View Entire Thread
Re: Best Combination

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Randy Watson
So you don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t believe that smart athletes don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t exist? Probably because you have never met one. MIT has students that were nationally ranked runners who also happen to be brilliant. Stanford is full of Division One athletes that were Valedictorians at their high school. These people exist.
I didn\\\\\\\'t say that. I said that parents see athletics as a shortcut. My kid is a Prep honors student, and in the vast minority on his team. As a result, his merit scholarships are greater than most of his teammates\\\\\\\' academic scholarships - if they got one. And, he will be playing college hockey, most of them will not.

Note to parents: tell your kid to hit the books, not the top shelf. It will serve them better in the long run.
And therein lies the problem with college hockey. Especially in the NorthEast. The best are not chosen for the sport. The rich and the entitled are chosen by the sport to advance. In addition, you are discussing academia on a hockey board. This region of the US is all about entitlement. I bet the recent college scam runs deep in the NorthEast for college hockey.
Wow sorry your kid got cut.
Sorry you are too dumb to figure it out.
Someone call the wambulance for this guy. His kid didn't get the the spot he deserved.:sob:
Ahhh. What’s the matter? Did I hurt your feelings. Poor baby doesn’t like people talking about his precious Prep School this way.