email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Local U16s teams

Anon
BA or Kings. Good coaching at both. Terrible rink for BA though. Bandits a potential but historically bad because of owner. They struggle to recruit. Giants have nice facilities but a total mess of a program with rumors of folding. Coach/GM total idiot that is the problem.
I don't think the U16 FS coach is the GM. Are you thinking of RL? He "coaches" the U15s and U18s.

This is him. Is the GM and coaches too many teams. My kid played for him in past and I hear he still coaches 18s and 16s. Had to take over 15s based on other posts here from what I hear. Complete mess. Not as bad as folks make him out to be, but a young coach still finding his way. Runs a good practice, no so good on bench. Typical Lovell program. People either love or hate him. Like many coaches, filled with a lot of false promises. Disorganized and kids need to have thick skin to survive him. Probably what will continue to be his problem. A true Lovell protege, which is why his, like BA and Knights continues to be on the down slide with numbers down, they don’t get it.

Anon
This is him. Is the GM and coaches too many teams. My kid played for him in past and I hear he still coaches 18s and 16s. Had to take over 15s based on other posts here from what I hear. Complete mess. Not as bad as folks make him out to be, but a young coach still finding his way. Runs a good practice, no so good on bench. Typical Lovell program. People either love or hate him. Like many coaches, filled with a lot of false promises. Disorganized and kids need to have thick skin to survive him. Probably what will continue to be his problem. A true Lovell protege, which is why his, like BA and Knights continues to be on the down slide with numbers down, they don’t get it.
He's 27. That isn't young. Has been acting this way for 6+ years now. Time to grow up. Sadly, I doubt he will. We'll be saying the same things when he's 40. Personally, I'll keep my kid well clear of him.

Correct. Could be good if he would only learn to teach vs just yell and name call. Not a lot of actual coaching happening and it shows with every team he’s had. Always a revolving door wherever he’s been. He does what the Lovells ask though, which is collect tuition from anyone!

My son liked playing for him