The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eighth grader and a 1/2 season team...

Season will be ending come Thanksgiving so then what? I live north of Boston so do I spend my money on skills of try to find a team for him to play on? He will pick up some games with his middle school team but no practices.

Re: Eighth grader and a 1/2 season team...

Anonymous
Season will be ending come Thanksgiving so then what? I live north of Boston so do I spend my money on skills of try to find a team for him to play on? He will pick up some games with his middle school team but no practices.

Why would you put your 8th grader on a half season team? You knew this was coming if you did. I am sure in your area there are some full season teams. What's going to happen is that some of these kids on a full season team will make their high school team and leave the full season team. Find out who these teams are and after varsity tryouts ask if they will need a player. I am sure you will find a team to play on either as an alternate or full time

Anonymous

There are almost always openings on U14 full season teams after Thanksgiving that aren't Natty bound. You might go a week or two before finding one but it won't be a problem.

anon
Anonymous

There are almost always openings on U14 full season teams after Thanksgiving that aren't Natty bound. You might go a week or two before finding one but it won't be a problem.
If you knew this was coming, why didn't you seek a full season team to begin with?

Instead of playing on a second rate team wouldn't money be better spent on skills? High School is next year!

Anonymous.
Instead of playing on a second rate team wouldn't money be better spent on skills? High School is next year!

Yeah cause kids just love 8 months of just skills Thats like saying why don't you just study French for 8 months. Kids need games and bonding with kids to make it fun and interesting

Anon
Anonymous.

Yeah cause kids just love 8 months of just skills Thats like saying why don't you just study French for 8 months. Kids need games and bonding with kids to make it fun and interesting
Sorry your kid has hockey ADD.

That guy has ADD. The original poster said he's playing middle school hockey as well. In addition to that should he do skills or join another team? That was the question.

I would say find the best skating coach around and have him learn to skate faster.

I would agree spend the money on skating and don't worry about the rest.