High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: U14 Mounties

Anon
Anon
Are they going for a spot in the E9? If they don’t make it you put your kid at a boarding school to play in the American division of the BHL? Am I wrong?
Not exactly but they will be moving players between each team.
1000% wrong.

Repeat after me...

Jr. Mounties U14 (E9/BHL) has nothing to do with MSC Hockey Academy.

Very realistic for an average tier 1 Black kid to get ice on this team.

Anonymous
Very realistic for an average tier 1 Black kid to get ice on this team.
Not next year as U15...

The only similarity between the Jr Mounties an the MSC hockey Academy is that they play under the same USA Hockey umbrella. All Hockey Academy players must go to MSC. Jr Mountie players can go to school anywhere.
In no situation would players be moved from one roster to another.

Anon
The only similarity between the Jr Mounties an the MSC hockey Academy is that they play under the same USA Hockey umbrella. All Hockey Academy players must go to MSC. Jr Mountie players can go to school anywhere.
In no situation would players be moved from one roster to another.
Most of the U14 hockey academy roster wont be there next year as U15...not good enough...parents better realize that sooner rather than later...

If they don’t make the U15 next year can they play in the Fed?

Anon
If they don’t make the U15 next year can they play in the Fed?
If??? You mean "when"...and I'll doubt the out of state kids will stay in RI...U14 is the weakest of all new academy teams...obviously recruitment didn't go as planned...:grin:

Dont look now but they swept the mighty VT flames this weekend...lol

agree with above they are not good and most likely 95% of this team will not be playing for U15 next year rather they will be playing JV if they stay. They are simply subsidizing the older teams by paying full freight, but the local parents will not wake up and realize it cause they fell for it in the first place.

Anon
Dont look now but they swept the mighty VT flames this weekend...lol

agree with above they are not good and most likely 95% of this team will not be playing for U15 next year rather they will be playing JV if they stay. They are simply subsidizing the older teams by paying full freight, but the local parents will not wake up and realize it cause they fell for it in the first place.
Don't look now, but they lost to us Rats 8-6 (with PR in net) on an empty net goal...how many goals did you lose to us Rats by? Wish we could play them many times this year. Would be great development for both teams.

You're such a nobody. Probably a parent of a kid that got cut from SKS or didn't get invited to MSC. No they are not BJE or MFR, but they still will be a very good team.

Very entertaining reading this back and forth. Yeah the U-14's are not as strong as the other 3 tiers but try getting parents these days to let little Johnny at 14 years old leave home. If your knocking the MSC HA your kid is not good enough to play there or you dont know sh#t about hockey. I've been listening to all the RI parents for 14 months drinking the haterade. Go watch a 15 or 16 game and you'll need a ton of wire to put your jaw back together. In 3 years all 4 tiers will be at nationals. 15 and 16's have a shot in the 1st year.

When did they start playing games? It’s September 9th, how do you evaluate a team so early? Especially a team where the kids do not know each other, most players are staying away from home for the first time, entering a new school, etc.,.

I know your son's town hockey team probably didnt start yet. Already 10 games into the season. Like I said you dont know what your talking about. Find another topic to hate on. Your over your ski tips here pal. Both 15 and 16's have played some of the top teams in the country the last two weeks. Showcase tournament's heard of them?

Anon
When did they start playing games? It’s September 9th, how do you evaluate a team so early? Especially a team where the kids do not know each other, most players are staying away from home for the first time, entering a new school, etc.,.
MSC hockey academy teams are all full-season USA Hockey Tier 1 teams. They have U14, U15, U16, and U18 teams. Schedule runs from last week of August and goes into April if they make it to nationals.