email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: USPHL

anon
Let's get real here, boys it's time to pack your bags and move west. If it's D-3 hockey the kid is aiming to play then stay local and spend the $ for two years of marginal juniors for marginal D-3 hockey and then be done with it. The kids able to make a D-1 roster will be welcomed on to good teams in good leagues. . . elsewhere. So have the stones to throw the kid out to one of the Canadian leagues or see if he can slide onto a NAHL or USHL team and if he can't make it then he is most likely a D-3 player at best and just stay local and write the checks.

Sooooo....what's wrong with playing D-III hockey?

Sad that people consider their kids chattel. **** their education and upbringing. Send them off to live in someone's basement at 16. Online school is the wave of the future. I want a ******* discount on tuition at Bemidji State, dammit!

Hardly any of the top 40 and final selections USPHL. Other leagues or prep. Other poster accurate. Kings, Bandits and Cyclones all lower division. Huge waste of money. Terrible coaching, no connections and only in it for the money finally catching up with them. Shame. Kings and Bandits used to be good at older levels.

The league has basically become Islanders and junior Bruins. Good luck.

Did I read the website right that there is now 3 levels at u16? Upper, lower and Futures? What does that even mean? People are going to pay Double the money for EHF White or Silver?

Anon
Did I read the website right that there is now 3 levels at u16? Upper, lower and Futures? What does that even mean? People are going to pay Double the money for EHF White or Silver?

Sure, why not? If people are willing to write a check, why not provide a second level full season U16 team for them to play in? Solid business principle. Capture as much of the market as possible.

But, to be fair, some of those in the target market are already writing a full season-size checks, but to lesser orgs.

Islanders sent out an email yesterday. Looking for players and spots open at "all levels". I think people are starting to realize that this league is a joke and the better players are staying away.

Anon
Islanders sent out an email yesterday. Looking for players and spots open at "all levels". I think people are starting to realize that this league is a joke and the better players are staying away.
They've always done this. Contrary to the opinions of some, USPHL Midgets and Juniors are a business. Very strict rostering requirements. Contracts mean something, and the league enforces the rules. Lots of players that don't know until after warm-ups whether they will dress for the game.

If they can find a kid that is better than a kid they have, they will always have an opening.

Anon
Anon
Islanders sent out an email yesterday. Looking for players and spots open at \\\"all levels\\\". I think people are starting to realize that this league is a joke and the better players are staying away.
They\'ve always done this. Contrary to the opinions of some, USPHL Midgets and Juniors are a business. Very strict rostering requirements. Contracts mean something, and the league enforces the rules. Lots of players that don\'t know until after warm-ups whether they will dress for the game.

If they can find a kid that is better than a kid they have, they will always have an opening.
Well if the USPHL Junior Div isn't USA hockey sanctioned, the contract means squat, kid can leave for a USA Hockey sanctioned junior league without any issues

Weird. I thought the USPHL was the cat’s meow?

My kid playing for an ECEL and T1EL team and they are full? I’m surprised. I thought the USPHL was “the best”...ha ha

Anon

Not seeing this anywhere on their website. Provide link to where you saw this or fake news.

anon
Anon

Not seeing this anywhere on their website. Provide link to where you saw this or fake news.
Not the poster you're responding to, but they did announce it. Probably under News somewhere.

It's OK to take people at their word sometimes.

Interesting. Will they have a parity round to decide divisions?

No. They may shift throughout the season however the league and the individual organizations decided where they go. They look at the records and then plead their case for upper or if the program know they will be weak they opt for lower on their own.

Upper: Islanders, Hitmen, Jr Bruins, Cyclones, PAL, Monarchs, CP Dynamo, Pics. Skipjacks

Lower: Bandits, Syracuse, Kings, Jr Rangers, Whalers, Rockets, Patriots, NH Monarchs, Jr Blades

Any team with 03 Pure (u15’s) or is an organization’s 2nd team will be Futures.

