email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BBN, Rivers or Austin Prep?

anon
The both of you repeat after me. PREP SCHOOL IS FOR BOOK WORMS AND TIN FOIL LIBERAL RETARDS.
I would venture a guess that you are paying more for your kids FS team than I'm paying for tuition, room & board for my son at his ISL school, funny how scholarships and financial aid work. He's getting a great education, developing connections that will serve him well over the course of his life and getting great exposure on the ice. So continue to tell yourself you did the right thing by over emphasizing a sport vs. your son's academic development and that it will all work out. "Son don't worry about your homework, we have drop in skills we have to go to!" Meantime, your son is playing in front of 10 people, none of whom our scouts because they are the prep games looking at players who will be able to not only play at the next level but can compete academically.

I know BOOKWORM, it's all politics and the development system is broken and you are going to help usher in change. Make sure you let Bazin, O'Connell, and all the other programs who have send recruiters to my kids games that you've got better idea. You're right, the development model is broken but not in the way that you think. The owners have convinced naive parents like you that FS is a better development model, that paying all this money will get him the development and exposure needed to reach the next level. Unfortunately for you, the next level is the USHL and they don't seem to agree with that assessment based upon the last two years of the draft.

Repeat after me, "In New England, if you want to give your kid the best chance at playing D-I hockey, Prep is the best path." If it's the NHL or bust because you kid can't cut it academically, send him up north to a solid Junior A or Major Junior program because he isn't going to go anywhere playing FS around these parts.

anon
anon
The both of you repeat after me. PREP SCHOOL IS FOR BOOK WORMS AND TIN FOIL LIBERAL RETARDS.
I would venture a guess that you are paying more for your kids FS team than I'm paying for tuition, room & board for my son at his ISL school, funny how scholarships and financial aid work. He's getting a great education, developing connections that will serve him well over the course of his life and getting great exposure on the ice. So continue to tell yourself you did the right thing by over emphasizing a sport vs. your son's academic development and that it will all work out. "Son don't worry about your homework, we have drop in skills we have to go to!" Meantime, your son is playing in front of 10 people, none of whom our scouts because they are the prep games looking at players who will be able to not only play at the next level but can compete academically.

I know BOOKWORM, it's all politics and the development system is broken and you are going to help usher in change. Make sure you let Bazin, O'Connell, and all the other programs who have send recruiters to my kids games that you've got better idea. You're right, the development model is broken but not in the way that you think. The owners have convinced naive parents like you that FS is a better development model, that paying all this money will get him the development and exposure needed to reach the next level. Unfortunately for you, the next level is the USHL and they don't seem to agree with that assessment based upon the last two years of the draft.

Repeat after me, "In New England, if you want to give your kid the best chance at playing D-I hockey, Prep is the best path." If it's the NHL or bust because you kid can't cut it academically, send him up north to a solid Junior A or Major Junior program because he isn't going to go anywhere playing FS around these parts.
We have bingo. You have just shown the problem in New England hockey development. Prep is not the answer. You want to know the reason why the ones in control think that Prep is the answer? I will tell you. The ones in control will lose out on easy bank if the current environment is not maintained. It is the only way they can make money. So instead of removing the cost barrier for many parents and doing the right thing. The ones in control will continue to make a living on youth sports by fleecing the parents.

Repeat after me, “PREP SCHOOL IS FOR BOOK WORMS AND TIN FOIL LIBERAL RETARDS “. It is not for developing elite hockey players.

anon
anon

A great education? You mean like when they get a bad grade and get to take the test over and over and over until the grade is better? You mean when they are late to a meeting or class and it just gets brushed off? Yes, very much like real life #cmon
The connections they are making are just rich kids hanging with rich kids talking about how many homes they have, cars dad drives, and business family owns. I hope they enjoy these years at Prep because at some point they will need to stand on their own 2 feet, have a job, pay for gas, be accountable for themselves...Prep claims to teach you that, but it does not.

anon
anon
anon
I would venture a guess that you are paying more for your kids FS team than I\'m paying for tuition, room & board for my son at his ISL school, funny how scholarships and financial aid work. He\'s getting a great education, developing connections that will serve him well over the course of his life and getting great exposure on the ice. So continue to tell yourself you did the right thing by over emphasizing a sport vs. your son\'s academic development and that it will all work out. \"Son don\'t worry about your homework, we have drop in skills we have to go to!\" Meantime, your son is playing in front of 10 people, none of whom our scouts because they are the prep games looking at players who will be able to not only play at the next level but can compete academically.

