Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Private day school recommendations?

Adding Rivers and middlesex

Belmont hill and Roxbury Latin are single sex

Belmont Hill = Rydell High 不不不不不不不不不不不不不不不不不不不不不不不不

Milton Academy by far the best hockey and academics. Lawrence Academy and St Marks 2nd...Middlesex and Groton decent but you better be 1st line and top 2 on team to even sniff a look...hope helps.

ANON
Milton Academy by far the best hockey and academics. Lawrence Academy and St Marks 2nd...Middlesex and Groton decent but you better be 1st line and top 2 on team to even sniff a look...hope helps.
boarding schools not day, this guy looking for coed day

Anon
ANON
boarding schools not day, this guy looking for coed day
All of those do boarding and coed but have a day student option.

ANON
Milton Academy has good academics but won one game last season.

Lawrence Academy has good hockey but is middle to lower middle in academics.

So, clearly, you don't have a clue about NE Prep schools.

LA for academics, that is laughable!

Start looking at ISL league website https://www.islsports.org.
Find which schools excel in boys' and girls' sports your kids are interested in.
Research the schools in Niche.com to have a casual understanding of the school (location, tuition, academics, boarding, day, or mix).

If you want to predict athletic trajectory of your kids into college, you need to do a bit more research and collect insider information.

Make sure to google "SSAT and Boarding school" "SSAT and ISL school" to get a sense of SSAT (or ISEE) score you would need for these schools.

Good luck.

Anon
Start looking at ISL league website https://www.islsports.org.
Find which schools excel in boys\' and girls\' sports your kids are interested in.
Research the schools in Niche.com to have a casual understanding of the school (location, tuition, academics, boarding, day, or mix).

If you want to predict athletic trajectory of your kids into college, you need to do a bit more research and collect insider information.

Make sure to google \"SSAT and Boarding school\" \"SSAT and ISL school\" to get a sense of SSAT (or ISEE) score you would need for these schools.

Good luck.
ISL is only a handful of schools, hockey champion hasn't been an ISL team in a number of years.

Go TO NEPSAC site and look at the playoff results for whatever sports you're interested in. All NE Preps are part of NEPSAC.

Suggesting to research all 169 nepsac schools including ones ending 9th grade or in CT? Not a good advice. Just an ego against ISL.

Anon
Suggesting to research all 169 nepsac schools including ones ending 9th grade or in CT? Not a good advice. Just an ego against ISL.
Did I say that asshat? No. I said check the playoff results listed on the NEPSAC website. That'll tell you who the best teams are by sport.

My kid plays at an ISL school. League means nothing. Real championship is winning the NEPSACs.

Sorry. I missed the playoff part. Mines plays in ISL too.
Where is the archived result of playoff results in the NEPSAC website? I see sporadic list of news, but those news are also missing results from 2017-2018 and other years.

Thanks so much for all those that have taken the time to reply! Very helpful.
Academics definitely come first in our book, but the kids log course think the sports are just as important.
We will definitely look further into Rivers. Does anyone have an opinion about Austin Prep they’d be willing to share? Location wise- it would be convenient, and I think we’d prefer a true day school vs one where there was a boarding option (don’t want the kids to be the outliers if they’re some of the only ones that don’t board). Any other school that are coed, and true day schools, north or west of Boston? Thank you again!

My son goes and plays at one of the day schools mentioned in the thread and loves it. Some of his former teammates play at AP. They definitely have a good hockey program but it’s a step down from the preps IMHO.

Having gone through the prep school admissions process, I would tell you to focus more on academics and overall school fit . All the schools are great but are also very different and cater towards different types of kids. Best of luck in your search.