Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: JW USNTDP U18

As mentioned earlier he is out with shoulder injury. I'm sure you are disappointed in that as you most likely hoped he didn't play due to poor performance. Misery loves company!

Anon
As mentioned earlier he is out with shoulder injury. I'm sure you are disappointed in that as you most likely hoped he didn't play due to poor performance. Misery loves company!

If that was directed to me the OP, you are absolutely wrong on that. I am rooting for him all the way. Great talent! Initially, I was curious as to why he was not playing because there was no mention anywhere of him being injured. I still think he will find his groove and make it to the top.

I mentioned the initial post because as per usual the conversation went off topic. All good, we back now!

Anon
Anon

If that was directed to me the OP, you are absolutely wrong on that. I am rooting for him all the way. Great talent! Initially, I was curious as to why he was not playing because there was no mention anywhere of him being injured. I still think he will find his groove and make it to the top.

I mentioned the initial post because as per usual the conversation went off topic. All good, we back now!
Can someone point me to the Rules that define what is "off topic" and what is "on topic?" I mean, I wouldn't want to mistake this for a Discussion Board.

So get back to the topic, JW is obviously not what everyone thought he was. Kid hasn’t done anything dating back 3 years to central catholic, not a team player and was way overrated. Kid can’t take hit and never could.

anon
So get back to the topic, JW is obviously not what everyone thought he was. Kid hasn’t done anything dating back 3 years to central catholic, not a team player and was way overrated. Kid can’t take hit and never could.

He was 4th in scoring on last years u17 team and one of four kids pulled up to the u18 team. Frosh and Soph year had 86 points in 46 games playing D1 / CC hockey.

Not good enough? Not a likely 1st round pick? Ok true, but hasn't done anything?

Sounds like he gave you an autographed stick and you are hoping it is worth a few bucks one day!

anon
Sounds like he gave you an autographed stick and you are hoping it is worth a few bucks one day!

Nope. Just not sour. Glad to see somebody else's kid doing well. You should try it someday.

He's to small and doesn't like contact. I posted this last year on this board and everyone had a hissy fit. Now it's becoming more clear to people. I too hope he does well but he is clearly trending in the wrong direction. In the end the only player of the super 3 that will make it in the show is OW, he does it every time. TW AND JW not so much.

His shoulder injury was pretty severe, so it probably bothered him last year. He still played well, despite injury.
He will be fine when he's healthy.

Thayer kid is a late 1999, so he's only about 2 months older. Didn't get the same hype through youth hockey as JW, but he was always a great player.

OW is the top prospect.

Always has been. I was surprised he was entertaining college commitment, figured he would go right to Q and then pro by 20.

For the guys bashing these kids, what has your kid done? These kids have sacrificed their teen years to get to where they are and all you can do is bash them. Your losers.

Anon
For the guys bashing these kids, what has your kid done? These kids have sacrificed their teen years to get to where they are and all you can do is bash them. Your losers.
No one was bashing "the next one"!

anon
Always has been. I was surprised he was entertaining college commitment, figured he would go right to Q and then pro by 20.
Then you haven't been playing along. OW's dad has pimped the kid out for years. Had his kid commit to his alma mater as a 7th grader, youngest NCAA kid in any sport at the time, for the pub.

I'm really happy for him that he is thriving, now that Dad is in the background.

Maybe dad could have a little discussion with Tom and Gigi on ah... ‘nutrition.’ Word is they have HGH in candy dishes around the house.

Anon
Maybe dad could have a little discussion with Tom and Gigi on ah... ‘nutrition.’ Word is they have HGH in candy dishes around the house.
Word also is you are mildly retarded....

Anon
Anon
Word also is you are mildly retarded....
As well as redundant. He posted the same thing 10 days ago.

Re: BA & Maine
They have ways now to 'further your kid's development' if you know what I mean. Let's just say Tommy & Giselle have candy dishes full of the stuff around their house....

Maybe it's posted by two different people and it's because it's becoming common knowledge. I'll have to stop by and take a look myself.

anon
Maybe it's posted by two different people and it's because it's becoming common knowledge. I'll have to stop by and take a look myself.

Maybe your just a disgruntled old fart that is mad his bender’s last days of hockey were at CC