Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boston Advantage

Let’s see if any of these kids actually make the teams.

If you know anything, you will realize not everyone on that u16 team happy, or plans on staying.

This problem exists across his entire orgs. Not many happy at really any of them.

Headed back to high school?? Bah ha ha ha

Kids left prep school and turned down offers at prep to be on the BA U16 team

Bah ha ha ha
Bah ha ha ha
Bah ha ha ha
Bah ha ha ha
Bah ha ha ha

Headed back to high school Bah ha ha ha Bah ha ha ha Bah ha ha ha Bah ha ha ha

Anon
TL and his whole crew are stubborn know it alls living off some minor past success. The are the Polaroid and Kodak’s of hockey, missing the boat on many things required to keep pace. They are so arrogant that they think people just show up to tryouts for youth and midget teams. Not the case anymore. Need to offer something special and recruit, especially for full season kids. He went from a solid u18 program to complete crap two years. Only focus is on his own kids teams. At the youth level needs that third line that can actually play at all age groups. For midgets, no one wants to be part of a team with 11 or 12 skaters because he sells them on more ice time. Go watch midget hockey elsewhere and every team has 4 full lines, nice rink with own locker rooms, some even with their own bus.

They are a tired old lost organization that expanded to fast. Go watch their other organizations play. Embarrassing for them. Not in it for hockey anymore. Anyone can make the teams as long as their check clears.

12 kids on their u18 team, u15s had to merge with Giants team, incoming u14s left end of last year. Both teams will fold within a month.

Winning attracts talent, full rosters give parents comfort that the program is legit and in demand.

Window is clearly open for the breakers if they can only get out of their own way. Wouldn’t be surprised see them bring back their full season USPHL teams and steal any remaining players from them.
I've seen it evolve all a bit differently. They seem to focus on hockey not locker rooms, team buses, playing cupcake local teams but playing hockey, being challenged and producing kids who can play high level D-3 and D-1 / pro hockey. From what I've seen they take games and ice and good competition from wherever they can find it. Yes they have supported kids who choose to play prep hockey. Go to their summer combine and you'll see kids who have come through their program who have chosen to play Tier 1, prep, C.C., local high school, other team's full season and they always find a spot for them and get them in front of college coaches. I will never figure out why people get so worked-up over that one program.

Great program that has failed to keep up with the times. Their lack of a real u16 team last year and only fieldin 1/2 of a u18 team this year, and a terrible u15 team this year indicates a negative trend. The combine not what it once was.

Past, or 1 team doesn’t make a program. That objective thinking when looking at a program is what some folks lack.

Anon
Great program that has failed to keep up with the times. Their lack of a real u16 team last year and only fieldin 1/2 of a u18 team this year, and a terrible u15 team this year indicates a negative trend. The combine not what it once was.

Past, or 1 team doesn’t make a program. That objective thinking when looking at a program is what some folks lack.
Where are you getting your info? Are there rosters somewhere? I can't find anything on the BA website (no surprise) or on the T1EHL or ECEL websites.

Maybe because I have a clue and you don’t?

Anon
Maybe because I have a clue and you don’t?
I asked a question, ********. Straight up. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

My thong is straight and feeling good splitting the peaches nicely, not bunches up at all.

Im local to them and my son has played for them so know the Advantage well. That’s how I know.

USPHL not great but unless in the BA 02 team, best local option.

Lovells only care about certain BA teams. They could care less about any other program they have. Giants are a joke, Knights worse.

When was the last time you saw TL in Raynham, Attleboro or Eastie? Right....not at all. He thanks you for your financial support though!

That's because JL runs those programs and he delegates to others while he is with the generals. Also all programs are about $$$$, nothing is free in life.

The "only" team with in the BA organization wasn't as good as TL himself made it out to be. They played in a weak E9 league and almost never played in ANY of the high end elite tournaments back in the day.

Anon
The \"only\" team with in the BA organization wasn\'t as good as TL himself made it out to be. They played in a weak E9 league and almost never played in ANY of the high end elite tournaments back in the day.
Absolutely true. His 02 avoided every good tournament and played in a weak league. Every year they dodged good competition - even last year they enter the state Tournament as U15 when you know no top end 02s play U15. No one plays U15. Reality hits this year as they are ranked #57 in country.

Correct. They are highly overrated.

Last time I checked the U15/02 team last year won the ECEL level at u16!!! Go ahead tell me that league stinks. Feel free to look at the teams in it. I think they just beat the full season u16 Kong’s with ease 5-1. What a joke. Oh and they lost in OT to the St Luis blues in the Tier 1 final last year. So when you are playing HD hockey enjoy.

F/S U16 Kings are awful...not sure where everyone went but they need some help in Foxboro