team has got to turn things around [in 2017/18] to improve their standing within the Western States Hockey League (WSHL)

The regular season has mercifully come to an end for the Ochapowace Thunder of the Prairie Junior Hockey League. The Thunder lost its last game of the [2015/16] campaign, giving them an 0-40 record for a season that saw the team give up 510 goals and score only 82 times.

Suddenly, the Generals look pretty competitive!

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Thanks
Grow. Up.

After ending last season with a 47-game winless streak [to finish 1-49-2], Arizona Hawks owner Greg Schursky knows his team has got to turn things around [in 2017/18] to improve their standing within the Western States Hockey League (WSHL)

The regular season has mercifully come to an end for the Ochapowace Thunder of the Prairie Junior Hockey League. The Thunder lost its last game of the [2015/16] campaign, giving them an 0-40 record for a season that saw the team give up 510 goals and score only 82 times.

Haha they should start their own league, WIEL( Winning isn't everything League). Has a nice ring to it. All the Prep School bums can live close to home with Mommy and Daddy can tie their skates for them.

NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Thanks
Grow. Up.

Haha they should start their own league, WIEL( Winning isn't everything League). Has a nice ring to it. All the Prep School bums can live close to home with Mommy and Daddy can tie their skates for them.

Yeah, those Prep Bums who are getting a great education before the go off to Juniors or a Top Notch College. You tell em. Yell at that mean ocean!!

This NCDC Sux guy's act is getting tired
NCDC Sux
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Thanks
Grow. Up.

Yeah, those Prep Bums who are getting a great education before the go off to Juniors or a Top Notch College. You tell em. Yell at that mean ocean!!

You mean the ones that "repeat" and lose a year of competitive Junior Hockey?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon

Thanks
Grow. Up.

As a big fan of the NAHL, the Generals have to go. They didn't struggle, the ice was tilted every game.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

2 years? Tells me they will be terrible again. At least the first year they were able to recruit. This year everyone knows what an absolute joke the organization is.

Anon

A successful season would be to move to NCDC with the rest of the wanna be Tier 2 teams. They were dreadful.

Mr White. You're kid is a great kid and a very solid 6'4 d man. Had a nice career and is now off to college in Canada. Let the anger go and enjoy the ride.

Anon
Mr White. You're kid is a great kid and a very solid 6'4 d man. Had a nice career and is now off to college in Canada. Let the anger go and enjoy the ride.

College in Canada? What are you talking about? Now, I had zero issue with USPHL Premier when it was Tier 3 and affiliated with USA Hockey. They are misleading people into thinking this is Tier 2, it simply isn't. Its cheaper, thats all. Last time I checked, most hockey parents aren't hurting for $.

Anon

They honestly may not win a single game this year. Believe it or not they had one or two decent players who are now gone.

This is just a money grab feeder system from TL. My son did the combine with most of these kids as a prep school player he was better than the majority of these "generals"

The goal differential actually increased with TL and JL on the bench last year. They are only in it for the money and to give little TL a place to play down the road now his time as come to and end due to his size limitations.

The Lovell's are great guys but let's call a spade a spade. Their agenda like many other people in the hockey world is pretty clear.

The combine last week with 2 players from the Generals or the one in July with 4 Generals? Was he better than ALL 4 of them (as the 2 from this months were there last time). Was he better than the goalie who accounted for 1 of them? Your kid may have been better, what you say about the Lovell's may be true just state facts before your bizarre tangent.

Anon
The combine last week with 2 players from the Generals or the one in July with 4 Generals? Was he better than ALL 4 of them (as the 2 from this months were there last time). Was he better than the goalie who accounted for 1 of them? Your kid may have been better, what you say about the Lovell's may be true just state facts before your bizarre tangent.

I am surprised the goalie can still stand after last season! Who in gods name would play for that team as a goalie?

Anon
Anon
i

I am surprised the goalie can still stand after last season! Who in gods name would play for that team as a goalie?
Is this , like, latent frustration manifesting? Did your cardiologist tell you repressed hostility can lead to CHD?

Or are you always like this because of your small "member?"

Anon
Anon
Anon
i

Is this , like, latent frustration manifesting? Did your cardiologist tell you repressed hostility can lead to CHD?

Or are you always like this because of your small "member?"

Ask your wife