I know BOOKWORM, it\'s all politics and the development system is broken and you are going to help usher in change. Make sure you let Bazin, O\'Connell, and all the other programs who have send recruiters to my kids games that you\'ve got better idea. You\'re right, the development model is broken but not in the way that you think. The owners have convinced naive parents like you that FS is a better development model, that paying all this money will get him the development and exposure needed to reach the next level. Unfortunately for you, the next level is the USHL and they don\'t seem to agree with that assessment based upon the last two years of the draft.

Repeat after me, \"In New England, if you want to give your kid the best chance at playing D-I hockey, Prep is the best path.\" If it\'s the NHL or bust because you kid can\'t cut it academically, send him up north to a solid Junior A or Major Junior program because he isn\'t going to go anywhere playing FS around these parts.
A great education? You mean like when they get a bad grade and get to take the test over and over and over until the grade is better? You mean when they are late to a meeting or class and it just gets brushed off? Yes, very much like real life #cmon
The connections they are making are just rich kids hanging with rich kids talking about how many homes they have, cars dad drives, and business family owns. I hope they enjoy these years at Prep because at some point they will need to stand on their own 2 feet, have a job, pay for gas, be accountable for themselves...Prep claims to teach you that, but it does not.
I can't find one element in your understanding of the Prep School experience that is even close to true. You clearly have no idea.

Prep schools have far lower tolerance levels than public schools. You can't get expelled from a public school, short being convicted of a crime.

As for all those supposed wealthy kids walking around, that is a far, far lower proportion of people than you think. As in, single digit percentages. Most kids come from means, but not the kind of wealth you're describing. And a much higher percentage of kids are receiving aid (athletes and non-athletes) than are independently wealthy.

Anon
anon
anon
anon
I would venture a guess that you are paying more for your kids FS team than I\\\'m paying for tuition, room & board for my son at his ISL school, funny how scholarships and financial aid work. He\\\'s getting a great education, developing connections that will serve him well over the course of his life and getting great exposure on the ice. So continue to tell yourself you did the right thing by over emphasizing a sport vs. your son\\\'s academic development and that it will all work out. \\\"Son don\\\'t worry about your homework, we have drop in skills we have to go to!\\\" Meantime, your son is playing in front of 10 people, none of whom our scouts because they are the prep games looking at players who will be able to not only play at the next level but can compete academically.

I know BOOKWORM, it\\\'s all politics and the development system is broken and you are going to help usher in change. Make sure you let Bazin, O\\\'Connell, and all the other programs who have send recruiters to my kids games that you\\\'ve got better idea. You\\\'re right, the development model is broken but not in the way that you think. The owners have convinced naive parents like you that FS is a better development model, that paying all this money will get him the development and exposure needed to reach the next level. Unfortunately for you, the next level is the USHL and they don\\\'t seem to agree with that assessment based upon the last two years of the draft.

Repeat after me, \\\"In New England, if you want to give your kid the best chance at playing D-I hockey, Prep is the best path.\\\" If it\\\'s the NHL or bust because you kid can\\\'t cut it academically, send him up north to a solid Junior A or Major Junior program because he isn\\\'t going to go anywhere playing FS around these parts.
I can't find one element in your understanding of the Prep School experience that is even close to true. You clearly have no idea.

Prep schools have far lower tolerance levels than public schools. You can't get expelled from a public school, short being convicted of a crime.