Hope this helps.

Sounds about right. I did hear from a credible source that both Kings and Bandits u16 and u18 teams both blew up and are folding as the coaches left as well. Was surprised at the news of the Kings, not so much with the Bandits. They have been a joke for a long time.

Always rumorville about teams and will they be good or not but when coaches bail that’s usually the truth behind what’s really happening.

IF that is the case, when do I get my refund?

Bandits NCDC asst coach taking over u16 team. Previous coach moved into a management type position with organization. All seems quiet with the Kings, don't know if that's good or bad.

Hearing there is going to be a U15 division that is NOT the U16 Futures? true or Bullsh?

Why such turn over in the kingdom? Used to be good org.

Harlow left so no hockey people left there anymore. Terrible daddy coaches at youth level, bad upper level coaches that are not well connected. Every year for the last 3+ years gets worse and worse. RT all about the $$ now. Rumor is he’s looking to sell program and facility.

Anon
Harlow left so no hockey people left there anymore. Terrible daddy coaches at youth level, bad upper level coaches that are not well connected. Every year for the last 3+ years gets worse and worse. RT all about the $$ now. Rumor is he’s looking to sell program and facility.
Gurskis and O'Donnell are good men, straight shooters. Hard to find these days.

And aren't the U14s among the area's best?

U14 SSK’s will be even stronger this fall with player adds and have good coaching. That team certainly the best of the older team at SSK. Will be very competitive with Rats to win states.

Anon
99% of youth hockey is about the money and daddy coaches.

Has anyone on this thread heard of a U15 division? Cant get a good answer anywhere!:anguished:

They have a U16 Futures division. That's mostly 14/15 year olds, with some 15/16 year olds thrown in.

AFAIK, the only reason teams have a U15 division is if it's pure and planning to compete for Nationals.

anon
Has anyone on this thread heard of a U15 division? Cant get a good answer anywhere!:anguished:
Yes, PHL has a U15 division (half season I believe) and also the EJEPL has a U15 division. Probably others as well.

E9 Showcase best local option. Nationally, very good. PHL awful. EJ hit or miss. It’s new so will get better. U18 going away next year. Will be u17 and u19.

My kid played u16 this past year. Pulled him for next year. Not good. No exposure iand week competition. Joke.

Anon
My kid played u16 this past year. Pulled him for next year. Not good. No exposure iand week competition. Joke.
To play where? What local U16 team/league is getting is better competition and exposure?

T1EHL is better. No doubt. I wouldn't suggest otherwise. But, the local products are just "OK."

The top Prep teams over-recruit. Hard to get exposure when your kid's getting two shifts a game.

Nobody scouts second tier Prep or MIAA.

Anything else he has to billet.

USPHL fills a niche. Not perfect. Good enough to help your kid develop, though.

Can’t beat any of the BA FS programs. Tons of practice ice, games and development against very good competition, not the local misfit USPHL thrown together junk (Junior Bruins are good) however travel is a lot. My oldest played on one of his teams a few years ago and he thought it was the best hockey experience of his life.

Anon
Can’t beat any of the BA FS programs. Tons of practice ice, games and development against very good competition, not the local misfit USPHL thrown together junk (Junior Bruins are good) however travel is a lot. My oldest played on one of his teams a few years ago and he thought it was the best hockey experience of his life.
My oldest did, too. And in the USPHL. Developed more in the USPHL. More practice ice, better coaching, better ownership, better communication (BA is awful).

Already said competition and exposure are better in T1EHL. But at U16 it's about development. If they develop, the rest is more likely to follow.

Anon
If you are saying that BA FS teams are superior to the usphl and other full season teams I have to disagree. The record against local FS and as teams is spotty, even against the 2nd tier FS teams. Not saying BA is not good hockey but definitely not a high end tier 1 team

Anon
Anon
If you are saying that BA FS teams are superior to the usphl and other full season teams I have to disagree. The record against local FS and as teams is spotty, even against the 2nd tier FS teams. Not saying BA is not good hockey but definitely not a high end tier 1 team
No, but the league is terrific. Great competition, great exposure, and fun to watch.

