Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DIVISION 1 SUPER EIGHT

DIVISION 1 SUPER EIGHT

1. BC HIGH (9-1-1 … LW 1) – The Eagles get a week off before their next matchup Monday against a solid Framingham team.

2. POPE FRANCIS (7-1-1 … LW 4) – Trip to Andover on Saturday the first of three consecutive bus rides to take on potential Super Eight opponents.

3. CATHOLIC MEMORIAL (8-2-0 … LW 2) – The Knights set the tone for another good day for the Catholic Conference with Monday’s tough win against Reading.

4. AUSTIN PREP (9-1-2 … LW 3) – The Cougars return to Catholic Central play for the next two before a big matchup next Monday against …

5. ARLINGTON (7-1-2 … LW 6) – … the Spy Ponders, who haven’t given up more than two goals in a game outside of their lone loss to BC High.

6. XAVERIAN (7-3-1 … LW 7) – The good news for the Hawks is they are done with BC High, at least until the postseason.

The wild cards

7. Hingham (10-2-0 … LW 8); 8. St. Mary’s (11-2-0 … LW 5); 9. Winchester (10-2-0 … LW 10); 10. Duxbury (11-2-0 … LW NR).

Re: DIVISION 1 SUPER EIGHT

Does the MIAA ever bring up a D2 team? Canton seems to be pretty good this year.

Yes, I think there was talk a few years ago - I forget what team but they were on the watchlist well into the late part of the year. But it's a stretch from D-II to D-I no matter how good they look. Great question for the Boston Herald hockey guy.

Canton clearly best D2, but let's not get crazy. Squeaked past a weak D1 Franklin last night and had trouble in both games with them. Same with mediocre D1 KP.

Not a super 8 candidate. Nobody is from D2, probably ever.

Very good D-2 is just OK D-1 (not top 10), even with how bad h.s. hockey has become in the past 4-5 years. I know the D-2 parents hate to hear it but go watch a few games and look at some of the head-to-head games and it will become apparent.

Framingham beats #1 BC High 2-1. About 800 at Loring tonight. Place was electric.