As for all those supposed wealthy kids walking around, that is a far, far lower proportion of people than you think. As in, single digit percentages. Most kids come from means, but not the kind of wealth you're describing. And a much higher percentage of kids are receiving aid (athletes and non-athletes) than are independently wealthy.
So if your son gets a bad grade at his Prep School he doesn't get to take the test again and maybe 1 more time? You honestly feel an A at prep is the same as an A at a public school? Not sure the last time you were in public school but kids are being expelled for Vape, Alcohol, Fights, ect..We must agree that should be the same regardless of prep or public.
If the wealthy were only in single digits than many prep schools would close. That endowment money has to come from somewhere and that's from full pay students and donations made by their parents. I have worked at 3 Prep Schools and I am right.:heavy_dollar_sign:

anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
I would venture a guess that you are paying more for your kids FS team than I\\\\\\\'m paying for tuition, room & board for my son at his ISL school, funny how scholarships and financial aid work. He\\\\\\\'s getting a great education, developing connections that will serve him well over the course of his life and getting great exposure on the ice. So continue to tell yourself you did the right thing by over emphasizing a sport vs. your son\\\\\\\'s academic development and that it will all work out. \\\\\\\"Son don\\\\\\\'t worry about your homework, we have drop in skills we have to go to!\\\\\\\" Meantime, your son is playing in front of 10 people, none of whom our scouts because they are the prep games looking at players who will be able to not only play at the next level but can compete academically.

I know BOOKWORM, it\\\\\\\'s all politics and the development system is broken and you are going to help usher in change. Make sure you let Bazin, O\\\\\\\'Connell, and all the other programs who have send recruiters to my kids games that you\\\\\\\'ve got better idea. You\\\\\\\'re right, the development model is broken but not in the way that you think. The owners have convinced naive parents like you that FS is a better development model, that paying all this money will get him the development and exposure needed to reach the next level. Unfortunately for you, the next level is the USHL and they don\\\\\\\'t seem to agree with that assessment based upon the last two years of the draft.

Repeat after me, \\\\\\\"In New England, if you want to give your kid the best chance at playing D-I hockey, Prep is the best path.\\\\\\\" If it\\\\\\\'s the NHL or bust because you kid can\\\\\\\'t cut it academically, send him up north to a solid Junior A or Major Junior program because he isn\\\\\\\'t going to go anywhere playing FS around these parts.
I can\'t find one element in your understanding of the Prep School experience that is even close to true. You clearly have no idea.

Prep schools have far lower tolerance levels than public schools. You can\'t get expelled from a public school, short being convicted of a crime.

As for all those supposed wealthy kids walking around, that is a far, far lower proportion of people than you think. As in, single digit percentages. Most kids come from means, but not the kind of wealth you\'re describing. And a much higher percentage of kids are receiving aid (athletes and non-athletes) than are independently wealthy.
So if your son gets a bad grade at his Prep School he doesn't get to take the test again and maybe 1 more time? You honestly feel an A at prep is the same as an A at a public school? Not sure the last time you were in public school but kids are being expelled for Vape, Alcohol, Fights, ect..We must agree that should be the same regardless of prep or public.
If the wealthy were only in single digits than many prep schools would close. That endowment money has to come from somewhere and that's from full pay students and donations made by their parents. I have worked at 3 Prep Schools and I am right.:heavy_dollar_sign:
When I was in HS i didn't even know what Prep Schools or the Ivy League were. But, my kid was in Private Schools all the way through, JK though 12, because it was the right thing for him, and he's thrived in that environment. it wasn't easy at first, but we made it a priority.

I am and always have been a full payer. I make donations to the school.

I don't own multiple houses or own any businesses. I work for "the man" just like you. I'm just better at it. And I'm a saver, and a good investor.

I drive a six year old car worth $20K that happens to be a German marque that people probably assume is worth way more. I bought it used, it has 120,000 miles on it, and I plan to keep it indefinitely.

To my knowledge, my kid has never been allowed to retake a test once, let alone twice. That covers Prep, Junior Prep, and two independent elementary day schools. Maybe he just never needed to. Biut, that isn't my understanding of the process.