But, the local product isn't great (BA or NHJM), so the exposure suffers. Couple of no brainers on last year's BA U15 tapped in the USHL draft, not so much at the U16 / U18 level. That should be the expectation if kid is playing in the T1EHL. It is for the rest of the league.

Think there was one BA kid drafted in the NAHL last week from the U18s, but that was by the Generals, so it doesn't count. Team has become TL's way of enticing families to stay in the program. Kid probably was looking around at other options.

So that is yet another reason BA programs are better. Feeder to a real junior league! Kids from last year’s Advantage and Giants u18’s teams playing for Generals next year. And don’t talk to me about NCDC. It’s tier 3hockey at best. Sorry your kid cannot make one of Lovell‘s full season teams. Good luck at the Kings or Bandits!

Anon
So that is yet another reason BA programs are better. Feeder to a real junior league! Kids from last year’s Advantage and Giants u18’s teams playing for Generals next year. And don’t talk to me about NCDC. It’s tier 3hockey at best. Sorry your kid cannot make one of Lovell‘s full season teams. Good luck at the Kings or Bandits!
SOME of the BA kids play for the Generals. TL has always played favorites. That actually makes BA a worse experience than other alternatives.

If your kid can play NAHL isn't THAT tough.

Sorry your kid is not good enough. And you saying the NAHL isn’t hard to make shows your ignorance.

And you saying you can read shows your ignorance.

Anon
Sorry your kid is not good enough. And you saying the NAHL isn’t hard to make shows your ignorance.
Not good enough for what? TL? BTDT. Said that already. T1EHL is terrific.

As far as the difficulty making an NAHL team, maybe it just means that my kid IS "good enough."

Best thing is to be on the front end of the wave and watch the trends. Game is expanding, improving and growing, some leagues like USPHL are not, this the consistent quality drop. If you are not playing more teams from outside the area by u16 you likely are not playing the beat competition. Take the Kings for example. Still trying to fill out their USPHL rosters at 16/18 for next year. No outside area recruits. Teams half filled with local HS cuts. Continues to get worse.

What you will find over the next few years is the rise of NAHL and decline of NCDC. After only 1 year, it’s already declining. No real D1 commits playing next year and NAHL shifting east with another team relocating to Baltimore area. Premier and elite is just really BAD hockey, on par or worse than the east region of NA3HL.

NCDC would be great for top 01’s and 02’s, maybe even a few late bloomer 00’s with promise, but it’s essentially started and continuing to turn into the older wasteland of age outs.

Primary reason? You simply can’t have the ownership structure that is in place now. One rich guy who owns a program owning a league? Conflict of interests and no objectivity detracts quality. Throw in tiering? Just exposes it for what it is...a money maker. Fed going through same issue. The fact that Caps, Bandits, Breakers, Terriers and Huskies stay in the league is a joke.

League leaning and consolidation across the board would help the cause at both youth and Jr levels.

Like them or not, and they do have their problems, but Lovell ahead of the curve on this one. BA and now 95 Giants in TIEHL next year and Giants focus per Twitter bringing in billets to grow their 16/18s and serve as a feeder to NAHL. Great options for local talents to play with outside area kids to develop and get the Midwest exposure. ECEL also growing so if you don’t think that is a threat your living in the past. CP Dynamo, Skipjacks and a few others rumored to be bailing on USPHL for ECEL. Just a matter of time before others turn their back on RG. Only so much comit’s to Becker and Ana Marie can help you.

Anon
E9 Showcase best local option. Nationally, very good. PHL awful. EJ hit or miss. It’s new so will get better. U18 going away next year. Will be u17 and u19.
dont listen to this idiot U15PHL one of the strongest leagues out there for this age level.

