Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NE Dev 03

Same thing in Mass and the same thing in NY....How many times do we need to go over this?

If you are not personally connected and do not have the "right" family advisor, your kid isn't going anywhere...

They will all go out to the camp and see where they really stand...some may do well and some will show that they shouldn't have been there in the first place...And some will have a mysterious injury or illness to explain their poor performance...

“Coaches” names please. This will clearly explain all selections. The “process” runs through the family advisors and connected bunch as the prior post accurately stated. Many on the list for both this camp and the national camp are worthy, a few are not. Many names missing on both lists. How is this the best of the best? Time to end the individual state tryout process too. Let’s get them all in one venue with non-biased evaluators (if there still are any) so that the best players are present at the New England camp and best are chosen from there. Too many VT and RI that could not hang. There will still be $ to spread around to the organizers and coaches, so no worries there. Time to switch up the camp venue too.

Congrats to all!

You know, I thought that way, too. Only the connected kids get selected. And then I found out a kid from the Silver (Magenta Division to all those elite parents that like to be funny like that) got in. Explain that one to me. Kid played EMHL for years, then moved onto a low level EHF Tier 1 team. He knew no one. Maybe independent evaluations actually can spot talent and not just names with elite attached to them. Maybe it is all about development...no, it can't be that, can it?

What year? 03? Not true...

Hands down top players, no exceptions

Looked at group from Mass and New England District heading to NY for the 03’s. Looks like lMass is pretty accurate with the kids selected, I dont think there are any better Mass forwards that are not on list from the final mass festival teams. . D looks pretty accurate for Mass too. The exception might be one or 2 of the goalies from Mass not heading up there. Interesting picks for RI and VT and way too heavy on CT kids. NH clearly has no influence over the evaluators like the other states, some clear misses from NH. Maine was accurate as no I ne established themselves as deserving the nod. .
Seems like some past reputations as pee wees still being factored in. Unfortunately the stickers on the helmets influence these pretend scouts as does the involvement of a $3500 advisor. What kills me is the guys that are presenting themselves as “ evaluators”l “ ushl scouts” “ as “ prep coaches” and recruiters. etc. Serious? I have been followibg youth hockey with my kids long enough to have seen many of these guys during their playing days. Not a guy in the group thst was good enough in his playing days to be offering an expert opinion on a 15 year old kid. Instead, these pretenders get caught up in who ‘s kid is who and who their relatives are, hoping to leverage that into an opportunity to advance their hockey relevance and hopefully get enough clout to move out of Moms basement. Pretty sad state of affairs.

Enjoy your trip!

Anon

Enjoy your trip!
100% accurate, especially the part about the evaluators. Most know far more about the pastrami sandwiches at the snack bar than they do about evaluating hockey talent. Well said poster.

The question is ... what is USA doing here? Send some real experts and selections at all levels would look MUCH different.

Anon
Looked at group from Mass and New England District heading to NY for the 03’s. Looks like lMass is pretty accurate with the kids selected, I dont think there are any better Mass forwards that are not on list from the final mass festival teams. . D looks pretty accurate for Mass too. The exception might be one or 2 of the goalies from Mass not heading up there. Interesting picks for RI and VT and way too heavy on CT kids. NH clearly has no influence over the evaluators like the other states, some clear misses from NH. Maine was accurate as no I ne established themselves as deserving the nod. .
Seems like some past reputations as pee wees still being factored in. Unfortunately the stickers on the helmets influence these pretend scouts as does the involvement of a $3500 advisor. What kills me is the guys that are presenting themselves as “ evaluators”l “ ushl scouts” “ as “ prep coaches” and recruiters. etc. Serious? I have been followibg youth hockey with my kids long enough to have seen many of these guys during their playing days. Not a guy in the group thst was good enough in his playing days to be offering an expert opinion on a 15 year old kid. Instead, these pretenders get caught up in who ‘s kid is who and who their relatives are, hoping to leverage that into an opportunity to advance their hockey relevance and hopefully get enough clout to move out of Moms basement. Pretty sad state of affairs.
MA was really good hockey. Teams were evenly put together with most if not all games going into OT or Shootout.
The Final 40 Mass Kids was off a bit with a few deserving to be there but the overall picks for the camp deserved to be there. In MA, the 03 level is so close after the top 10-12 kids, is it the same in CT or are the ones selected that much better then the others?

I watched a few games as my kid attended. I would say the CT kids that advanced to National camp were deserving. Yes, the "all star" game featured some kids that probably shouldn't have advanced to that next round but ultimately I think the final selections were fair based on how the performed during the week. Also, there were five kids that advanced from NH (2 goalies) so I think they got a fair shake.

Not 03, Sorry. 04 kid from RI. Camp is next week, I think. Made it in when someone on the original roster declined. How does that even happen?

Anon
Not 03, Sorry. 04 kid from RI. Camp is next week, I think. Made it in when someone on the original roster declined. How does that even happen?
We're talking about the kids who made to USA Hockey national camp in Buffalo, not the rinky dink 04 Yankee Conference money grab week.

Once again, no EMHL or Silver EHF kids.

Did everyome thst is hgoing to Natty Camp have to tryout?

No... couple of kids getting At Large bids ... because they were “hurt”....

Son, listen to me, you are hurt, got it? Will get exposed. Scham...........

Nice life lesson to teach your kid. Play “injured” or coveniently have a conflict instead of competing against your peers. Then mummy or dada will make a phone call to beg your way in. Granted the whole tryout “evaluation” process is fixed but do your kid a favor and have him earn something for once - even if it is a scham.

Anon
Just because your kid made it to Buffalo, doesn't mean they are even going to get a look...USA Hockey already knows who they are looking at and there are 2 from MA/NE...that is it...

Enjoy your trip!
Thanks for the great post?

Best way to Buffalo is back door.

Been playing that angle for a couple years now...good luck!

trying out not necessary? Im confused? Cant be accurate or else it would be a flawed process?

anon
trying out not necessary? Im confused? Cant be accurate or else it would be a flawed process?
STOOOOOOOOOPPPPPP! Yes, some kids get a pass..are you new to hockey, thats how this works, you know that going into a "tryout" like this. Now leave it alone, it has always been like this and always will, if it is too much for you, then move on to another sport.

Again....Have a great trip!

How are the locals doing out at Natty camp?