The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
03 parents are crazy

Last night at practice 2 fathers created a top 50 list of 03 players in MA..I don't know the names of all the kids on my sons team and these guys named 50 from the state! Wtf is wrong with these people!
Also told me another 03 and 04 committed to college already. Huh?

Re: 03 parents are crazy

simple...they are still newbies...probably still go to tourneys and complain about the "poor" competition because their studs are so good....the next two years will be humbling to these clowns.

You have dads on here comparing the outlooks of '10 teams, based on how kids performed in Mite Development as 5 and 6 year olds and what team they are on in the upcoming season. At that rate, by the time their kids are 14 they will know which 50 moms had early menses.

The commit process is meaningless. The decommit rate is already 1 in 8, and given that it's exploded since, it will probably be 50% by the time all these pre-pubescents reach NLI Day. IMO it will be reformed soon, the NCAA has to step in and put an end to the madness.

Anon
You have dads on here comparing the outlooks of '10 teams, based on how kids performed in Mite Development as 5 and 6 year olds and what team they are on in the upcoming season. At that rate, by the time their kids are 14 they will know which 50 moms had early menses.

The commit process is meaningless. The decommit rate is already 1 in 8, and given that it's exploded since, it will probably be 50% by the time all these pre-pubescents reach NLI Day. IMO it will be reformed soon, the NCAA has to step in and put an end to the madness.

Sorry your kid didn't get a commitment.

All the commitment means is please don't take calls from other schools. We will let you know when you arrive whether not you will actually make the team