Whatever Militia or Outlaws guy. Sorry your kid can’t make a real team.

You are all Hockey amateurs. This partly a response to the NAHL adding 2 teams and talking any good NCDC player.

Nothing is changing. Local USPHL FS 16’s and 18s already have played in the Mass Select for the last 2 seasons, which has become a joke now that the e9 Showcase League started and the top programs left.

How does this help the Junior level? It doesn’t. USHL and NAHL both still best and NAHL (true Tier 2 unlike NCDC) adding teams and expanding

Nothing changes at youth level as Elite will stay Elite with the few outside area High Performance Youth (insert laughter here) teams getting sucked into the T1 Black (which is actually Tier 2 registered teams) parity round. CP Dynamo played in Fed a few years ago, they got the boot because no one wanted to take their Squirt teams there. So deja vu here.

For the person who thinks the youth or U16/18 level will rival T1EHL? Wow. You haven’t spent much time outside the 495 belt for hockey have you? The T1EHL and HPHL laugh at the EHF let alone the 2nd level Tier 2 teams or the youth part of the USPHL. They won’t even play them let alone merge. Little Caesars stays Indy for that very reason. Go talk the Mission, Grizzlies, Belle, Compuware....they love their true elite world and won’t let anyone tarnish it with RG like greed, which is good.

The only play the USPHL has is the Midwest Tier 2 youth leagues or the AYHL which is aligned with T1EHL at older level and soon to be with the ECEL as that expands for older and e9 at younger. Look for that next as already in the works.

So congrats, the USPHL announced basically nothing other than Tier 2 youth growth (welcome Maine Moose!). Oh yeah, and CP Dynamo, Skipjacks and SKS leaving because the competition stinks.

All a PR stunt and a way to increase quantity, not quality. Both EHF and USPHL both dying a slow and steady death with quality dripping every year.

Go Bandits and TG!

Anon
You are all Hockey amateurs. This partly a response to the NAHL adding 2 teams and talking any good NCDC player.

Nothing is changing. Local USPHL FS 16’s and 18s already have played in the Mass Select for the last 2 seasons, which has become a joke now that the e9 Showcase League started and the top programs left.

How does this help the Junior level? It doesn’t. USHL and NAHL both still best and NAHL (true Tier 2 unlike NCDC) adding teams and expanding

Nothing changes at youth level as Elite will stay Elite with the few outside area High Performance Youth (insert laughter here) teams getting sucked into the T1 Black (which is actually Tier 2 registered teams) parity round. CP Dynamo played in Fed a few years ago, they got the boot because no one wanted to take their Squirt teams there. So deja vu here.

For the person who thinks the youth or U16/18 level will rival T1EHL? Wow. You haven’t spent much time outside the 495 belt for hockey have you? The T1EHL and HPHL laugh at the EHF let alone the 2nd level Tier 2 teams or the youth part of the USPHL. They won’t even play them let alone merge. Little Caesars stays Indy for that very reason. Go talk the Mission, Grizzlies, Belle, Compuware....they love their true elite world and won’t let anyone tarnish it with RG like greed, which is good.

The only play the USPHL has is the Midwest Tier 2 youth leagues or the AYHL which is aligned with T1EHL at older level and soon to be with the ECEL as that expands for older and e9 at younger. Look for that next as already in the works.

So congrats, the USPHL announced basically nothing other than Tier 2 youth growth (welcome Maine Moose!). Oh yeah, and CP Dynamo, Skipjacks and SKS leaving because the competition stinks.

All a PR stunt and a way to increase quantity, not quality. Both EHF and USPHL both dying a slow and steady death with quality dripping every year.

Go Bandits and TG!
You missed the Juniors and College Board. Go for the Three-Peat!

Sorry your crappy league got cut you bunch of RG puppets!

Anon
Looks like someone's off his meds again...

anon
Anon
Looks like someone's off his meds again...
he may be off his meds, but he is spot on!

