Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: u16 scratches

Dad, look at the characters behind the scenes.
Question #1 Do they have real jobs?
Question #2 Is there a Dad that has a kid on the team that has influence over coach / coaches ?
Question#3 Are you / your kid more excited about wearing a sexy logo and saying my boy plays on the XYZ team?
Question #4 Have you read the mental midget post yet?
Question #5 How are you going to get your boy ready for prep now that this experiment bombed?

I don't understand why a dad just doesn't knock out a coach that does that to his kid. If you are lied to and stolen from just go outside and beat the p i s s out of the coach or owner. It only has to happen once and things would change.

Why would folks be so pumped up to play there? Decent teams last year but not world beaters.

Would never sign my kid on to a team with more than 4 lines or 3 pairs of D.

Dad
Why would folks be so pumped up to play there? Decent teams last year but not world beaters.

Would never sign my kid on to a team with more than 4 lines or 3 pairs of D.
You don't know how many kids they sign before you show up for the first practice in August.

Had a team send my kid a contract. We said "last year you used 10 D, thanks but no thanks." Coach says, "Oh, that was just an unusual set of circumstances. We don't do that normally."

Yeah, you don't. It's only 9 D this year. My kid would have made it 10, though.

Of course, it's barely October.

What team?

The team with 3, 4 sometimes 5 players watching wearing ties ( likely thinking that they could be on campus doing homework).

How about you answer the question?

Anon
How about you answer the question?
You can look teams up on Elite Prospects and see exactly who played how many games at each position.

Some u16 teams practice once a week while others twice. Practice will help to prepare for the upcoming season more than limited game play. Squeeze in a skills session if possible and watch the practice and it may show you some areas that need improvement. Also, if you can put aside your emotion ask the coach what your son needs to work on to improve. Most coaches are trying to help players develop but there is enormous stress placed on them by numerous sources to win unfortunately and it impacts playing time.

Anon
What team?
I believe it's Yale

anon
Anon
What team?
I believe it's Yale
Not sure but those guys certainly fit the bill. Well known for 5 line rosters with 3+ goalies and then telling 4-5 kids to stay home or to watch their buddies play when they get to the rink.

Adults with team gear? Guy standing in corner screaming? Kids with deer in headlights look on their face?

Post of the year! Loser parents!

9 players on bench in loss, scratching kids still.

Anon
9 players on bench in loss, scratching kids still.
That's uncalled for. I know they don't like hearing from parents but it may be time for an intervention.