Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Second half U16

HS is not looking good here at all , anyone know if any full season teams will be losing any goalies , U16 need to bail on the HS i didnt realize it was going to be this bad .

Re: Second half U16

ANON
HS is not looking good here at all , anyone know if any full season teams will be losing any goalies , U16 need to bail on the HS i didnt realize it was going to be this bad .
Save yourself the cash and just play HS. Don't be fooled into paying for the FS teams. The majority of them are just an extension of the money grab for club owners. If your kid was good enough to be on the few FS teams that are worth playing for at U16, you wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. Not trying to take a shot at you or your kid, those FS teams worth the money are highly competitive, the rest are just trying to sell the dream.

Agree just stick it out with the high school for this year. My son is and has been in an less than ideal situation for the past two years but loves playing for his High School and his goalie coach who coaches goalies at the D1 level mentioned as a goalie here in MA playing high school hockey is the best thing for them until they enter their Jr year then you decide to move to higher level or stay.

So you went to captains practice's, which is probably only about 50% of the team that will try out and you're ready to bail.

This means either
a) the team is really bad but you're still delusional with where your son's career is heading. (As someone said, if he was good enough for the few U16 teams worth playing for, you would already be there.)
b) you realized the other goalies are significantly better than your son & he wan't going to play varsity

If it's A, stick it out for the year, your son might actually have fun playing with kids from school and find yourself a better option next year if you still feel it is necessary.

If it's B, any U16 will do so just start reaching out to all the teams, you'll find someone to take your check & telling you about how they'll get your kid to "the next level".