High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Too many leagues and teams

anon
Anon
It\'s not about dollars and cents whatsoever. It\'s about facing the reality (as this player and family did) however difficult that reality may be, that the time has come to move on.
We're talking about 18-20 year old kids, right? Why do you need to impose your reality on them? They will learn about life eventually. Meanwhile, why not keep playing if you still love it and can afford to play? It's essentially a gap year (OK maybe two) for a kid that maybe isn't interested in backpacking around Europe. I still don't understand the hate, these kids are not taking away opportunities from the college prospects. And if it's not for you or your kid, then don't play.
Thank you.

I don't understand why people care how many lower level Juniors programs there are. I also don't understand why people consistently dump on D-III hockey. It seems to revolve around money for the se people. "Pay to Play Juniors are a waste of money." "D-III schools don't offer scholarships." I guess I just. Can't. Relate.

I've said it many times throughout my life. If someone said "you can have five years off from 20 to 25 to do something you're passionate about but you have to work until you're 70," I would have signed up in a heartbeat. Why not enjoy life when you have the energy to do that to the fullest extent possible? But, we didn't have that kind of money. In fact, I didn't have ANY money.

So, if it costs me some cash to let my kid pursue his passion, I'm totally fine with it. It's going to to be my kids' money someday anyway.

I'm specifically replying to the remark regarding Mr. Cox's prospect lists. No one in my family has ever met him and I can assure you we have never paid him. My son does not go to a prep school and does not have a hockey advisor. And yet somehow his name still manages to show up on these lists. So unless there's a fairy godmother out there subsidizing the marketing of my kid I choose to believe that it's his talent that is getting him noticed!

Anony
I'm specifically replying to the remark regarding Mr. Cox's prospect lists. No one in my family has ever met him and I can assure you we have never paid him. My son does not go to a prep school and does not have a hockey advisor. And yet somehow his name still manages to show up on these lists. So unless there's a fairy godmother out there subsidizing the marketing of my kid I choose to believe that it's his talent that is getting him noticed!
Let me guess. He plays for the Boston Advantage. Cox loves pumping up the Boston Advantage players. There are some other E9 org players he likes to pump up as well. Tell us, which org does your boy play on? Then we can figure out the connection easily.

Wrong guess. He doesn't play for any of the supposed "super select" teams; doesn't even play full season. No BA, E9, Fed for Life, USPHL, etc. He chose to stay and play with his friends that he's been with since Mites. So what's the connection?

Anony
Wrong guess. He doesn't play for any of the supposed "super select" teams; doesn't even play full season. No BA, E9, Fed for Life, USPHL, etc. He chose to stay and play with his friends that he's been with since Mites. So what's the connection?
Oh tell me great Dboard. What is the name of this creature?

Name, team, birth year

The ball is in your court now, dad. Please send us a link of the Cox report on your son as well.

I'm pretty sure this board is anonymous for a reason. Too many people here trash talk kids and I'm not about to subject my son to that just because I'm trying to make a point. Suffice it to say that everything I have said is truthful. I will also refer you to a poster's comment made on the "High School Season is coming!" thread on 11/20 at 11:01 am which pretty much sums it all up.

Anony
I'm pretty sure this board is anonymous for a reason. Too many people here trash talk kids and I'm not about to subject my son to that just because I'm trying to make a point. Suffice it to say that everything I have said is truthful. I will also refer you to a poster's comment made on the "High School Season is coming!" thread on 11/20 at 11:01 am which pretty much sums it all up.
:laughing:
You speak out your ass. Why would you bring in the High School Comment? This is about Jeff Cocks posts and how/why they are created.

If you people were as good detectives as you think you are it would be obvious why I brought in that comment.

Anony
If you people were as good detectives as you think you are it would be obvious why I brought in that comment.
I got the post above on Nov 21, 2018 - 4:47PM correct. Your mention of the comment in the High School Comment has me stumped. Please, give me another clue.

Anony
Dollars to doughnuts you either have some impressive lineage / last name or your kid is a roam the ice, puck handling defensemen who has really never played a shift of defense in his life. Nailed it, right? :mag_right:

anon
Anony
Dollars to doughnuts you either have some impressive lineage / last name or your kid is a roam the ice, puck handling defensemen who has really never played a shift of defense in his life. Nailed it, right? :mag_right:
Love these *******s who talk like they know it all about amateur hockey. When in fact, all they do is play the system and push everyone else to the side. Excuse me, pardon me, my kid first. Fact is, most of these clowns who have their kids skate for free while the rest of us pay for it couldn't hold there own if their kid was left to their own merits. Free ride in youth, then free ride in Prep, and then preach to others that the only way to make it is by going the Prep route. I always laugh when I hear their BS in public. I always think, you must be an idiot to think that I believe that.

What? Almost incoherent drivel.

Thank you - I thought it was just me that didn't get that rant.