email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 02/03 Prospects group

Anon
The hard reality is that those of you 02/03 parents that are still lurking on this board and bashing anything and everything have zero clue about what to do next.... with your kid.... who is probably vaping or posting smutty pictures on his $700 phone in the locker room, most likely because you haven’t done YOUR job .... because you were too busy on this board. And what’s next for you??? Your boy has hung em up and likes many bad things prep and college admissions folks definitely do not. More than the hockey YOU have gone all in on! They can see that clearly on both his social media and yours for that matter. What will YOU do with the rest of your days??? Keep bashing on this board? Boozing at your local? Lacing em up in a beer league while still doing both? GET A CLUE PARENTS .... before it’s too late for your kid!

Now to those really looking for answers. Most SKILLS sessions are worth it if they would like to continue playing in prep/high school or college. Maybe your son gets a look while at one of these events. Maybe he doesn’t. Reality.... both do not matter at all unless he leaves that rink chooses NOT to engage in what has been described above and gets GOOD GRADES ..... IN SCHOOL!! & has CHARACTER!!

Good luck to all!
Yep, you are SOOOOO superior to everyone else. Surprised you aren't living like a hermit somewhere so the human race doesn't disappoint you.

I think we may have just found our first guilty poster. Now do yourself and your kid a favor and go find that JUUL under his mattress and ask him to show you his last report card. After you get home from drinking in the lot with that litltle person at the shamrock tournament!

anon
I think we may have just found our first guilty poster. Now do yourself and your kid a favor and go find that JUUL under his mattress and ask him to show you his last report card. After you get home from drinking in the lot with that litltle person at the shamrock tournament!
Calling a condescending ******* a condescending ******* means my kid is a bad kid?

Wow, thanks for letting me know how the world works.

Maybe his approach is wrong, but he has a point. If your kid is reaching HS age and his future is HS hockey and nothing further, time to forget about jealousy and regroup. Reset your expectations, keep him working on his game to be the best he can be, and make sure he's lining himself up for a successful future. And stop posting negative crap on this board, it's not healthy and won't get your kid where you want him to be. Enjoy those last few years of watching him play.

Did we ever get an answer though? Are any of these kids playing Prep?

I know of a few that are playing prep that my son has skated with at these events. Maybe I am wrong but have never seen lower cost events that offer as much as they do, and deliver. If the coaches are there and the ice is there and kids don't go prep, I don't see how that is their fault. No one can promise you will go, and if they do, I would really be worried. My son attended and is going next year. He earned it. Would he have done it without their help, maybe, probably yes. In the end we go and will continue to go because there are enough places out there that will charge 2 and 3 hundred, for less ice, and less offerings. This is a group that at least appears to have its heart in the right place.

I agree with above, good product, good level of competition at a great price. My son has been involved on and off since it was called super skills and now plays for a prep. Did it help him get to prep? No, but it was a good experience and well worth the minimal cost.