Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: USPHL Sux Guy

If you were resourceful and not so lazy or out of the loop you would have a clue.

Anon
If you were resourceful and not so lazy or out of the loop you would have a clue.
So you are just making stuff up is what your saying..got it.

Anon
Anon
So you are just making stuff up is what your saying..got it.
Haha, my kid is ON one of those teams mentioned, and we don't know all the kids on the roster yet.

Nor does it matter. I said it before I'll say it again. Midgets isn't youth hockey.

Enjoy your unsanctioned Tier 2 year!

If you stayed on a team then you’re an idiot, if you left a team to go to the USPHL then you’re a bigger idiot.

Anon

If you stayed on a team then you’re an idiot, if you left a team to go to the USPHL then you’re a bigger idiot.
Who cares if it’s sanctioned? I’ll tell who doesn’t care... Loomis, Berkshire, Westy, Deerfield, Selects Academy, and as of this past weekend
Youngstown Phantoms.. I’ll let you know who else doesn’t care as the year goes on.

Anon
Anon

Who cares if it’s sanctioned? I’ll tell who doesn’t care... Loomis, Berkshire, Westy, Deerfield, Selects Academy, and as of this past weekend
Youngstown Phantoms.. I’ll let you know who else doesn’t care as the year goes on.
Yes because all the parents are calling those programs to rescue their kid out of the league...!!!

Anon
Anon
Anon

Yes because all the parents are calling those programs to rescue their kid out of the league...!!!
Brown and UNH don’t care either. You don’t just call these schools and say hey I need to get my kid out of the USPHL. They reach out to you based on what your kid has produced by playing in the USPHL. You have no idea how the development ladder works.

Did Bandits U16 really fold? I see no evidence of that..

anon
Did Bandits U16 really fold? I see no evidence of that..
No. They folded their U18 team last year and aren't entering one this year.

Lot of **** being made up to try to discredit a league that isn't in anyone's way. It's well run, competitive, probably slots in between Catholic Conference and mid-level Prep, and allows kids to stay home and complete HS or Prep school in NE. If that's what you want for your kid. If you don't care about his education, send him to billet somewhere and have him go to school online. Colleges love that, just like employers love online degrees.

My kid is going into his second year in the USPHL and we have had a great experience. He's developing, getting tons of ice, and is getting solid interest from NAHL teams, which we will pursue after he graduates.

Based on his play in the NAHL circuit, he received a number of contract offers this summer to play for Tier III Juniors programs (EHL, Premier, NA3HL) in MA, PA, FL and Midwest, which we politely declined. They, too, will be there when he graduates, if we want them. Of course, those leagues all suck, because we know that EVERY D Board poster's kid is going to play Top Prep, then the U, and then get a full ride to a D-I school.

One day they will wake up and realize they blew it for their kid by not recognizing there are multiple paths, and if you choose the one that is too narrow you run the risk that your kid'll get squeezed out.

In typical bandits fashion they will put nine players on the ice throughout the season. Great league.

As far as the other chucklehead goes, stop spouting off about things you know nothing about. UNH does not really recruit out of the USPHL. Previous poster about Brown and USPHL is old Bandits u16 coach with a tired act of pimping his kid. Begged them to let little guy give them a meaningless verbal commit. The little midget will never see the ice. Good player, just not D1 good.

Bandits and USPHL all smoke and mirrors.

Anon
In typical bandits fashion they will put nine players on the ice throughout the season. Great league.

As far as the other chucklehead goes, stop spouting off about things you know nothing about. UNH does not really recruit out of the USPHL. Previous poster about Brown and USPHL is old Bandits u16 coach with a tired act of pimping his kid. Begged them to let little guy give them a meaningless verbal commit. The little midget will never see the ice. Good player, just not D1 good.

So your argument for a bad league is what 1 team might do. Yo you too elite to be on the dboard. UNH did recruit out of the USPHL, but dont let the facts get in the way of your cardigan. Where does your all star play? 3rd/4th line at your alma mater prep? You guys where matching jackets?

Anon

No clue what you are talking about. I'm not aware of any connection between the recent UNH recruit and the Bandits.

https://www.usphl.com/news_article/show/944227?referral=rss

Really scratching my head to understand why people feel the need to show their clenched butt holes to everyone on this issue. If you don't like the league, don't put your kid in it. It's that simple. But, it is a path to college hockey. Undeniably. Way better than MIAA, including CC, gaining on Prep. Already better than a lot of Prep schools that the scouts have stopped going to see play due to the concentration of talent in probably 15 schools. Those kids - like the kid going to UNH - realized they had to play Juniors first. Prep wasn't enough.

And that's what the USPHL offers. NCDC isn't the NAHL. But it's better than the EHL, which is better than Premier, which is better than NA3HL.

I didn't want to believe it either but after dealing with a USHL team and seeing the communication and professionalism involved, I am going to have to agree with a lot of it.

And I fought him and just didn't want to believe any of it, but I understand now. It's a different level for certain. He's pretty right about what he says and I honestly did not want to believe it at all.