Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BU early commits

Albie was the head recruiter for BU and Quinn signs off on them. A huge reason why BU selected Albie was that he recruited all these players and commits and they want to keep them. Great hire. No brainer move.

Better for the existing roster, and commits, maybe. McEachern would have been a better hockey choice.

Albie gets to hire assistants - possibly McEachern?

Makes sense, helps with the recruits from Rivers. Ex-Pro player also helps with recruits from NTDP.

anon
Albie gets to hire assistants - possibly McEachern?
My assessment is, zero interest in that job. I know another coach that's been offered the AC job, it's not a glamorous gig compared to what these types of guys are already doing.

And the ACs tend to move around a lot. SM had a kid playing at Rivers, so he has interest in staying there.

anon
Albie was the head recruiter for BU and Quinn signs off on them. A huge reason why BU selected Albie was that he recruited all these players and commits and they want to keep them. Great hire. No brainer move.
Phew! That would have sucked

I don't think JW will be going there next year. Not now

Not a great loss from what I've seen.

He’s not going to play in that league even if he goes. Kid is soft, injury prone and does not like the off ice workouts.

Look how many kids BU has comitted??? Unless you are a stud do not waste your time. Most of the kids never see ice time or they are decomitted by the school before they finish High school. Really a sad place to be. If your kid is good enough you are better off committing to a smalller school that will actually make good on the commit

Anon
Look how many kids BU has comitted??? Unless you are a stud do not waste your time. Most of the kids never see ice time or they are decomitted by the school before they finish High school. Really a sad place to be. If your kid is good enough you are better off committing to a smalller school that will actually make good on the commit
BU only has 16 recruits form 2019-2021. Less than most schools. BU only recruits studs so not sure what your point is. An average player and going to play at BU.