High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Best 03's all 68

Depends who you ask I guess

Are the games live streamed? I'd be interested in watching the best 68 play each other.
Mine was ranked #89 so he didn't get the invite.

The 7 kids from around here come from the same two programs and coaches that gets the same kids into other type combines to hype the program and names of the players to prep and college coaches. Same thing with the Fitzgerald special group in April at Merrimack.

Good players indeed. Just not the best we have to offer from NE. There's at least 10 others better that weren't in the club or turned down the invite

Well then I would say that those coaches are doing a great job. Isn't it what it's all about? Developing the kids and promoting them to prep schools and combines? If they are not going to advance in the game then why pay for all of this development? No reason to complain. Either have your coach or organization promote the "elite" kids, get your kid on one of those teams or get an advisor. An advisor will direct you to what needs to be done or not to be done. The advisor will tell you what is a money grab or where to go to have your kid seen.

The 03 level is just beginning the crazy journey of combines, commitments, applying to prep schools Etc. It can be confusing. My advice is to get an advisor who can help you navigate the craziness. You will get good advice and save $ by investing in the right things and not the wrong things

anon
The 7 kids from around here come from the same two programs and coaches that gets the same kids into other type combines to hype the program and names of the players to prep and college coaches. Same thing with the Fitzgerald special group in April at Merrimack.

Good players indeed. Just not the best we have to offer from NE. There's at least 10 others better that weren't in the club or turned down the invite

If someone turned down the invite they should quit playing hockey.

best 68 kids who played in one tourney sponsored by the company get selected to spend more cash. Maybe if the tourney was a good one like one of those that just took place in mass. No thanks.

To the unknown studs out there... Don't underestimate the power of the pen/advisor/invite list/etc..

anon
Not quite..

The funny thing is , the Mass kids that went might not even be the top players on their teams. Some are not even close. Easily the top 6d and top 5 or 6 F are home and not even INVITED. A complete team of Mass non invitees could easily compete / beat an ALL STAR 68 tteam. I am going to bet my money on kids 69 - 138. Hopefully this motivates them even more!!

Anon
anon
Not quite..

The funny thing is , the Mass kids that went might not even be the top players on their teams. Some are not even close. Easily the top 6d and top 5 or 6 F are home and not even INVITED. A complete team of Mass non invitees could easily compete / beat an ALL STAR 68 tteam. I am going to bet my money on kids 69 - 138. Hopefully this motivates them even more!!

sorry your kid got cut

anon
Anon
anon
Not quite..

sorry your kid got cut

Dude was so bitter.

This event is an unreal experience and is becoming a premiere event in the American hockey landscape. STX does a great job promoting, if your kid gets a look it is a big deal. Still doesn't mean he's going D-1 or pro, but he is trending up. Congrats to all who were selected.

For those that didn't... get better. Plenty of time and hockey left to improve and impress.

Just had their first 03 commit to Miami of Ohio..mine was surfing

Great for the kid that signed, wish him the best. My 03 cant decide on what sneakers to wear with his outfit never mind what college he wants to go to in 4 years..am i alone on this one?

It will probably 6 years before the kid enrolls into college. He could be an 8th grader hold back and add at least a year of juniors. Could be 7 years actually..

It's the stupidest thing going right now in hockey and the NCAA should shut it down immediately. All these so called commits are promotional vehicles for kid, the program he plays in and the school. That't it. It skews the landscape and sets unrealistic expectations for 95% of the players and families out there. Idiotic. And it's not helping development.

Oh and the kid's brother is going there and an his dad is an ex-NHL'er. Shocking..

anon
It will probably 6 years before the kid enrolls into college. He could be an 8th grader hold back and add at least a year of juniors. Could be 7 years actually..

It's the stupidest thing going right now in hockey and the NCAA should shut it down immediately. All these so called commits are promotional vehicles for kid, the program he plays in and the school. That't it. It skews the landscape and sets unrealistic expectations for 95% of the players and families out there. Idiotic. And it's not helping development.

Oh and the kid's brother is going there and an his dad is an ex-NHL'er. Shocking..

Same thing is happening with AAU baseball and AAU hoops. Times are changing, it ain't going back to what it was.

Scout/Coaches going deeper and deeper as well as younger and younger. Not right in my opinion, but its the way things are going.

Anon
anon

Same thing is happening with AAU baseball and AAU hoops. Times are changing, it ain't going back to what it was.

Scout/Coaches going deeper and deeper as well as younger and younger. Not right in my opinion, but its the way things are going.

Would be curious what % of kids from this camp last year were invited to development camp this year?

Anon
Anon
anon

Would be curious what % of kids from this camp last year were invited to development camp this year?

Don't know how many local kids went to 68 camp last year but i'm guessing maybe 4 on this years US development roster from MA did both. So that means 13 kids who were told no to a phony promotion camp last year got the better prize this year no?

8 MA kids went to STX68 last year. 7 of them went to the National camp this year.

Anon
8 MA kids went to STX68 last year. 7 of them went to the National camp this year.

Yea, but 1 of them didn't!

Wait till they start checking!

Nobody cares where they played!

Freaking politics, they left the best kids behind!

I could put together 8 kids who weren't invited to the STX that should have been, and then weren't invited to the National Camp and should have been!

just enjoy the ride. its great to get recognition. if they don't get recognized, stay positive and work on the things that will get you recognized.
the 01, 02 and 03's who made national camp the year continue to work.
some who went to STX68 went to national camp...some didn't
some who didn't go to STX68 went to national camp....some didn't
but all of them are getting better. it's a long road. Enjoy it.

Anon

Now we know why they took the St Marks dad's belt and shoelaces from him!

Anon

Now we know why they took the St Marks dad's belt and shoelaces from him!

Not necessarily commenting on this particular person, but parents that invest this much emotional capital in the process are bound to be disappointed. It shouldn't be that important to you, the parent.