Find me a kid that was expelled for vaping (queue up Brownsville Station), and I'll tell you about the kid that was expelled from my kid's Prep school for alleged sexual assault - and was picked up immediately by a public school because he could put the biscuit in the basket.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
I would venture a guess that you are paying more for your kids FS team than I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m paying for tuition, room & board for my son at his ISL school, funny how scholarships and financial aid work. He\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s getting a great education, developing connections that will serve him well over the course of his life and getting great exposure on the ice. So continue to tell yourself you did the right thing by over emphasizing a sport vs. your son\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s academic development and that it will all work out. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Son don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t worry about your homework, we have drop in skills we have to go to!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Meantime, your son is playing in front of 10 people, none of whom our scouts because they are the prep games looking at players who will be able to not only play at the next level but can compete academically.

I know BOOKWORM, it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s all politics and the development system is broken and you are going to help usher in change. Make sure you let Bazin, O\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'Connell, and all the other programs who have send recruiters to my kids games that you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve got better idea. You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re right, the development model is broken but not in the way that you think. The owners have convinced naive parents like you that FS is a better development model, that paying all this money will get him the development and exposure needed to reach the next level. Unfortunately for you, the next level is the USHL and they don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t seem to agree with that assessment based upon the last two years of the draft.

Repeat after me, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"In New England, if you want to give your kid the best chance at playing D-I hockey, Prep is the best path.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" If it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s the NHL or bust because you kid can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t cut it academically, send him up north to a solid Junior A or Major Junior program because he isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t going to go anywhere playing FS around these parts.
I can\\\'t find one element in your understanding of the Prep School experience that is even close to true. You clearly have no idea.

Prep schools have far lower tolerance levels than public schools. You can\\\'t get expelled from a public school, short being convicted of a crime.

As for all those supposed wealthy kids walking around, that is a far, far lower proportion of people than you think. As in, single digit percentages. Most kids come from means, but not the kind of wealth you\\\'re describing. And a much higher percentage of kids are receiving aid (athletes and non-athletes) than are independently wealthy.
So if your son gets a bad grade at his Prep School he doesn\'t get to take the test again and maybe 1 more time? You honestly feel an A at prep is the same as an A at a public school? Not sure the last time you were in public school but kids are being expelled for Vape, Alcohol, Fights, ect..We must agree that should be the same regardless of prep or public.
If the wealthy were only in single digits than many prep schools would close. That endowment money has to come from somewhere and that\'s from full pay students and donations made by their parents. I have worked at 3 Prep Schools and I am right.:heavy_dollar_sign:
When I was in HS i didn't even know what Prep Schools or the Ivy League were. But, my kid was in Private Schools all the way through, JK though 12, because it was the right thing for him, and he's thrived in that environment. it wasn't easy at first, but we made it a priority.

I am and always have been a full payer. I make donations to the school.

I don't own multiple houses or own any businesses. I work for "the man" just like you. I'm just better at it. And I'm a saver, and a good investor.

I drive a six year old car worth $20K that happens to be a German marque that people probably assume is worth way more. I bought it used, it has 120,000 miles on it, and I plan to keep it indefinitely.

To my knowledge, my kid has never been allowed to retake a test once, let alone twice. That covers Prep, Junior Prep, and two independent elementary day schools. Maybe he just never needed to. Biut, that isn't my understanding of the process.

Find me a kid that was expelled for vaping (queue up Brownsville Station), and I'll tell you about the kid that was expelled from my kid's Prep school for alleged sexual assault - and was picked up immediately by a public school because he could put the biscuit in the basket.
If he went to Cardigan, Eaglebrook or Fay for JR Boarding he was able to take tests multiple times until the grade was acceptable, no questions asked (I taught at 1 of those) I don't care about your car, your investments or whatever else you feel like patting yourself on the back about, bottom line is that percentage of full pay students are nowhere near single digits at any Prep School... and every kid deserves a second chance, especially if hes a goal scorer. Seriously though was he convicted or alleged? Was his name Antonio Brown?