email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lacrosse vs Hockey Path

anon
So you see most kids wanting to do this hockey marathon in order to make a living? I've always thought of it just as a way to get a solid college education while playing the game they all love.
The problem becomes, to put up with all that goes with hockey they need to love, love, love the game to keep playing. Otherwise even a marginally smart kid can figure it out.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
So a Lacrosse player can do 4 years of high school and then go play some form of College Lacrosse if good enough? No wasting 2 years of life before hopefully playing college? Sign my kid up for that.
I dont understand why Hockey has to be so much different even to play D3..toxic.
Because 99.9% of the lacrosse players when they graduate, have to have a day job.
You lost me..Wont all of them need day jobs once they graduate?
Some will play professionally (and it\'s more than 0.1%). High level, low level, outside North America, professional opportunities exists in hockey that don\'t exist in lacrosse.
99.9% of the Lacrosse players that will play professionally will still need a day job
they will need a day job while they are playing professionally

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
So a Lacrosse player can do 4 years of high school and then go play some form of College Lacrosse if good enough? No wasting 2 years of life before hopefully playing college? Sign my kid up for that.
I dont understand why Hockey has to be so much different even to play D3..toxic.
Because 99.9% of the lacrosse players when they graduate, have to have a day job.
You lost me..Wont all of them need day jobs once they graduate?
Some will play professionally (and it\'s more than 0.1%). High level, low level, outside North America, professional opportunities exists in hockey that don\'t exist in lacrosse.
99.9% of the Lacrosse players that will play professionally will still need a day job
So will 99 percent of the hockey players. Professional sports is no way to make a living except for a very small fraction of players.