Click Here For The DBoard Store!!!

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stick suggestions

Any suggestions on buying sticks? It seems like I am spending $300 on a stick 2 - 3 times a season/year. Didn't know if anyone knew of a website to buy bulk or any other suggestions. Thanks. Oh and keep your stupid comments to yourself (you know who you are).

Re: Stick suggestions

Buy pro stock from sideline swap.
At retail stores I buy my son jetspeed ft2 pro ($149) and he seems to be fine with it. It is as light as top line sticks from couple of years ago.

Agree with the above post. Look for any place that sells pro-stock. Your selection may be a bit more limited but you get the $350 sticks for $150. Only difference is no warranty and typically they only come in senior. Based on the price you are paying, my guess is that is not a concern. I use HockeyStickMan.com. Its Canadian but they do a terrific job.

Test out a few ALLBLACKHOCKEYSTICKS....like 100 each, my son uses one and likes it "as good" as his CCM sticks...

Pro stock sticks are tough to buy because you never know what you're getting. Some will be labelled '75 flex' and they're as stiff as a board, others will have wild curve variations you think would make them throwaway factory seconds. Best solution has been to find a curve the kid likes and search the internet for new sticks from 3-4 years ago with the same curve on closeout. Sure the colors and graphics aren't as desired by kids as this years models but saving a couple hundred bucks a stick it's worth it.

anon
Pro stock sticks are tough to buy because you never know what you're getting. Some will be labelled '75 flex' and they're as stiff as a board, others will have wild curve variations you think would make them throwaway factory seconds. Best solution has been to find a curve the kid likes and search the internet for new sticks from 3-4 years ago with the same curve on closeout. Sure the colors and graphics aren't as desired by kids as this years models but saving a couple hundred bucks a stick it's worth it.
^Agreed. If you search you can find 2016 & 17 top line models for half of what they were retail. Stick technology hasn't changed that much since then so finding his curve is what will matter most.

Sherwood 5030 feather lite Coffey curve

BH23 Base hockey's new Drury heel curve.. just order one for little bender