email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: High school coaches - a real question

Anon
Myhockeyrankings is for squirt parents with delusions of grandeur, but I’m sure the owners of these youth hockey programs in the area will be ecstatic to know that there are enough parents of high school age kids that still believe in fairytales. It still doesn’t change the fact that full season programs in this area draw little to no discernible talent away from the high school and Prep ranks in New England. Yes, some of the full season U16/U18 teams around different parts of the country are the real deal, but those programs are situated in areas with no real high school/prep hockey framework to fall back on. New England full season teams are still littered with kids that couldn’t crack the lineups of their hometown squads and backfilled with marginally talented kids of malcontented parents from this area. Now if the USPHL/NCDC were to ever gat a clue...and get back in the good graces of USA hockey...and starts targeting the top national younger Jr level talent...and becomes a tuition free feeder league to the USHL...Nah, will never happen. Too much money to be made fleecing parents who still believe Myhockeyrankings is a thing. Good luck with that U18 thing though.
I could give a rats a$$ about rankungs. Look at head to head games. FS is a great iption to prep school.

Have fun at the local drinking hole Slappy

Why can’t people just choose their own path and shut up about it? I’m sure you don’t care what my son does and I’m sure I don’t care what your son does. If you take the drama out of it the experience can be much more enjoyable for evertone involved. No?

Anon
Why can’t people just choose their own path and shut up about it? I’m sure you don’t care what my son does and I’m sure I don’t care what your son does. If you take the drama out of it the experience can be much more enjoyable for evertone involved. No?
Because MOST people on the Boards won't shut up abut the choices other people make. The anonymity of the keyboard makes everyone an expert.