email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 95 Giants Full Season

Anon
No u16 team right now, only 18 and 15. I know someone on the team. They share in the frustration of communication as previous poster but are very happy with the coaching, amount of ice and number of games. I also know folks play for the Kings USPHL. Terrible coaching, not as good of a league, and 3:30 PM practices. On travel weeks they only practice twice. That is a lot of money for not much ice.
...And Lovell just had to hold free second half tryouts for the U14 Full team.

Since the SSK don't have a separate U15 pure team, your "friend's" kid has to be U18. My kid has played for both RL and DOD on summer tournament teams. If you think RL is even in the same time zone, then you don't know much about coaching or judging human character. I wouldn't entrust my kid to RL for a second, and DOD is a stand-up, well respected coach, and person.

As far as league goes, well, since the "league" the Giants play in has included all of seven games, and the Kings play in the USPHL, I'd say that also doesn't flatter your hockey knowledge.

A quick look at the 95 Giants website tells me that their practices are T, W and F at 4:30. That means that when/if they travel they "only" have two practices, too. Soooo, for an hour's difference in start time you're going to praise an organization you don't have a kid in?

I think you're a liar about your knowing "someone on the team." I KNOW you're an idiot.

You clearly an idiot if you would go by a Lovell website. Same issue at Advantage last year for 15’s and 16’s. Week to week schedule changes, poor communication. If you are looking for strong administrators they are not the program for you. If you’re looking for four hours of practice ice each week and a crapload of games each year then they’re a good fit. Per MHR both 15th and 18th have played close to 50 games already. Kings have kids that didn’t make Giants and probably the other way around as well. And leagues mean nothing. USPHL has some power houses and some dreadful teams. Even split. Per MHR both giants teams have beaten USPHL teams this year.

I don’t know him personally however sorry this RL guy cut your kid.

Anon
You clearly an idiot if you would go by a Lovell website. Same issue at Advantage last year for 15’s and 16’s. Week to week schedule changes, poor communication. If you are looking for strong administrators they are not the program for you. If you’re looking for four hours of practice ice each week and a crapload of games each year then they’re a good fit. Per MHR both 15th and 18th have played close to 50 games already. Kings have kids that didn’t make Giants and probably the other way around as well. And leagues mean nothing. USPHL has some power houses and some dreadful teams. Even split. Per MHR both giants teams have beaten USPHL teams this year.

I don’t know him personally however sorry this RL guy cut your kid.
Well, you can consider me an idiot if you'd like, doesn't bother me because I don't respect your opinions, which are clearly characterized by some type of bias even though you claim to have no personal experience (yet, you seem to know an awful lot about the team).

But I do know that 25+11 isn't anywhere close to 50.

Even without a calculator.