The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Qualifications to become a “ Scout”

Not talking about the legitimste guys that scout high end college aged players that typically played at a high level themselves. I’m talking about the young 20 something kids lingering around the rinks / prep scene in the spring telling parents which kids suck and which kids are the next D1 commits. These same guys that they themselves were not part of the “ IN Crowd” are trying to dictate which kids should be part of the “ IN CRowd” for their respective age group.s. Had one of them propose to me that he be the family advisor for my 04. You shyytttn me? You cant even get a full time job yourself. You should be paying me to be your advisor i told him. He got upset with me and didnt invite my 04 to his next tournament. Lets not even talk about the same guys running the premier super special, best only elite super duper spring team that funds the mac and cheese and Mcdonalds for a year. I have not yet met one of these 20 simething guys that had any substantive hockey career themselves. This same pool of guys write in their bios that an injury ended their career early. No it didnt., lack of hockey skill and bad decisions ended your playing days. I will not charge you $3500 for the next advice, GET.AJOB

Re: Qualifications to become a “ Scout”

Geez, that angry at 8:30 on a sunny July morning? Tell the wife you have some stress you need her to relieve.

Re: Qualifications to become a “ Scout”

Anon
Geez, that angry at 8:30 on a sunny July morning? Tell the wife you have some stress you need her to relieve.
Nerve struck! F-off 20 something “scout”. As OP said...get a real job before you're exposed! Not a very wise idea to head into a job interview at 30 and tell someone you’ve been scouting 12 year old youth hockey players for the last 10 years.