anon
anon
anon
anon
USHL Average age last year was 18.8
NAHL Average age last year was 18.8
BCHL Average age last year was 18.7
NCDC Average age last year was 19.8

Not many 16/17 year olds from anywhere playing on these teams.
18%-19% is about 1 out of 5.5 players out of ages ranging from 16-21yo that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s just about where it should be... 5 or 6 kids per roster of 25. Stay in your school and don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t go until you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re ready
The answer is Zero. 18-19 is the average age not the % of players. Not 1 team has 5 16/17 year old\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s and that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s how it is supposed to be.
oops , read it wrong, my bad. for the record though the first year NTDP is 100% 16 and 17year olds
Any from New England?
yes, 2 from Mass and 1 from Rhode island Actually one kid (MB) got called up to the '01 team
You really answered that? I thought it was asked rhetorically. Of ocurse there are kids form NE on the team.

People would have lost their MINDS here if there wasn't a single kid from NE selected for the NTDP.

Re: Food for thought

just curious why NA3HL is not included. safe to assume it's no.21?

anon anon
just curious why NA3HL is not included. safe to assume it\'s no.21?
Safe to assume it's not in the top 20. There's a separate ranking of Tier III leagues.

But, the author is super-biased in favor of some leagues and against others. Loves USPHL, hates NA3HL. One of the biggest hypocrites out there. Called out someone for lying to families about scouts at camps when he does the same thing. He was forced to print a retraction because he was dead wrong in his accusations.

Called out another guy that he competes for parent's wallets with for tax fraud which, last I checked was a federal matter not a junior hockey matter, and NCAA violations that the NCAA never claimed were happening. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in court for libel. Also said classless things about the guy personally.

Everyone's connected so you always have to be careful what you say, but I genuinely hope this guy gets his comeuppance. He's an arrogant ****** on his website and in person.

Comical to look at these rankings written by someone who is clearly retarded and biased. The author won't even publish his name as he knows how stupid this is. Good for a laugh though. The USHL at 1? Hahaha! The QMJHL at 6? Hahahaha. The best team in the USHL wouldn't win a game in the QMJHL. Total joke written by a dummy with an agenda. You can read right through it.

You think the Q is good? All offense and not the most respected league. Yeah they win the championship but it's usually one / two stacked teams.

Anon
Comical to look at these rankings written by someone who is clearly retarded and biased. The author won't even publish his name as he knows how stupid this is. Good for a laugh though. The USHL at 1? Hahaha! The QMJHL at 6? Hahahaha. The best team in the USHL wouldn't win a game in the QMJHL. Total joke written by a dummy with an agenda. You can read right through it.
Huh? It's written by Joe Kolodziej, who owns The Junior Hockey News, which is where the article was pulled from. He doesn't hide (I wish he would), the poster failed to list the source.

Joe is absolutely biased. He over-hypes the USPHL to the point of nausea, and hates on the NA3 more than the league deserves (but some teams absolutely dfo deserve the criticism). I don't like him personally, he does things that are abusive of my moral compass, but he has to sleep with his own decisions. I'll just insulate my kid from him.

But, he is generally knowledgeable.

As for the USHL vs. the Q, I don't know of any Americans that are choosing to play in the CHL versus USNTDP (you know, the team with 8 draft picks this past June), the USNTDP is in the USHL, and they don't run roughshod through the league. So, would USHL teams not be able to win a game in the Q? I'd say that's hyperbole. Does the Q belong 6th? Subjective. One man's opinion. I don't know that it's below the NA or the BCHL, but if you read his criteria - one year assessment - it isn't far-fetched. He would know better than any of us whether French Canadians are choosing Junior A and NCAA over the Q. I also know the Q is in some really remote locations, so quality of life may be a contributing factor.

I do think some personal bias is probably evident there, as well.

