High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Free Candy

anon
anon
How reliable are the NCDC scoring leader statistics posted on USPHL.com. Are they fact or fiction.

They are taken from box scores / score sheets. Based on what I know of my son's team from watching the games they are on point
The stats are kept by the league, not the teams. The scorers are paid by the league, not the teams. Unlike youth hockey, winning teams aren't sending in scores. So, nobody is getting random assists after the coach gets the sheet to turn in, if that's what you're alluding to.

Anon
anon
anon
How reliable are the NCDC scoring leader statistics posted on USPHL.com. Are they fact or fiction.

They are taken from box scores / score sheets. Based on what I know of my son's team from watching the games they are on point
The stats are kept by the league, not the teams. The scorers are paid by the league, not the teams. Unlike youth hockey, winning teams aren't sending in scores. So, nobody is getting random assists after the coach gets the sheet to turn in, if that's what you're alluding to.

No. Not random. We're talking crediting "top scorers" with assists that blatantly never happened. No one present or watching video could say with a straight face such assists are anything but gratuitous.

anon
Anon
anon
anon

No. Not random. We're talking crediting "top scorers" with assists that blatantly never happened. No one present or watching video could say with a straight face such assists are anything but gratuitous.

So THIS is what bothers you about the league? Seriously?

Who needs real competition when its so much easier to just make things up. A game of make believe.

anon
Who needs real competition when its so much easier to just make things up. A game of make believe.

You want real fantasy? Last year Dexter scored 118 goals and its players had 352 points in total, or 2.98 pts per goal. LOL. Only 2 goals all year didn't have 2 assists.

anon
Anon
anon
anon

I've been to games, the scorers are recorded by the referee and announced by the play-by-play guy and announced over the PA, shown on the game sheet posted by the league and then posted to the individual player's stats.

So, what you are saying is, the refs and the scorer and the PA announcer and the league admins are all in cahoots to give points to who they deem to be the "top scorers?" Is Hockey TV in on it too, and altering the game films? Repeatedly enough that it makes a difference?

Seems like a *bit* of a reach there, without any apparent motivation.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon

I've been to games, the scorers are recorded by the referee and announced by the play-by-play guy and announced over the PA, shown on the game sheet posted by the league and then posted to the individual player's stats.

So, what you are saying is, the refs and the scorer and the PA announcer and the league admins are all in cahoots to give points to who they deem to be the "top scorers?" Is Hockey TV in on it too, and altering the game films? Repeatedly enough that it makes a difference?

Seems like a *bit* of a reach there, without any apparent motivation.

Say what you will. I call bullsh!t. The numbers themselves look phony as a three dollar bill. Take the NCDC Hitmen at 12 games into the season as per USHL.com, the official source. 45 goals scored with 86 assists credited for a total 131 points. Are you kidding! That means every single Hitmen goal of the season (but 2 unassisted) was credited with two assists. I don't see 43 of 45 goals having two assists as being a real statistic. Looks fake and a *bit* of a reach to me.

anon
anon

And who inputs/changes whats reported on the score sheets?

anon
anon
anon

And who inputs/changes whats reported on the score sheets?
Ummm, the league. Not much of a reader?