High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: We're Number 9!

Really....jealous much...

Winning any tournament from Mites to the Stanley Cup is worth celebration. Funny too how the lower bracket winners almost always get into the top 5 in the end of the season polls so it really isn't always #9.

anon
Winning any tournament from Mites to the Stanley Cup is worth celebration. Funny too how the lower bracket winners almost always get into the top 5 in the end of the season polls so it really isn't always #9.
Yeah, those summer youth tournaments at NESC where the 5th through 8th teams duke it out for the "Silver" bracket (essential to get teams their 4th guaranteed game) were pretty meaningful. My son still cherishes those plastic medals.

I think it's just an overzealous faculty r staff member that loves tweeting. I follow a bunch of prep schools, this being one of them, and it was over a dozen tweets. Just seemed over the top.

Then again, KUA, which won the Elite 8, didn't have any. Ignoring social media doesn't do the program any good.

Anon
anon
Winning any tournament from Mites to the Stanley Cup is worth celebration. Funny too how the lower bracket winners almost always get into the top 5 in the end of the season polls so it really isn\'t always #9.
Yeah, those summer youth tournaments at NESC where the 5th through 8th teams duke it out for the "Silver" bracket (essential to get teams their 4th guaranteed game) were pretty meaningful. My son still cherishes those plastic medals.

I think it's just an overzealous faculty r staff member that loves tweeting. I follow a bunch of prep schools, this being one of them, and it was over a dozen tweets. Just seemed over the top.

Then again, KUA, which won the Elite 8, didn't have any. Ignoring social media doesn't do the program any good.
KUA is a factory, doesn't need a tweet to let people know how strong they are. ..people just know!

anon
Anon
anon
Winning any tournament from Mites to the Stanley Cup is worth celebration. Funny too how the lower bracket winners almost always get into the top 5 in the end of the season polls so it really isn\\\'t always #9.
Yeah, those summer youth tournaments at NESC where the 5th through 8th teams duke it out for the \"Silver\" bracket (essential to get teams their 4th guaranteed game) were pretty meaningful. My son still cherishes those plastic medals.

I think it\'s just an overzealous faculty r staff member that loves tweeting. I follow a bunch of prep schools, this being one of them, and it was over a dozen tweets. Just seemed over the top.

Then again, KUA, which won the Elite 8, didn\'t have any. Ignoring social media doesn\'t do the program any good.
KUA is a factory, doesn't need a tweet to let people know how strong they are. ..people just know!
KUA is a hockey school and thats about it. They have 6 canadians, kid from Finland, kid from Czech, two from Alaska...they should win. Salisbury are older kids who are doing PG years... I am more impressed with schools like Rivers, Thayer and St. Sebs who are the only schools that dont have boarding and have to rely on all local kids and can still compete with the best.

KUA/Rivers semifinal game on Saturday had fantastic pace, skill and had great atmosphere plus a ton of scouts. Good to see local kids, including KUA players, able to compete at such a high level.

Anon
KUA/Rivers semifinal game on Saturday had fantastic pace, skill and had great atmosphere plus a ton of scouts. Good to see local kids, including KUA players, able to compete at such a high level.
Thayer/Sebs game was great as well. Packed house 5 deep! Dexter/Milton was fantastic hockey as well. Its great to have such fantastic hockey around still!

Anon
Really....jealous much...
Umm, no, felt the same was about a college hoops team winning the NIT. Does that even exist any more?