Thanks for pointing out the dummy's name who pretends he knows something. Hey Joe, did you look at the end of year CHL rankings before putting your joke of a list together. In case you missed it... CHL teams ranked 1-10:

Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (54-7-0-1)

Prince Albert Raiders (51-9-2-2)

Drummondville Voltigeurs (48-11-2-1)

Ottawa 67’s (46-11-3-2)

London Knights (44-12-6-1)

Halifax Mooseheads (46-14-2-1)

Everett Silvertips (45-14-2-2)

Baie-Comeau Drakkar (44-14-2-2)

Vancouver Giants (44-14-2-2)

Saginaw Spirit (42-15-2-3)

The QMJHL had 4 of the top 10, and 2 of the top 3 yet you rank the Q a distant 3rd? Even below some pretty weak leagues. Your agenda is pretty clear Joe. Publish whatever b.s. you can to try to make sure the top New England kids don't consider the Q. If you're going to pretend to be knowledgeable, why don't you at least try to be accurate and let people decide for themselves what is the best path to their own development. More fake news. Dummy!

And this isn't subjective as well? They don't play across leagues until finals so a record in one league is irrelevant to the others. What isn't subjective is the NHL Draft and by that standard the Q doesn't perform all that well.

Also comparing USHL to CHL is a little bit apples to oranges.

USHL top players leave earlier for NCAA, typically at 18/19 so the older players in the league are less skilled. Top CHL players who don't sign with NHL teams have to stay in CHL until they are 20 as they can't play in the AHL until they are 20. Based upon that alone means there is more talent in CHL in any given year but it's not a huge gap.

That's another one people post all the time which just spreads the ignorance, that the QMJHL is a much older league filled with 20 year olds. Here are the facts based on stats from last season:
13 of the 15 teams in the USHL have an average age over 18.
Only 8 of 18 teams in the QMJHL have an average age over 18.
There are a lot of misconceptions out there. The Q is by far the younger league.

Q teams can have a max of 3 twenty year olds. No such restriction in the USHL. This keeps the Q a you get league and moves the older players out for younger players. Good system

Anon
Q teams can have a max of 3 twenty year olds. No such restriction in the USHL. This keeps the Q a you get league and moves the older players out for younger players. Good system
USHL allows 5.

Dude reading comprehension is not a strong suit of yours. I didn't say CHL was older. Both leagues are U20, and both allow I believe up to six 20 year olds which would make them the same age.

What I did say was that the top talent in the USHL leaves before age 20 to go play college hockey. CHL players have no where to go. It's NHL or bust.

Now go put down your CHL pom poms, take off the QMJHL footie pajamas and go find a job.

Q only allows 3 max

The guy is an idiot. If you want good commentary about junior hockey, try JuniorHockey.com. The guy who runs that site knows his stuff and is completely unbiased.

Boo hoo. No one wants to go to the Q. It's always been that way and always will. Get over it. NCAA is a better route. More options, more flexibilty, more time to develop.

Anon
Thanks for pointing out the dummy's name who pretends he knows something. Hey Joe, did you look at the end of year CHL rankings before putting your joke of a list together. In case you missed it... CHL teams ranked 1-10:

Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (54-7-0-1)

Prince Albert Raiders (51-9-2-2)

Drummondville Voltigeurs (48-11-2-1)

Ottawa 67’s (46-11-3-2)

London Knights (44-12-6-1)

Halifax Mooseheads (46-14-2-1)

Everett Silvertips (45-14-2-2)

Baie-Comeau Drakkar (44-14-2-2)

Vancouver Giants (44-14-2-2)

Saginaw Spirit (42-15-2-3)

The QMJHL had 4 of the top 10, and 2 of the top 3 yet you rank the Q a distant 3rd? Even below some pretty weak leagues. Your agenda is pretty clear Joe. Publish whatever b.s. you can to try to make sure the top New England kids don't consider the Q. If you're going to pretend to be knowledgeable, why don't you at least try to be accurate and let people decide for themselves what is the best path to their own development. More fake news. Dummy!
You're doing yourself a disservice by not reading the article. He didn't say the Q teams weren't good or tha the league was 6th best on the ice. His ratings are based purely on advancement. It's stated, clear as day.

He didn't say Q teams aren't good?
"The QMJHL is still hanging on to the number six spot. The league while still producing some NHL talent has largely become an afterthought in Canada."
Nothing further from the truth!