Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 16Pics

From reading the thread it doesn't sound like a Pics parent complaining but a parent from a team they played and was thinking of going there? If the optics looked bad than you are probably better off staying away. The Pics need Coach's Flagg and Smith back to put the best product on the ice which is not happening right now for whatever reason, weather its outside influence to play kids in spots or pressure of having the overseas players and billet parents to please, they need to get back to the Pics way of hockey which was having the best players in the best spots to develop.
2 months ago I helped a team local to me with the same situation (If the pics in fact are in a situation). Put the entire team in same color socks/jerseys with #'s on the back, run a true skating skill session with at least 5 coaches not familiar with your lineup to evaluate (U18 or Elite in this cases) the players who can skate are the ones you put on your top 6 and top 4..the others you work with with at practice to get there, then repeat again in 4 weeks. The U16 level is make or break from many of these kids and you owe it to them to give feedback.
If all else fails, bring back the Coyotes Jerseys.

^^^^^^^^This is great, will never happen, but would be an interesting exercise for any team to do, would be some humble pie going around.

Really good skills guy, why so jealous

Don't let 1 angry Chiefs parent smear the Pics name. Good organization, my son is very happy there.

Apple fritter with one regular and one hot chocolate

ANON
So am i missing something. What does the guy at the 2 small rinks doing? It sounds like a lot of jealousy. Clearly you sound like a parent that is mad because your kid couldnt make the team. I have a kid on the team and i see none of that. Im an Alum as well.
If you are an Alum then you know exactly what I’m talking about with Gary and Lincoln.
My program runs on those same principles and is the reason we are always a top USA program. We develop these young men from U16 and prepare them for college athletics.
Cant say the same about the Pics at this point. How many imports were on your Pics team because ours had none, how many parents were “helpers” because ours had none,
How many parents “threatened” to leave because ours had none. Now, how many kids on your sons team will play college or above because ours had 14 and I assume his will have 3-5? Maybe I’m just to old for this new wave of hockey but you are doing a great disservice to these kids.
Let us know how it works out.

Great Read! Thanks for the entertainment.

The rumor about taking a Dunkin order is way off base and frankly insulting. The Olympia is situated near Donut Dip which is where all Coffee and apple fritters are bought and brought to the bench during any game at the Olympia.

Played them last night, I agree, stay away. If your not from another country or “boys” with coaches, you ain’t playing. Kid my son played with for years just sat and he’s a strong player so we offered him a spot with us.
Dirty is an understatement, at least 1 kid is a lunatic. Parents yelling at their kids after the game..no thanks.

Its Tier II hockey at best. Team is going away, better 02's and all 03's leaving.

Anon
Its Tier II hockey at best. Team is going away, better 02's and all 03's leaving.
Really? Where are they all going?

Pics merging with Mass Conn United so who knows whats going to happen with either program. Announced today.

anon
Anon
Its Tier II hockey at best. Team is going away, better 02\'s and all 03\'s leaving.
Really? Where are they all going?
Many of the 02's will stay and struggle at U18 due to skating ability. A couple 02's will move to better organizations for exposure. Looks like only a handful of 03's and at least 3 of them leaving. Maybe the merger with Mass Conn will bring better talent to the U16's.

As I sit here at Olympia watching the Falcons vs the Lions I understand 2 things..IF your kid is going to play high school, go to Pope..If not, The Pics must be like the NHL compared to this.

OT lineup?

Anon
OT lineup?
I don't see the issue :hankey: