Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: High School Season Coming!

Leading scorer in state 16 tourney. Against the best of the best. Carried team to title. Yep. D3

JT didn't play "elite" either. Played 4 N*s.

Prep season is 3 months long - Is it worth the expense? Why not play high level split seasons and Public HS if it's good quality? Let's eliminate the top top preps - are they rest much better than top catholics or top publics. For the 9-10th grader why not play high end split season and public high school - if you're good move on from there. Tough to justify the expense for prep or the travel for full season??? It's really a shame how the high school hockey experience has changed so dramatically in 20 years.

Anon
JT didn't play "elite" either. Played 4 N*s.
Sounds like he needs a better agent!

Anon
Anon
JT didn\'t play \"elite\" either. Played 4 N*s.
Sounds like he needs a better agent!
Classic Big Fish Small Pond syndrome.

His dad probably convinced him HS hockey will be the greatest experience of his life because it was the greatest experience of Dad's life.

Anon
Not True..After Super 8 its pretty bad hockey.
Pretty funny; like you know the landscape. 2015 and 2016 the best defesensemen in the state both played for the D-1 title outside of the Super 8 and that's just two examples.

anon
Anon
Pretty funny; like you know the landscape. 2015 and 2016 the best defesensemen in the state both played for the D-1 title outside of the Super 8 and that's just two examples.
Ancient history. 2015 Catholic Private schools monopolized the Top 6. Token Publics were put in the Tournament just to feel like they were still in the mix. Everyone was talking about how it was unfair.

Now the Publics are beating the CCs.

That's how fast it's fallen off.

anon
Anon
So we are saying that MA High School hockey is good as a whole because 2 lines on 8 teams are good, 1 D3 player is very good and 3 years ago there was a strong Dman. What about ALL the other teams and players? 3500 kids and we talking about a Dman from 2 years ago! Pathetic!

I don't think anyone is saying MIAA is good as a WHOLE.

My point is that Prep or FS U16 isn't the end all be all for every good player, or even to develop good players.

There are still very good players at the MIAA level who can either move on to Prep later or Juniors, which most of the Prep/FS kids end up going anyways for ages 19/20. Split season and summer showcases prove it. There are MIAA kids all over the ice competing and doing well against the alleged cream of the crop Prepsters.

Playing MIAA in winter, good split in the Fall and quality summer showcases won't hurt a solid player one bit.

anon
I don't think anyone is saying MIAA is good as a WHOLE.

My point is that Prep or FS U16 isn't the end all be all for every good player, or even to develop good players.

There are still very good players at the MIAA level who can either move on to Prep later or Juniors, which most of the Prep/FS kids end up going anyways for ages 19/20. Split season and summer showcases prove it. There are MIAA kids all over the ice competing and doing well against the alleged cream of the crop Prepsters.

Playing MIAA in winter, good split in the Fall and quality summer showcases won't hurt a solid player one bit.

Actually, you're the third person to make this point, but the prep hardo keeps coming back with forced objection because...prep hockey is the best!

The best was the prep or full season dad hardo - "Yeah, but what about the kids who like to play real hockey?"

And the reply - "they're out in the Midwest playing in the USHL"

Hahahaha, never a hero in your home town!

anon
anon
I don\'t think anyone is saying MIAA is good as a WHOLE.

My point is that Prep or FS U16 isn\'t the end all be all for every good player, or even to develop good players.

Playing MIAA in winter, good split in the Fall and quality summer showcases won\'t hurt a solid player one bit.

Actually, you're the third person to make this point, but the prep hardo keeps coming back with forced objection because...prep hockey is the best!
Even if the hockey isn’t the ‘best’.. the education certainly is. Unfortunately i don’t think that matters to some people.

anon
So what is it looking like? Any sleepers out there making a run at Super 8 glory or is it the same-old-same-old? Who will be good?
hearing Pope Francis stands above the usual contenders.

curious how Central does with the turnover.

Some of the traditional public strong teams look like they've lost their hockey players and are now fielding teams with kids who have hockey as their second or third sport. Won't be good is my guess.