Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
U16 and U18 Split

Players that will " make" the team already know. If you have not been tapped on the shoulder and if you were not shown the roster, start making calls. Some of theU16 and U18 big boy split season teams are saving 5-6 spots for incoming prep players from out of state. Most if not all these spots are spoken for. So, get on the horn. and start networking. Some of the perennial favorites will be disrupting the apple cart and it will come down to who makes that call to the next coach first. As usual , most tryouts are on the same day so don't fall for the trap. Need games , it will be a long fall withouts games.

Re: U16 and U18 Split

anon
Players that will " make" the team already know. If you have not been tapped on the shoulder and if you were not shown the roster, start making calls. Some of theU16 and U18 big boy split season teams are saving 5-6 spots for incoming prep players from out of state. Most if not all these spots are spoken for. So, get on the horn. and start networking. Some of the perennial favorites will be disrupting the apple cart and it will come down to who makes that call to the next coach first. As usual , most tryouts are on the same day so don't fall for the trap. Need games , it will be a long fall withouts games.
Early nominee for the "four weeks too late" post award.

Here's an idea. Let's all host the tryouts on the same day.....IDIOTS

I am sure it makes me sound like a snob but, that is because the tryouts are about one thing $$$$. May get a player or two but overall the rosters are set.

Anon
I am sure it makes me sound like a snob but, that is because the tryouts are about one thing $$$$. May get a player or two but overall the rosters are set.
There are plenty of spots to be earned for the national bound U16 split teams going into next week's tryouts. SSK and Northstars have open spots going into tryouts.

U16/ U18 RR full, CCW U16/ U18, U16/ U18 YDogs in CT are full
if you are targeting them , think again and don't miss out on other good options , happened to me last year and regret banking on tryouts being held to actually identify candidates. Families have been told if they are on these teams already. If you were told that tryouts were on XYZ date then you really should be looking for a good home, that was your clue. Doesn't mean junior isn't good, it just means that there are sexier players out there from sexier schools.

BTW- " SHOWCASE TEAM" = B team so no matter how it is spun, it is the B team. Another way of still being able to collect $$ from you rather than leaving and giving someone else the $

anon
U16/ U18 RR full, CCW U16/ U18, U16/ U18 YDogs in CT are full
if you are targeting them , think again and don't miss out on other good options , happened to me last year and regret banking on tryouts being held to actually identify candidates. Families have been told if they are on these teams already. If you were told that tryouts were on XYZ date then you really should be looking for a good home, that was your clue. Doesn't mean junior isn't good, it just means that there are sexier players out there from sexier schools.

BTW- " SHOWCASE TEAM" = B team so no matter how it is spun, it is the B team. Another way of still being able to collect $$ from you rather than leaving and giving someone else the $
So play on another team if your not on a team yet. If your a good player they will find you.. right?
Enjoy some lacrosse for the time being.

So I have a U15 that is playing up at U16. He didnt have to skate. I would guess these tryouts are to collect a bit of cash and maybe find a player or two if they are lucky. There are lots of opportunities so don't worry. If you are good they find you is 100% correct. My kid could S*** the bed and a kid who doesn't get on one of these teams could have a great season. Its all what you do with the opportunity you get.

Anon
So I have a U15 that is playing up at U16. He didnt have to skate. I would guess these tryouts are to collect a bit of cash and maybe find a player or two if they are lucky. There are lots of opportunities so don't worry. If you are good they find you is 100% correct. My kid could S*** the bed and a kid who doesn't get on one of these teams could have a great season. Its all what you do with the opportunity you get.
A U15 skating U16 isn't "playing up." Time to let go of that youth hockey concept of your beating your chest about your kid being special because he is competing against older kids.

LOL, wow sensitive, didn't think that was beating my chest. Actually did not put as much thought into how I worded that as you did. The great part of this is, if you are in beast, you will know exactly who my kid is, so come say hi. Now that is beating your chest. Lol

Anon
LOL, wow sensitive, didn't think that was beating my chest. Actually did not put as much thought into how I worded that as you did. The great part of this is, if you are in beast, you will know exactly who my kid is, so come say hi. Now that is beating your chest. Lol
I'll repeat the same advice. Let go of the youth hockey thing of crowing about your kid. You're so practiced at it, you're not even conscious that you're doing it.

If he is good, congrats. Find some humility, your kid will be better served for it.

It's something all the parents of truly elite players I know have learned. Let the kid's play speak for itself. Let others do the talking for you.

Have fun in the Beast.

Anon
Anon
LOL, wow sensitive, didn\'t think that was beating my chest. Actually did not put as much thought into how I worded that as you did. The great part of this is, if you are in beast, you will know exactly who my kid is, so come say hi. Now that is beating your chest. Lol
I'll repeat the same advice. Let go of the youth hockey thing of crowing about your kid. You're so practiced at it, you're not even conscious that you're doing it.

If he is good, congrats. Find some humility, your kid will be better served for it.

It's something all the parents of truly elite players I know have learned. Let the kid's play speak for itself. Let others do the talking for you.

Have fun in the Beast.
^^^ Both these guys are complete d-bags