Anon
Looks like it’s run it’s course quickly. The NCDC experiment over. No top prospects on any team for next year, instead kid’s going from crappy u18 and u16 teams.....no real Kids playing D1 next year and new crop probably won’t play in college.

Premier riddles with bad HS kids.

U18 filled with kids who couldn’t make varsity at a public HS. Bandits and Syracuse don’t even have a team...

U16 now filled with 03’s and 04’s and now has 2 divisions like the Fed. Bad, and really bad. Even the once strong upstate NY teams stink, losing all their players to Coalition, Regals, Dynamo and Jr Sabres. Bandits have like 5 players, Kings still searching for warm bodies, jr Bruins all 04’s, Islanders all 03’s...

Prep school coaches stopped going to games last year and actually have told kids playing there is bad for any level of exposure. Proof that when RGs greed kicks in bad things happen...rumor has it ECEL is expanding with AYHL, NAPHL and Tier1 Elite Teams....

Night night USPHL, the fat lady just sang!

They just merged with the EHF, so not sure you are right about this...

The EHF Merges With The USPHL
By Media, 06/14/18, 12:30PM EDT

The United States Premier Hockey League (“USPHL”) and the Eastern Hockey Federation (“EHF”) have agreed to merge operations (the “Merger”) into the USPHL to form the nation’s largest amateur hockey league. The EHF will maintain its name and current 11 team Elite structure along with its multi-level, multi member Tier 1 divisions under the USPHL umbrella. The new combination will also allow the EHF Selects Midget Division to create a one of a kind competitive schedule with the USHPL’s most competitive full season Midget teams to provide unmatched exposure to NCAA hockey programs for young aspiring hockey players.

The USPHL and EHF organizations have each developed a complete player development model where, for the 2018/2019 season, boys will train, compete and enjoy the sport of ice hockey within their respective age group at the right competitive level. These programs go beyond the on-ice experience to include education, leadership and community service components to help foster a complete student-athlete. Upon completion of this process, the USPHL membership will consist of over 100-member organizations with 11,000 players spanning the ages of 6 through 20 and having a geographic reach that spans the complete Eastern Seaboard and expands west as far as Wisconsin.

The Merger of the EHF into the USPHL will be completed over the summer and will commence competition in September of 2018. Please visit the USPHL website at www.usphl.com or the EHF website at www.fedhockey.com for more information regarding member teams and further announcements.

anon
The EHF Merges With The USPHL
By Media, 06/14/18, 12:30PM EDT

The United States Premier Hockey League (“USPHL”) and the Eastern Hockey Federation (“EHF”) have agreed to merge operations (the “Merger”) into the USPHL to form the nation’s largest amateur hockey league. The EHF will maintain its name and current 11 team Elite structure along with its multi-level, multi member Tier 1 divisions under the USPHL umbrella. The new combination will also allow the EHF Selects Midget Division to create a one of a kind competitive schedule with the USHPL’s most competitive full season Midget teams to provide unmatched exposure to NCAA hockey programs for young aspiring hockey players.

The USPHL and EHF organizations have each developed a complete player development model where, for the 2018/2019 season, boys will train, compete and enjoy the sport of ice hockey within their respective age group at the right competitive level. These programs go beyond the on-ice experience to include education, leadership and community service components to help foster a complete student-athlete. Upon completion of this process, the USPHL membership will consist of over 100-member organizations with 11,000 players spanning the ages of 6 through 20 and having a geographic reach that spans the complete Eastern Seaboard and expands west as far as Wisconsin.

The Merger of the EHF into the USPHL will be completed over the summer and will commence competition in September of 2018. Please visit the USPHL website at www.usphl.com or the EHF website at www.fedhockey.com for more information regarding member teams and further announcements.

It's official, the youth hockey teams of the EHF, will be subsidizing the non usa hockey tier III junior hockey league called NCDC (alleged tier II). Congrats Fed Elite, your world is complete.