Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Lovell Development Model

This has to be one of the most embarrassing single day showings in recent u16/u18 history.

The 16 generals had 6. Yes. 6 skaters at their game. Fold the program and give people their $ back. My god. Someone should be accountable

anon
This has to be one of the most embarrassing single day showings in recent u16/u18 history.

The 16 generals had 6. Yes. 6 skaters at their game. Fold the program and give people their $ back. My god. Someone should be accountable
USA Hockey Rule 201.
Composition of Teams ..A maximum of 18 players, plus not more than two goalkeepers, shall be permitted to play in the game. All teams must dress a minimum of 11 competitors (one goalkeeper and 10 skaters) for all games. The only allowable exceptions to this rule are for weather problems, team sickness, and/or suspensions. Any violations of this rule are to be brought to the attention of the Discipline Committee by the opposing Team Officials and the Referee. Suspensions and/or fines may result from an infraction of this rule.

Looks like this would be grounds to severely punish those involved with the Generals. NAHL u16 games are governed by USA Hockey. I am sure there are insurance issues and liability at stake as well..

Think about how much exposure those 6 got though! Lol

Anon
https://twitter.com/jeffcoxsports/status/1180165645977169920?s=12. (Gens u18)

Oh snap. JC slapped the Lovell/Gens misfits around!

So let’s recap Giants and Gens cumulative U16s and u18 results after day 1.

11 GF, 78 GA! 78! To put things in perspective, the Pats have allowed 27 points against for the entire season so far.

How they don’t fire coaches is beyond me.

I guess I’m just me not understanding that development model!

Check please!

Set you DVR's! Lovell Hockey is on this week's episode of New England Hockey Journal TV on NESN!

Not a Lovell fan, but to be fair, these are the Generals split season teams, right? FS seems to be fine, at least for the Gens.

And, what level of affiliation is there between The Generals U16 / U18 and Lovell? JL is still shown as Head Coach of the NAHL team, even though someone here said he was out. But, are the Giants and Gens being run by the same people?

Like anything Lovell, rosters not accurate and just smoke and mirrors.

JL left HC role for Gens right before season. BE back behind bench. Ouch. Their record reflects the change. Classic bait and switch. Lovell’s took part ownership of Gens 2 years ago as part of JL’s deal. TL used to be listed as a coach as well. They did this so it’s a fallback plan for a little TL and other BA kids. Looking at stats on the team doesn’t seem to be working out so well.

The drunk loser salesman from Giants who never actually played the game at any real level has always been head of scouting for last few years and is now on bench along with Gens u18 coach. All still very much connected through ownership and team affiliation.

Both Giants and Gens U16s/18 teams share players as they don’t have full FS teams. Both a joke. USA hockey will be stepping in.

Quick update...

22 GF.....115 GA...

Way to go guys....solid program! Development! Exposure!

Check please!

Anon
Quick update...

22 GF.....115 GA...

Way to go guys....solid program! Development! Exposure!

Check please!
95 Giants U18

1-10
0-5
1-11

95 Giants U16

0-6 *Only 6 players
Forfeit
Forfeit

Set you DVR's! Lovell Hockey is on this week's episode of New England Hockey Journal TV on NESN!

Ended weekend with 26 GF, 129 GA combined...now that is development AND exposure, just not the right kind...I’m sure the parents and players were really happy and are excited to hit the ice this week for practice.

Good news though, travel budget for the rest of the season just shrunk as both organizations were told they have given the boot from the NAPHL for the rest of this year and forever.

Imagine hosting and event then getting cut???

Time to re-evaluate Lovells. Be better boys....

Anon
Ended weekend with 26 GF, 129 GA combined...now that is development AND exposure, just not the right kind...I’m sure the parents and players were really happy and are excited to hit the ice this week for practice.

Good news though, travel budget for the rest of the season just shrunk as both organizations were told they have given the boot from the NAPHL for the rest of this year and forever.

Imagine hosting and event then getting cut???

Time to re-evaluate Lovells. Be better boys....
First they were kicked out of the T1EHL for the start of this year, now they have been kicked out of the NAPHL.

What's next? Oh, that's right...soon it will be the Generals leaving the NAHL. That's a helluva track record. Lots of talk and bull**** coming out of Hingham, but not a lot of action!

Giants booted from lowly ECEL. Illegally played another u18 team, 16’s tossed around and 15s went 0-4 with 2 GF and 33 GA. Ouch. Rough weekend in crappy league.

You and the Springfield Pics guy should get room together for a night. Not sure if you noticed but you’re the only person responding to this thread because nobody gives a ****.

Where is the proof they got kicked from the league? Just curious

So for BA proof is they are not on website, in standings or have games.

Giants u18 team folded and half season wanna be prep team filling in. Giants don’t have a full U16 team, it is the half season team playing ECEL events until HS starts.

Guy who runs league tired of the no roster or real teams from Giants. Solid program TL.

Dear DBoard administrator,

Can we please ban this guy for the dumbest post in America? Clearly just on here trolling about Lovell Hockey because his program either blows or son got cut. It took me 5 seconds to find the Boston Advantage in the standing for all 3 teams and another 4 seconds to see both teams logo still on the ECEL website. I hope all these teams have the weekend off so we don’t have to listen to this bozo next week give false information.

Please re-read post.

He said BA not in T1EHL and Giants getting the boot. I know you are probably one of TL or JL’s uneducated hockey flunky biatches but please keep up. Another reason to keep your kid in Prep School!

Sincerely,

The Other Guy Who Thinks Lovell Is Overrated

#keepingLovellhonest

Weird, haven’t heard any BA commits recently like we were promised...ECEL not cutting it????

That’s because it’s not going to happen.

Anon
Weird, haven’t heard any BA commits recently like we were promised...ECEL not cutting it????
Of the so called 8 or 9 that will be committed from that team how may of those parents are starting to sweat? With the NAHL no longer in play and a 2nd year of U18 a harsh reality.. maybe should have gone prep?

Didn't realize you were so interested in 17 year old boys, maybe you should seek help!

And maybe the parents decided to spend their $50K tuition on college instead of high school????????

Anon
Didn\'t realize you were so interested in 17 year old boys, maybe you should seek help!

And maybe the parents decided to spend their $50K tuition on college instead of high school????????
Good decision... they will have to pay for college!

Pretty sure that crew can afford prep. BA has yet to have a winning record against prep teams this year.

Regarding NAHL, maybe after 2nd year of 18s, maybe. Then again, zero commits coming from any kid playing 2 years of 18s.

Final weekend results for the Giants/Gens. My suggestion would be just make it a house league and be done with it. Can't get $8500/4000 for that though..

Giants U16 1-3 6-26
Giants U18 0-4 3-29 (omg)

Total Giants 1-7 9-54

Gens 16 SS 1-3 3-10
Gens 18 SS 0-4 7-37 (wow)

Gens FS 16 1-3 11-19
Gens FS 18 1-3 5-18

Total Gens 3-13 26-84

Total Lovell Mutts
W/L : 4-20
GF/GA: 35-138