High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Its Finally Over

Anon
anon
My son called me today, told me he doesn\'t want to play FS hockey this upcoming year. He wants to play HS hockey with his friends. I was sad at first but now realize I\'m gonna be RICH! We are gonna be freaking RICH! Vacation, Golf, Cars! Go DIII MA Hockey!
LOL. Saving a few grand makes you "rich"???
Saving about 9k plus all that time! Yes, Rich or at least happy

So the real story is “the coach called me today and said HS Hockey would be a better fit for Barry Bender”. Sorry your kid got cut.

Anon
So the real story is “the coach called me today and said HS Hockey would be a better fit for Barry Bender”. Sorry your kid got cut.
Actually the HS coach is a neighbor and will be making my kid captain next yeaer. Its a win-win!

anon
Anon
Actually the HS coach is a neighbor and will be making my kid captain next yeaer. Its a win-win!
Couple of Slackjaws.....:joy: :joy:

Simply pathetic. Kid makes a decision - awesome. you, Dad, are sad, really, wtf. You should be happy he figured it out on his own. Mature and level headed. Great kid.

Others responding, beyond pathetic. Kid makes a choice that is based on happiness and fun and you all diss him? Bunch of dboard dbags in my opinion. I have a bender and a D1 commit. Let your kids be kids and stop living vicariously through them. Both my kids will be bear league buddies in the end. I have no problem with that.

Anon
Simply pathetic. Kid makes a decision - awesome. you, Dad, are sad, really, wtf. You should be happy he figured it out on his own. Mature and level headed. Great kid.

Others responding, beyond pathetic. Kid makes a choice that is based on happiness and fun and you all diss him? Bunch of dboard dbags in my opinion. I have a bender and a D1 commit. Let your kids be kids and stop living vicariously through them. Both my kids will be bear league buddies in the end. I have no problem with that.
Geez,lighten up, Francis.

Anon

You have a D1 player and your on the Dboard at 10:30 at night? You also have a great sense for the use of punctuation. Proud of you little buddy!
I think the guy should be excited about all of it..the fact that his kid made a choice and the fact that he saves a bunch of money, hes right, its a win win.

anon
Anon

You have a D1 player and your on the Dboard at 10:30 at night? You also have a great sense for the use of punctuation. Proud of you little buddy!
I think the guy should be excited about all of it..the fact that his kid made a choice and the fact that he saves a bunch of money, hes right, its a win win.
Another Francis.

Clue: the whole thread was intended to be humorous. Anyone that thinks is is a topic for serious discussion of either hockey or socioeconomics needs therapy.

Anon

Is that "bear" league based out of P-Town?

Anon
Anon

Is that "bear" league based out of P-Town?
No, that's the "bare" league.

Again, sorry your kid got cut and butt hurt by a guy in P-Town

Anon
Again, sorry your kid got cut and butt hurt by a guy in P-Town
What’s your obsession with being butt hurt? We are worried about you.

You're livin my dream dude. Congrats

Guys, you have to try to get your kids to play for their high school. It's amazing, our family has no unneeded stress about this crazy game, kids are happier, my wife and I are happy and I can say NO to all the teams asking to play in summer tournaments and worthless week long skates, sure we will grab an hour of ice here and then there but OMG this is great! Join us and put an end to FOMO with ice hockey!! You don't realize how nice it is to save roughly $1,000.00 month until you have the extra $1,000.00 a month.

anon
Guys, you have to try to get your kids to play for their high school. It's amazing, our family has no unneeded stress about this crazy game, kids are happier, my wife and I are happy and I can say NO to all the teams asking to play in summer tournaments and worthless week long skates, sure we will grab an hour of ice here and then there but OMG this is great! Join us and put an end to FOMO with ice hockey!! You don't realize how nice it is to save roughly $1,000.00 month until you have the extra $1,000.00 a month.
Guys, you have to try to get your kids to drop out of high school. It's amazing, our family has no unneeded stress about grades or homework, kids are happier, my wife and I are happy and I can say NO to all the colleges asking to visit their schools and worthless degrees, sure we have him put down the game controller and leave the basement here and there but OMG this is great! Join us and put an end to FOMO with college education!! You don't realize how nice it is to save roughly $4,000.00 month until you have the extra $4,000.00 a month.

anon
anon
Guys, you have to try to get your kids to play for their high school. It\'s amazing, our family has no unneeded stress about this crazy game, kids are happier, my wife and I are happy and I can say NO to all the teams asking to play in summer tournaments and worthless week long skates, sure we will grab an hour of ice here and then there but OMG this is great! Join us and put an end to FOMO with ice hockey!! You don\'t realize how nice it is to save roughly \$1,000.00 month until you have the extra \$1,000.00 a month.
Guys, you have to try to get your kids to drop out of high school. It's amazing, our family has no unneeded stress about grades or homework, kids are happier, my wife and I are happy and I can say NO to all the colleges asking to visit their schools and worthless degrees, sure we have him put down the game controller and leave the basement here and there but OMG this is great! Join us and put an end to FOMO with college education!! You don't realize how nice it is to save roughly $4,000.00 month until you have the extra $4,000.00 a month.
So you equate Education to Full Season Hockey? You are what’s wrong with Hockey parents today. Get a clue.

Anon
anon
anon
Guys, you have to try to get your kids to play for their high school. It\\\'s amazing, our family has no unneeded stress about this crazy game, kids are happier, my wife and I are happy and I can say NO to all the teams asking to play in summer tournaments and worthless week long skates, sure we will grab an hour of ice here and then there but OMG this is great! Join us and put an end to FOMO with ice hockey!! You don\\\'t realize how nice it is to save roughly \\\$1,000.00 month until you have the extra \\\$1,000.00 a month.
Guys, you have to try to get your kids to drop out of high school. It\'s amazing, our family has no unneeded stress about grades or homework, kids are happier, my wife and I are happy and I can say NO to all the colleges asking to visit their schools and worthless degrees, sure we have him put down the game controller and leave the basement here and there but OMG this is great! Join us and put an end to FOMO with college education!! You don\'t realize how nice it is to save roughly \$4,000.00 month until you have the extra \$4,000.00 a month.
So you equate Education to Full Season Hockey? You are what’s wrong with Hockey parents today. Get a clue.
1. It was a joke. Lighten up, Francis. Spring is finally here.

2. I equate wanting to play something above MIAA hockey as seeking to get to the highest level possible at whatever you do. Settling for being mediocre IS sort of the same. Especially if it's so the parents are happy.

If it makes you feel better to substitute Bunker Hill Community College for dropping out, go for it! It's all about you.